Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Theismann Has to Go

mmecca

Joe knows a lot...and even I don't need or want to hear all about it, but he's OUR DUDE.  He didn't go back to loving whoever was his favorite team as a kid, he stayed a Redskin. (I admit, I have no idea who his favorite childhood team was.) 

And calling other games in years past, he'd always sneak in a "when I was on the Washington Redskins team, we...." every chance he got. 

And for years, that was one of the only positives...knowing that a recollection of our glory days would be broadcast when we were struggling to win two in a row.

Hail!

Joey T may be an arrogant, self serving, loud mouth SOB, but, HE is OUR arrogant,self servin loud mouth SOB.

When he played, he played all out in your face football. He was our Pete Rose (without that gambling thing). He announces the game like he played the game, IMHO. Whats not to like about that?

So I say, HAIL yea to Joey T. HAIL yea................

Joey T may be an arrogant, self serving, loud mouth SOB, but, HE is OUR arrogant,self servin loud mouth SOB.

When he played, he played all out in your face football. He was our Pete Rose (without that gambling thing). He announces the game like he played the game, IMHO. Whats not to like about that?

So I say, HAIL yea to Joey T. HAIL yea................

All I can think to add is another HAIL. He gave everything on the field, even to the bitter end. If that isn't worthy of our praise, what is?

You should come out to SD and listen to Billy Ray Smith do color commentary with Dan Fouts, he's as articulate as a sloth under anesthesia. Gimmie Joe T. anyday..

Ron Wolfley for the Cards. Horrible with a capital "H". His voice is better for a WWE event. And everyone on Arizona is the best.

Joe T did not last to long on the nfl network. Being a redskin fan I love him. Joe is perfect for the pre season. He is also perfect to be the poster boy for concussions and memory loss. When your in the pre season and you say the skins are running the ball effectively just like they have all year. It kind of makes me feel sorry for him. The dude bleeds burgundy and gold and you cant ask for much more out of the college hall of famer.

I disagree with those who don't like him, but we all have opinions, so here's mine:  He wasn't hired because of his accuracy with names (and we all know how easy it is to forget people's names) or downs or other such things, so if that annoys you, you are better off not listening to him.  I also understand how people get irritated with him because he has such a knack for stating the obvious.  I'm okay with that.

What I like about him is how he can explain things and how he draws from his experience as a player.  For example, during the game last week, it was brought up that Belichick had been in the NFL for 40 years, and Theismann said that he (Belichick) was the defensive coordinator for the Giants when he (Theismann) played for the Redskins and how Belichick will take what you're good at and make sure you aren't able to use it against them.  I also thought his tribute to the military was exemplary.

Now, one who I can't stand listening to (and don't):  Larry Michael.  He sounds like he's got saliva dripping off the corners of his mouth every time he talks.  Why didn't DS ever want to hire Frank Herzog?

I just mute the TV and put on Cooley, Sonny, and Larry and sync up the radio broadcast with the TV.  It is much more enjoyable listening to Cooley and Sonny homer it up the whole game.

How do you sync up the radio broadcast with the TV?

Joe is fine for pre-season, but I couldn't take an entire season of it. Some of his patter is cringe-worthy and he seems to have a habit of always harking back to the good ole days.

Joe is fine for pre-season, but I couldn't take an entire season of it. Some of his patter is cringe-worthy and he seems to have a habit of always harking back to the good ole days.

I have heard if you have dvr it is easy. pause the game for ten seconds turn the radio on and you should be synced.

Couldn't stand Joe when he was calling games on ESPN.  Actually the whole booth was bad.  I like Mike Patrick doing college basketball, but didn't like him calling football games.  Paul Maguire was terrible.  As for calling pre-season games, Joe isn't bad.  It's more difficult then regular season games because you have to add a lot of filler when it's late in the game and you have a bunch of 3rd and 4th string guys playing who are going to be unemployed in a few weeks.   

Eh, I don't mind Joe T.  I mean, my tune may change if he broadcast all Skins games, but we get him for like 4 pre-season games, and that's it.  He doesn't bother me for that role at all.  Again, if we had him weekly for like 16 more games, I may find him a little irritating, but for the pre-season, it's a-ok for me.

Skinsfan1311

I listen to the radio broadcast on the computer and there is a pause button on the media player that streams the broadcast so if you pause the broadcast  you can get that and the TV sync'd up together pretty easily if you have DVR.  There is like a 10 second delay between the two but easy to fix.  I only had to do it once and they stayed in sync with each other the entire game.

I like Joe. He exudes confidence. But I think he also has some of the worst manners and that's what drives me nuts listening to him. The Pats game was indeed hard to listen to. If he interrupted me like that all the time...mumbles something under breath about "getting your shine box"...

I have no problem with Joe being a homer and being on broadcasts, he is coherent and knows what he is talking about, a few mistakes here and there aside.

Sonny and Sam have been the problem and dragging down game day broadcasts for about 15 years, incoherently rambling along like your two grandpas trying to retell a high school story they both barely remember happening differently.

Only one more to go.

I feel like they need to have Chris Cooley be a color commentator, he has personality and has a good voice.

Joey T has a good personality too but the problem is his voice is annoying. lol

I'd like a Cooley, Larry and Joe booth. I know everybody hates Larry but I think he is solid as a play by at guy and I think Cooley and Joe would be a good combo of insight/knowledge mixed with humor and personality. It would be a breath of fresh air. If I had to choose though it would definitely be Cooley.

I have no problem with Joe being a homer and being on broadcasts, he is coherent and knows what he is talking about, a few mistakes here and there aside.

Sonny and Sam have been the problem and dragging down game day broadcasts for about 15 years, incoherently rambling along like your two grandpas trying to retell a high school story they both barely remember happening differently.

Only one more to go.

I'd like a Cooley, Larry and Joe booth. I know everybody hates Larry but I think he is solid as a play by at guy and I think Cooley and Joe would be a good combo of insight/knowledge mixed with humor and personality. It would be a breath of fresh air. If I had to choose though it would definitely be Cooley.

I agree with just about nothing in your post.

Except I like Cooley in the booth.

He's like that person who is bad at what they do, but they're really passionate, upbeat, and enthusiastic so you feel bad saying "hey, this person just isn't really that good at what they do..."

Sometimes he says things and its the 4th quarter of a pre-season game, I shouldn't care what is being said but I uncontrollably shout at the television "jesus christ Joe, shut the **** up already!"

Archived