Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Theismann Has to Go

mmecca

I do Love Joey T but enough is enough, I know its just Preseason Games, but he makes me wish for Troy when he broadcasts.  I don't know what anyone else thinks, Joe is passionate about the skins and everything, but I had to mute the game yesterday. The dude does not stop talking at any point, was praying he would choke on Papa Johns pizza and have to leave. I know its a little harsh, but I just find him unlistenable, no one can get a word in.

You should come out to SD and listen to Billy Ray Smith do color commentary with Dan Fouts, he's as articulate as a sloth under anesthesia. Gimmie Joe T. anyday..

I became a Redskins fan before Joe T. was even struggling to make it on the team as a backup QB slash punt returner.

I am watching the NFL Network replay right now. I don't find Joe to be that annoying.

Joe is ok. But it's inexcusable to say Silas "Reed". I cringed.

Now Ken Harvey. Can someone tell me how this guy is employed? Probably the worst sideline reporter I've ever heard.

Yeah, I don't really get the hate for Joey T either.  For a meaningless preseason game, his commentary works just fine.  Most of it gets tuned out anyways.

Yeah, I think the reason so many think Thiesmann "goes on and on" is because the Redskins are one of the few preseason set-ups that have a two-man crew. Most other preseason booths had three-man crews. There is no one else to talk except the play-by-play man.

If Thiesmann didn't say a whole lot, many of the same people would be wondering why there was so much dead air during the game. :)

I also had to listen to the Patriot announcers from not being on TV. They really didn't have a clue about anything other than relating to the Patriots. "Santana Moss with the catch" as Roy Helu comes barreling down.

Me too. It really sounded like there was only 1 team on the field. And they were unprepared and lacked knowledge.

Give me Joe T. any day over them .

I love listening to Joey T. His homerisms and knowledge of the game keep me engaged to what he's saying. He sticks his foot in his mouth sometimes, but just about every broadcaster (except the best) do it, so I don't mind. The color guy is supposed to bring color. Joey T brings A LOT of color...

How about care little for the jackass?

Theismann is one of the most nauseating guys out there. His thoughts are generally garnered from whatever bozo he had lunch with. He is the preverbal flake and then some. He puts himself as up as this great Redskins QB down to being the first to win the big one, when in truth he was just an average player but a heck of a leader of men. (And let's not get into another debate on that guys of we'll be here forever as per when this thread crops up.).

I have the utmost respect for Joe for the dedication he gave and what he was a part of as a player for this franchise.

I have little to no time whatsoever for Joe in his post playing career.

Hail.

I'll assume you were just rooting for his backup, per usual. Oh wait, you made a bold statement, against a redskins great and then said don't talk about it. My bad.

Ill let you get back to your nonfootball related banter, but isn't nauseating a little dramatic? He's there with someone who barely says a word and has to keep conversation alive for 3 hours.

I don't understand why people listen to the TV, if it drives you so crazy. Mute it and listen to the radio broadcast online or music.

Yes lets get rid of a guy who loves the Skins in JOEY T. Why not just have Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin do our games. We don't want anyone who would possibly give this team any credit or anything!!!! Its Preseason right. As Allen Iverson would say, We talking bout practice

Yes lets get rid of a guy who loves the Skins in JOEY T. Why not just have Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin do our games. We don't want anyone who would possibly give this team any credit or anything!!!! Its Preseason right. As Allen Iverson would say, We talking bout practice

Agreed.

And for the record I actually like Joes analysis

I'll assume you were just rooting for his backup, per usual. Oh wait, you made a bold statement, against a redskins great and then said don't talk about it. My bad.

Ill let you get back to your nonfootball related banter, but isn't nauseating a little dramatic? He's there with someone who barely says a word and has to keep conversation alive for 3 hours.

I don't understand why people listen to the TV, if it drives you so crazy. Mute it and listen to the radio broadcast online or music.

I was referring to Joe in general.

I was working through the Pats game so what happened or didn't Thursday is of no consequence to me. I personally find him (yes) nauseating the majority of times he opens his mouth on anything. One of the flakiest, flip floppy guys out there.

Feel free to debate whether he was a 'great' or not all you like. I only suggested not to as I!ve personnaly had the debate countless times on here and it invariably ends up heated and taking up lots of pages.

