Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor A Football Life Air Date 26 September

Hail Em Up

One thing I will always remember is the reaction of the other fans around the league -- NFC East fans, especially Cowboy fans, were nearly as devastated as Redskins fans for a bit.  I still remember going to a Cowboys forum and for one day they'd changed their colors to burgundy & gold with a Sean Taylor banner. 

I wish I could get the NFL network for just one evening so I could watch this... I have a friend that's going to record it so I guess I will have to watch it in his time..LOL...I miss having the NFL network ..can't afford it right now tho..bummer...I miss ST in that backfield so much! What a great player...Joe Gibbs was right..."some people are born to play football..Sean was one of them"

I watched the trailer last night and it brought tears to my eyes. I am not sure how I will survive Friday night as it brought up a lot of memories. 

Blew my world.  And that game against Buffalo, those towels, missing man formation, that was rougher than any funeral I've ever been to.

Gonna need to watch this on my own, because those of us who knew that he was something amazing before November 26, 2007 (he was shot that day, died early the next) just feel something that those who didn't never will.

Blew my world.  And that game against Buffalo, those towels, missing man formation, that was rougher than any funeral I've ever been to.

Gonna need to watch this on my own, because those of us who knew that he was something amazing before November 26, 2007 (he was shot that day, died early the next) just feel something that those who didn't never will.

I still have a bag of candles from the vigil.  That was the hardest event I have ever been asked to handle.  A few of us still say that picking up all of the mementos left at the tree at Redskins Park for ST's family was even harder than the vigil.  Seeing drawings and notes from kids- gut wrenching. 

Also the main thing that I can't seem to forget no matter how hard I try from that day is when Chief called and he was just balling on the phone.  I almost threw my hands up and said I can't do this.  I called my mom and she set me straight and she was calling counselors and non denominational pastors in VA from SC to help get us people who could handle this situation and give kids, Chief etc the words they needed to hear when I couldn't even process my own thoughts and feelings.

I know I will not be able to watch this without tears. I still remember that day. I was in college, I pretty much spent the whole day watching NFL network hoping for updates. Before I went to bed, I and heard he squezzed a nurses hand. I went to bed with hope. I remember waking up to my phone blowing up with texts. Saying he is gone. I felt I like I lost a fmaily member that day. I plan on putting on my Talyor Jersey for the show. I normally only wear Jerseys on game days.

I still have a bag of candles from the vigil.  That was the hardest event I have ever been asked to handle.  A few of us still say that picking up all of the mementos left at the tree at Redskins Park for ST's family was even harder than the vigil.  Seeing drawings and notes from kids- gut wrenching. 

Also the main thing that I can't seem to forget no matter how hard I try from that day is when Chief called and he was just balling on the phone.  I almost threw my hands up and said I can't do this.  I called my mom and she set me straight and she was calling counselors and non denominational pastors in VA from SC to help get us people who could handle this situation and give kids, Chief etc the words they needed to hear when I couldn't even process my own thoughts and feelings.

I didn't realize that was you guys picking up all of those things for him and organizing the vigil.  I can't put into a simple message board post how powerful it was to see all of those pictures and how much it helped.  Thank you for that.  God, I couldn't even make the drive from Columbia down there.  Hell, I couldn't even get out of my driveway.  Just too emotional.  I can't imagine talking to Zee after that; that's just a terribly difficult position to be in.

I wish that I would have known about the need for counselors; that's one of the only ways that I could've helped.  God forbid anything like this happens again to our Redskins family, but please PM me if the need ever arises.  As you saw yourself, even those busy saving everyone else need saving, and none of us are immune to such a loss.  I'm in Delaware, but I'll make the trip in a heartbeat.

I know I will not be able to watch this without tears. I still remember that day. I was in college, I pretty much spent the whole day watching NFL network hoping for updates. Before I went to bed, I and heard he squezzed a nurses hand. I went to bed with hope. I remember waking up to my phone blowing up with texts. Saying he is gone. I felt I like I lost a fmaily member that day. I plan on putting on my Talyor Jersey for the show. I normally only wear Jerseys on game days.

Yeah, hearing about him squeezing the nurse's hand was such false hope.  I didn't take my jersey off for a week straight except to shower.

I didn't realize that was you guys picking up all of those things for him and organizing the vigil.  I can't put into a simple message board post how powerful it was to see all of those pictures and how much it helped.  Thank you for that.  God, I couldn't even make the drive from Columbia down there.  Hell, I couldn't even get out of my driveway.  Just too emotional.  I can't imagine talking to Zee after that; that's just a terribly difficult position to be in.

I wish that I would have known about the need for counselors; that's one of the only ways that I could've helped.  God forbid anything like this happens again to our Redskins family, but please PM me if the need ever arises.  As you saw yourself, even those busy saving everyone else need saving, and none of us are immune to such a loss.  I'm in Delaware, but I'll make the trip in a heartbeat.

Yeah, hearing about him squeezing the nurse's hand was such false hope.  I didn't take my jersey off for a week straight except to shower.

Thank you!  I did not know how much it was needed until Zee called.  I could not even handle him how was I going to find words for everyone so my mom brought it up and helped find the right people.  They were amazing, gave hugs when needed, talked when needed, and just helped those around them young and old. 

Also our local Giant was delivering candles as needed.  All I had to do was text I need more and they brought them to us so everyone had a candle to light.  Ted and Amy were running errands buying all the black ribbon they could and everyone just came together.  We all needed each other. It was heartbreaking.

To this day my PFUFA jersey is "21" and that will never change.  Most people put the year they were inducted and thankfully I was inducted in 2012 so 21 is 12 backwards. 

Taping fingers is pretty common, it's to prevent them from breaking / bending backwards. Some guys tape them together to improve their grip.

Check out 1:16 of the video posted on page 2 of this thread. Each section of each finger has its own strip of tape. The only 2 possibilities I can think of for that are maybe for grip (arent gloves a better option?) and to look awesome. Maybe that will get answered in the Football Life episode though?

Archived