Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Click to read the rest

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Derwin-Gray-Set-to-Make-First-Career-Start-vs-Wisconsin-40757564

Derwin Gray Set to Make First Career Start vs Wisconsin

Redshirt freshman tackle Derwin Gray was given an audition on Saturday against Iowa, and apparently he passed.

The former four-star recruit, who was regarded as the top player in the District while at Friendship Academy, saw about 25 snaps of action over the weekend -- the biggest workload of his young career -- and didn't miss any assignments, according to interim coach Mike Locksley. When Maryland's latest depth chart came out on Monday, the 6-foot-5, 328 pounder was listed as the starting right tackle for the first time.

Gray is listed above another highly-touted redshirt freshman, Damian Prince, who missed the game against the Hawkeyes due to an ankle injury. The offensive line was shuffled because of his absence, causing senior Ryan Doyle to move over from left guard to tackle, and guards Maurice Shelton and Brendan Moore to split time filling Doyle's void. But Locksley, who wants to get as many deserving players on the field as possible, also got Gray into the mix by moving Doyle back to left guard at times. Gray didn't allow a sack while at right tackle.

Locksley sounded confident Prince would be ready to go at practice by Tuesday. But with him now listed as a backup, other lineman have also been moved around. Sophomore Jajuan Dulaney is now Michael Dunn's backup at left tackle, replacing Gray, and the trio of Moore, Shelton and Stephen Grommer all played musical chairs and moved into different positions on the interior. Grommer moved from left guard to center, Moore from center to right guard and Shelton from right guard to left guard. Each remain backups behind Doyle, Evan Mulrooney and Andrew Zeller.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Dang. Basketball is gonna be fun for Terp fans! Brenda has transformed that program back to the pinnacle of the sport, where they stood for years (along with Tenn. and ODU) in the 70's.

Have an affinity for the girls as my daughter played, and won a NC 4A state championship a couple years ago. One of her close friends is still a HS junior, and a top recruit. I keep pushing the Terps, but she says if Stanford offers, she's going west. Can't really blame her.

Just found out that my daughter's old high school team (2-time defending NC 4A champs), and this girl I'm talking about, will be playing in the Title IX High School holiday tournament at the Armory, starting Dec. 28. They are in the Patsy Mink bracket, Myers Park HS from Charlotte. The girl I mention above, her name is McKenna Haire. She made it to the final 80 for this year's USA U-16 team tryouts.

If any of y'all like great HS basketball, girls style, this should be a lot of fun.

• Like 1

Hey Maryland fans: potential Terps coaching target Matt Campbell & No. 24 Toledo are leading by 2 pts in some late night #MACtion on ESPN2

Toledo's loss tonight could be good for Maryland. Campbell would be pretty popular this offseason if his team went undefeated.

I know you aren't pushing this, but I just don't see how another small school coach helps this team.  They need a proven D-1 coach to move them forward, IMHO.

Good Counsel vs DeMatha square off at 7pm (Nov 6)

Here's the live feed

http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/dematha-catholic-high-school-hyattsville-md/45af799764

The Terps have 5 commits between the two teams and a number of targets.

Current Commits: DeMatha's Tino Ellis, Lorenzo Harrison, DJ Turner (out for the season)

Good Counsel's Keandre Jones & Travon Stott.

#Terps, Diamond Stone flexed their muscle in a 91-55 exhibition win over SNHU http://maryland.247sports.com/Article/Terps-Diamond-Stone-Flex-Muscle-in-Southern-New-Hampshire-Win-40859683 

Something that would've been confusing to imagine three years ago: Rasheed Sulaimon dunking in College Park and getting a "SHEEEEED" chant.

Maryland's shooting splits as a team: 52% FG ... 42.9% 3ptFG ... 78.6% FT

if you double diamond in the post, you give up the three on kickout. if you don't double diamond in post, he can beat you one-on-one. tough.

Mark Turgeon on Diamond Stone: “Eventually, he’s going to be our starting center. So why not do it now?"

Ugh! Horrible for Wiley.

Diggs chooses Alabama. Stefon should kick his little brothers ass.

Did I tell you how much I hate Perry Hills?

It might not over be over with Trevon.

Scuttlebutt is that he was all set to choose Maryland but decided to secure a spot with Bama just in case Mike Locksley isn't retained at Maryland in some capacity.

Basically, he's covering his bases.