Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

That was such a punk ass move and made me ashamed to be a MD alumn. Amazing how so many Terps fans thought it was badass or whatever.

I'm one of those Terps fans who wasn't ashamed. Not a bit.

All the smack Franklin talked about Maryland, glad we didn't shake their hands. 

I'm just pissed we have to actually shake hands this year.

They don't and have NEVER respected Maryland.

Glad we didn't pretend.

Honestly, I had no opinion of PSU one way or another before we joined the B1G but that changed big time.

They are arguably the most arrogant fanbase I've ever encountered...and it's amazing considering they haven't done squat in years.

Other fanbases around the B1G refer to them as "the Cult" and it's a well-earned moniker.

They feel that the "evil NCAA" persecuted them and "St Joe" is a hero....

Yeah, not a fan of those guys for a number of reasons.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'm one of those Terps fans who wasn't ashamed. Not a bit.

All the smack Franklin talked about Maryland, glad we didn't shake their hands.

I'm just pissed we have to actually shake hands this year.

They don't and have NEVER respected Maryland.

Glad we didn't pretend.

Honestly, I had no opinion of PSU one way or another before we joined the B1G but that changed big time.

They are arguably the most arrogant fanbase I've ever encountered...and it's amazing considering they haven't done squat in years.

Other fanbases around the B1G refer to them as "the Cult" and it's a well-earned moniker.

They feel that the "evil NCAA" persecuted them and "St Joe" is a hero....

Yeah, not a fan of those guys for a number of reasons.

Plus, didn't they also walk through the MD side of the field while they were stretching, talking trash, then starting a fight? It's not like that was unwarranted.

• Like 1

I can't lie. Hackenberg has a huge arm.

I don't think he's a great QB but the physical tools are undeniable.

Sounds like Ryan Mallett LOL. 

Thought UMD had a good chance to win yesterday....going into next year, they have to get the QB situation under control.  I like Hills, but he's a terrible QB.  Call me crazy, but as physical as he is, and as athletic as he is, I'd be curious if he'd be open to a position switch to WR (like Braxton Miller)?  I think he'd have a realistic chance at playing on the next level if he considered it. 

Sounds like Ryan Mallett LOL. 

Thought UMD had a good chance to win yesterday....going into next year, they have to get the QB situation under control.  I like Hills, but he's a terrible QB.  Call me crazy, but as physical as he is, and as athletic as he is, I'd be curious if he'd be open to a position switch to WR (like Braxton Miller)?  I think he'd have a realistic chance at playing on the next level if he considered it. 

There's no doubt in my mind that Dwayne Haskins is your starting QB from Day One.

Close game, loved the new energy. Bright future ahead with coach Locks #TheMovement 1f422.png

CSHvdNhUwAA0_qj.jpg

If the team responds well to Locksley, what's the % that the interim label is lifted and he's the man going forward? 

I think it's low because of name recognition, but on the other hand... he's gotten so much love for his ability to recruit. Underarmour probably gets a veto/deciding vote.

Edited by Burgold

Played a lot better. Close game. Should've beat them. Like others said, get a competent QB and we beat them. Season is lost, but we can continue to make strides.

Gotta have one every other year or so as a recruiting tool. If you wanna get the best in state players, gotta keep B'more relevant.

Yeah, but I just hate giving home games away. Baltimore doesn't feel like a home game.

• Like 1

I can't lie. Hackenberg has a huge arm.

I don't think he's a great QB but the physical tools are undeniable.

This is what frustrates us on the PSU side.  He was at his best his freshman year and hasn't improved since.  Yesterday was a breath of fresh air because they let him throw deep.  For most of the season, that cannon arm has been forced to throw 90% quick slants and bubble screens.  It's maddening to watch.  Yesterday was the first time all season they let him chuck the ball.

His biggest issue is accuracy at this point.  He's got the arm, he knows how to make progressions, can make all the throws, can move a bit in the pocket, but the accuracy is his Achilles heel right now.  If he had that (and a better Offensive Coordinator) he'd be a lock top-10 pick next draft.  Now I'm not so sure.

For what it's worth, while I was actively rooting against him at all times, I enjoyed watching Will Likely.

• Like 1