Or we could talk about your misguided assumptions on folk if you like?

Or just leave it be that we share wholly different feelings on this. Shrugs.

Hail.

Oh shush.  Joey T. is one of us and bleeds B&G.  He's fine.

The camera work was lousy and Ken Harvey really was a poor sideline guy, but Theismann held up his part of the job.  His job is to yack and not leave much dead air, stay upbeat, and keep people tuned in during the blowout of a fourth quarter preseason game.

I stayed.

Nothing wrong with a homer.

Very well said! Although he can ramble a lot and really hit nerves at times, he stands his ground in the midst of other networks who literally laugh at and even bet against the Redskins chances to make the Playoffs. It's only preseason so let him Ramble on about our beloved Redskins, at least we all know Joey T is definitely for us and not against us, that alone is worthy of calling a Redskins game.

Nothing is worse then listening to Moose Johnson in Preseason, he comes right out and calls the Redskins dirty and cheaters, as he did in last years preseason game against the Ravens. If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black then nothing is. Coming strait from a team that the owner would sleep with a Ref just to get penalties called his way. Moose is literally sickening to listen to.

Y'all know what nauseating and sickening (and literally) mean right?

You're saying your body can not control its stomach and most likely have a small trash can next to you. Listening to someone who's job it is, to ramble on about football, that you chose to listen to, forces your body to vomit. That is literally, not figuratively what you're saying.

Oh da draaama.

Moose is literally sickening to listen to.

I really wish FOX would do their best to keep him away from broadcasting our games. Him and Randy Cross. Before the games start I just sit there and wonder what crap they'll be saying about the Redskins this time. And they never fail.

I don't need to hear a homer broadcasting, but those 2 are always ridiculously over the line. Reminds me of Dierdorf. It's like OK, we get it guys... enough.

I'll take Joey T... even when I'm confused about him delivering a pizza to his next door neighbors (???)

I was at the game, so I re watched part of it today.

Honestly, I didn't mind Joe at all.

And having listened to a couple other pre season announcing teams, I think Joe was probably the best out there.

I really liked the old Sunday night crew on ESPN with Joe, Mike Patrick and somebody who I can't remember. That was a good booth with good chemistry.

Man what id of done to get the skins commentary.

i sat up into the early hours of the morning here,and i had the joke duo from NE.

i searched everywhere,and all i could come up with was streams with them two jokers.

so give me #7 over that again please.

Oh shush.  Joey T. is one of us and bleeds B&G.  He's fine.

The camera work was lousy and Ken Harvey really was a poor sideline guy, but Theismann held up his part of the job.  His job is to yack and not leave much dead air, stay upbeat, and keep people tuned in during the blowout of a fourth quarter preseason game.

I stayed.

Nothing wrong with a homer.

And you're not going to find anyone better to do daggum preseason games.   ;)  This is a guy with years of ESPN SNF booth experience, for heaven's sake, and he's one of the best QBs to wear the maroon and black.  Enjoy what we've got, or watch the games the NFL Network is showing -- or buy the Preseason Live package -- and compare to some of the other horrible local broadcasts.  It's hard to pull in good talent for a four game assignment.

I think those who don't like JoeyT will shaddup pretty quickly if they take a look at what most other teams are dealing with on their preseason broadcasts.  National talent for a local preseason game?  He's really pretty good.

rofl...I know.  I constantly had to check jersey numbers to know who actually made the play.  They pretty much butchered every name on the Redskins haha.  It was almost like the network got two Patriot bandwagon fans with no depth in football knowledge to call the game. 

The NE announcers,even if they weren't very good, really seemed to enjoy their visit to the DC area. They talked about how all the great monuments and buildings in the city are a great source of pride. One even mentioned that he kind of got choked up. They can't be all bad.

he's one of the best QBs to wear the maroon and black.

hopefully he wore that after being on the football field...

The NE announcers  ..... really seemed to enjoy their visit to the DC area. They talked about how all the great monuments and buildings in the city are a great source of pride. One even mentioned that he kind of got choked up. They can't be all bad.

not sure i know anyone that hasn't enjoyed being in our nation's capital for sightseeing...   but as far as announcers go, they were horrible....   gimme Joey T any day compared to them...

Archived