Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who will be a surprise cut on Sunday? Or will there not be any surprises?

so which ones are the surprise cuts?  thread is asking for surprise cuts....

I understand that. Which is why I mentioned Jackson and Minnifield as possibilities (you seemed to conveniently leave the part out of your quote). But really, I'd expect no surprises. That was the point of the post. The vast majority of names being mentioned really have zero chance of being cut tomorrow. Next week? Maybe. Tomorrow should be the easy choices...

Even the Tandler quote above is about the 53, not getting cuts tomorrow.

How come we didn't see any Lache today?

RG3.... i keed i keed. I'd have to go with Moss. He has been playing well but there is Jackson, Garcon, Grant, Robinson.. How many receivers are typically kept on the roster? Thompson will be cut which saddens me(I had high hopes), but if you can't stay healthy you can't stay on the team.

Moss so consistent though.

I'm going way out on a limb and say Chris Thompson.  I think they really like him and that they want him to be the guy, but he hasn't really flashed in the preseason games while the other running backs have and he's like that British sports car that looks so good in the driveway and has all the specs, but is in the shop way more than on the road.

He'd get picked up immediately, you'd be willing to part with him because your a little frustrated?? Thank goodness skins fans aren't GM's

He'd get picked up immediately, you'd be willing to part with him because your a little frustrated?? Thank goodness skins fans aren't GM's

What has Thompson done to earn a roster spot? I mean don't get me wrong, I like the kid but he's literally contributed nothing. I'm not parting with Redd to keep Thompson on the roster, that's for damn sure.

You don't see an availability issue with Thompson? He's barely taken a snap in 2 years of preseason (and fumbled, what... twice in those limited opportunities?). Wouldn't mind seeing what he can do next week, but I hardly think he'd even be a surprise cut at this point. Don't get me wrong, I like the 'idea' of Thompson, but he has to show something.

I suspect Chris THompson will get waived with an Injury settlement.   he's one of the few guys who I feel there's just no point to keep, the work from the other RBs makes him expendable.  I'm going to suggest that we may just do the same with Hankerson, but he could be destined for IR.   

I don't know. I ate half a pizza, drank an ODoul's and a half and passed the **** out at the beginning of the third. I missed everything.

You didn't miss much.  After reviewing the box score, it's as I thought.  0 carries for Seastrunk.   Redd didn't look very good but the running game as a whole didn't look very good.     

I wonder if they are looking to stash Seastrunk at this point.    Likely with Redd too but since Redd didn't cost a draftpick, wouldn't hurt as much if he got poached.

I think Redd is more of a Morris back, while Strunk is more of a Roy/Roy back.

I also don't think it's possible to "stash" player. Teams scouting departments are all over every other teams film and who they have. It's hard to keep a secret in the NFL.

My surprise cut is Helu. I don't see keeping both Roys and not a rookie. I think CT to the IR, Redd to the PS.

Sure, it's hard to keep talent on the PS, but with limited game tape, teams may give pause from picking up a player from the PS.  They have to go on the 53.   

I really like Royster, he's consistent.  He just doesn't have the splash.    Redd's PS, no doubt.   If CT isn't injured, they could still PS him too.    I just think Royster's the odd man out which is a shame.

I think as the offensive line has been horrible as always there will be some cuts there and maybe a couple guys brought in from other teams cuts. McGlyn, Gettis, Ribs, Hurt or Compton should all be on the bubble after what I saw last night so one or maybe more should be released. I'm also not sure sure that Tracey Porter makes the team.,

We need to scour other teams practice squads and find offensive linemen....sign whoever another team tries to hide there.

I agree that Tracy Porter gets cut.

Agreed, they can't pay everbody on the team 5 million dollars a year or more. Some positions on the team need to be manned by young players working off there rookie deals but it sure doesn't seem like any of the many young o lineman drafted over the past few years has developed enough to be back ups let alone starters. It is frustrating to watch game after game. I don't know, maybe they should have brought in Davin Joseph and Eric Winston to play on the right side for cheap this year. I don't think it could be worse right now. I also understand that RGIII needs to get rid of the ball quicker or move around in the pocket more. Looks like another year same problem. Have to hope Long and Moses are the answer at this point. 

I think Redd is more of a Morris back, while Strunk is more of a Roy/Roy back.

I also don't think it's possible to "stash" player. Teams scouting departments are all over every other teams film and who they have. It's hard to keep a secret in the NFL.

My surprise cut is Helu. I don't see keeping both Roys and not a rookie. I think CT to the IR, Redd to the PS.

Doubt that Helu is cut. He's the best pass catching RB we have, by far. We'll need that for our ample 3rd and long checkdowns.

My surprise cut would be Cobra Kai. He's been solid on FG's, but the new kid hasn't been bad, and has a stronger kickoff leg.

Archived