Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Theismann Has to Go

mmecca

I do Love Joey T but enough is enough, I know its just Preseason Games, but he makes me wish for Troy when he broadcasts.  I don't know what anyone else thinks, Joe is passionate about the skins and everything, but I had to mute the game yesterday. The dude does not stop talking at any point, was praying he would choke on Papa Johns pizza and have to leave. I know its a little harsh, but I just find him unlistenable, no one can get a word in.

I just listen to music anyway. None of them are enjoyable. They just ramble and ramble.

If you're not going to be enjoyable, at least be entertaining like John and Pat were. I miss them together.

Madden would come up with something absurd and Pats drunk self would mutter something defeated like "it sure is John, sigh". Comedy gold.

At least Joey T doesn't seem to take himself to seriously. Get Riggins, Cooley and him all together in the booth. I bet that's fun.

Oh shush.  Joey T. is one of us and bleeds B&G.  He's fine.

The camera work was lousy and Ken Harvey really was a poor sideline guy, but Theismann held up his part of the job.  His job is to yack and not leave much dead air, stay upbeat, and keep people tuned in during the blowout of a fourth quarter preseason game.

I stayed.

Nothing wrong with a homer.

I have a lot of respect for the guy that helped deliver our first Super Bowl title.and I like Joe for preseason games. It's like a right of passage to the regular season. Every time he's on, there is at least one moment (usually more) where what he says is so odd I have to rewind to make sure I heard it right. I find it entertaining. It helps me get my bull**** detector in shape for the regular season too. I can deal with his blathering, supplemented by some knowledge. He is supposed to be a color guy right, not a play-by play guy? .

I guess I'm alone.  I like Thiesmann.  What was unbearable to me were the Patriot announcers on the game I watched last night.  Those guys were morons.

I also had to listen to the Patriot announcers from not being on TV.  They really didn't have a clue about anything other than relating to the Patriots.  "Santana Moss with the catch"  as Roy Helu comes barreling down.

It's a CSN preseason telecast. What did you honestly expect... Madden and Sumerall?

I watched the same telecast and didn't think much of it. I'm there to watch the players for the most part, anyway.

yes, even if I'm flipping back and forth between 8 games. I want pat and John at all of them.

I guess I'm alone.  I like Thiesmann.  What was unbearable to me were the Patriot announcers on the game I watched last night.  Those guys were morons.

For real.  Theismann is a legend compared to them.  It would be 3rd and 7 and they'd "Call it 3rd & 5", thought Roy Helu was Santana Moss, thought a penalty on the Redskins was on the Patriots, didn't know which team had the ball, and on and on....it was terrible.  They made Dick Stockton look competent.  And that's really hard to do.  I mean REEEEALLLY hard. 

I wish I had the option of listening to Joe T.  I had  to listen to the Pats broadcast and it was awful.  They even reassured the viewers that the Pats dominated the mixed practice at camp and to ignore the actual game.  They had no idea when it came to comments on Redskin plays.

This. And honestly, he wasn't even that bad. People just like to complain about every thing. But it's all good because they have a right to do it. 

Yeah. And I'm sure if it was a Fox Sunday game they would've been more serious. Nobody gives an eff in the booth during preseason, lol. 

i was stuck with the pats announcers..  i recall one time in particular where we had a 3d and 1.  ball was snapped we picked it up, but they said something to the effect..

announcer 1: did they get it

announcer 2: nope

announcer 2 was referring to the pats stopping the advance...  i was like wtf (facepalm)

I also had to listen to the Patriot announcers from not being on TV.  They really didn't have a clue about anything other than relating to the Patriots.  "Santana Moss with the catch"  as Roy Helu comes barreling down.

rofl...I know.  I constantly had to check jersey numbers to know who actually made the play.  They pretty much butchered every name on the Redskins haha.  It was almost like the network got two Patriot bandwagon fans with no depth in football knowledge to call the game. 

Archived