Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Of course. I'm just guessing at this point based on the names thrown around. Hence why I said nothing will be done probably until December. Sure, there's always a chance.

My bad, I just read more into your post than I should. 

Like I said, I enjoy your posts here.  All good.

• Like 1

I dont expect recruiting to take hit w/Edsall out. Now, Locks can recruit hard & make strong case for the next HC why he should stay @ UMD

With Locksley the interim HC, I like Dematha WR @Showout_KT12 to get an offer very soon. Big-time playmaker who can stretch field #Terps

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Gametime-Set-for-Maryland-Penn-State-40192851

Gametime Set for Maryland-Penn State

The Mike Locksley era will get underway two weekends from now against Penn State, which has been announced as a 3:30 p.m. start at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore.

With a bye scheduled this week, Maryland (2-4) will have extra time to prepare for the Nittany Lions (5-1), who face No. 1 Ohio State in Columbus this upcoming weekend.

It'll be the first time this season the Terps haven't played at noon. Two weeks ago, Maryland was scheduled to play Michigan in primetime before Hurricane Joaquin forced the game to be moved up.

The game will either be shown on ESPN, ESPN2 or ABC. That decision isn't expected to be announced until Sunday morning.

There are plenty of coaches on there that definitely should not even be contacted, much less hired. But as far as the big names, I don't want to see Kiffin or Schiano anywhere near College Park.

Schiano would be too much like Edsall, and if he prefers a different type of player, then it would mean losing a bunch of players and recruits and going through that whole mess again.

I don't know how Kiffin would do as a coach at MD, but I suspect that as soon as a big job opens (say Spurrier retires at South Carolina), he will be gone. This guy is always looking for the next job. Even when he doesn't succeed, he will just jump at the next job before anyone finds out he can't coach.

The other thing I wonder is what they told Locksley about the chance of keeping the job. If they do bring in some other head coach, would he be willing to stay on as an assistant. He clearly is a great recruiter, especially in the DMV.

Click to read the rest

http://maryland.247sports.com/Board/67/Contents/Maryland-President-Wallace-Loh-Were-in-the-Big-Leagues-Now-40207220

Maryland President Wallace Loh: "We're in the Big Leagues Now"

Maryland athletic director Kevin Anderson spoke to reporters already about what he wants in the Terps’ next football -- “an exciting, wide open offense” -- and now president Wallace Loh has given his take on the direction of the program.

“The choice of the next coach is going to be absolutely critical,” Loh said in a meeting with The Baltimore Sun’s editorial board.“The question becomes, what kind of coach do we want? I think [Anderson] said a coach that plays an exciting brand of football -- wide open, that has the personality to relate to the kids, the personality to project himself well (to boosters, media) … You have to have an outsized personality here. It’s not just knowing the X’s and O’s.

“That’s why you have the Jim Harbaugh’s and Urban Meyer’s,” Loh said, referring to two of the biggest names on coaching, who the Terps have to face on a year-to-year basis.

“We’re in the big leagues now. It’s about football; the Big Ten is not about basketball,” Loh continued. “We have significant new revenue stemming in and we’re going to have an indoor facility … We can have a decrepit Byrd Stadium -- you only use Byrd Stadium five times a year or so -- [but] those kids use an indoor facility every single day. What draws them here in the indoor facility, not Byrd Stadium. With the Big Ten Network and that exposure, and of course the connection to Under Armour, I would say that this is one of the most attractive jobs in the country for somebody that’s ambitious and willing to take risks.”

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Four-Terps-Crack-CBSSportscoms-Top-100-CBB-Player-List-40196807

Four Terps Crack CBSSports.com's Top-100 CBB Player List

Maryland has four players listed among the top-101 college basketball players in the country, according to a list by CBSSports.com.

Topping the list is sophomore point guard Melo Trimble (No. 7). Senior forward Jake Layman cracks the top-50 at No. 49, while both freshman center Diamond Stone (No. 80) and senior shooting guard Rasheed Sulaimon (No. 97) also make the cut.

The Terps are one of just five schools to have four players on the list. Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky and Kansas -- who barely made the cut with Svi Mykhailiuk at No. 101 -- are the others.

Missing from the list? Robert Carter Jr., who could end up being the second best player on the team this season if he lives up to expectations.

Elsewhere in the Big Ten, Indiana has three players listed, while Michigan State and Purdue each have two.

I know the football coach discussion dominates at this time, but I'm so giddy about this upcoming basketball season that I wish it would start today.

Many people don't realize, with the way the Redskins dominate the local (and NFL the national) media, that the DC area has historically been a basketball town. Red Auerbach was once quoted: "Give me DC, and I'll give you the rest of the country, and I'll beat you 9 times out of 10."

• Like 2

Actually my experience was growing up in MD schools and playing hockey.  My high school "had a team" except they didn't.  We wore the high school jerseys, but we were just a club team with no real affiliation with the school.  I then went to UMD with no affiliated school.  I have played with UMD hockey players for years.  Why you try and sell them as a UMD program is a head scratcher.  They aren't.  Maybe it's because your son plays for them?  It's a club program.  A glorified adult league.  You understand this right?  I know you know this if your son plays in the league.

*edit* Just checked, yep they aren't a school sponsored sport.  BTW, it is a sore spot for me since I wasn't an official high school or collegiate hockey player.  We were club.

You don't have any idea what you are talking about.

My son played High School Ice Hockey for his team, in the  Maryland Scholastic Hockey League (MSHL), a real league.

Now he plays for Maryland in the American Collegiate Hockey Association (ACHA), a real league - not glorified men's league.

Sorry you didn't play at a time or school with a real team, but don't assume you know about the current state.  They are sponsored by UMD, have actual UMD uniforms, play other schools, etc.

As for results, this past weekend was a split.  Lost first game to UMBC in a good game.  Came back to beat West Chester on Saturday.

Next Saturday, they play Virginia Tech (yes, the school, not men's league team  :lol: ) in Roanoke. Go Terps!!! 

You don't have any idea what you are talking about.

My son played High School Ice Hockey for his team, in the  Maryland Scholastic Hockey League (MSHL), a real league.

Now he plays for Maryland in the American Collegiate Hockey Association (ACHA), a real league - not glorified men's league.

You kind of miss the ENTIRE point.  I played for real teams and real leagues.  I didn't play for my high school sponsored team or my college sponsored team.  Neither does your son.  Rewind to my original point about the Terps in the BIG Hockey.

Yes your son plays for a team that wheres a Maryland school logo.  Congrats.

The Terps don't have a BIG Hockey Team.

Oh and just checked, yes the Hokies are a CLUB team.  You don't know what you are talking about.  Apparently you don't understand the difference between a college sport and a college club team.

Oh and some of your boys do play at Piney.

Edited by chipwhich

Mike Locksley on Big Ten conference call calls the last 48 hours a "whirlwind". Wants to make some tweaks and encourage team to "have fun".

Locksley said the role he's in "is like the substitute school teacher."

Locksley will delegate some of the play-calling to tight end coach John Dunn, but said he'll remain primary play-caller.

Mike Locksley on bye week: "We're using this time to kind of go through and self-evaluate." Also said coaches are out recruiting right now.

Spoke with @Coachlocks today.. clearly #Terps red in his blood.. wants the job but no matter what, Maryland needs to keep him! #TerpsTalk..

More from @Coachlocks - "I'm 10 yrs in.. grew up in shadows.. my loyalty is to Maryland".. #Terps lucky to have him.. #TerpsTalk..

Also, @Coachlocks was part of recruiting when #Terps went from Vandy to Fridge.. at UF from Zook to Urban.. knows how to do it.. #TerpsTalk