Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

Brighter days are coming.

Trust me.  ;)

Posters in this thread only need to understand one thing.  The only way MD becomes a Football powerhouse is if Under Armors Kevin Plank can pay off enough players and coaches and MD administrators to make MD a clone of what Nike did with Oregon.  Otherwise we are who we have been for decades.

There was another post about Plank giving a coach ownership in UA.  Uhhhh, UA is a publicly traded corporation, the only ownership is in stocks traded on the open market.

Recruits like 1 thing.  TV time, and the Terps TV time sucks!

• Like 1

Felt like so much went wrong for them last night, and they still found a way to win. Hopefully we don't see a 1st half like that again.

The energy was great. Godfather SVP was awesome. If you were being recruited by Maryland and were there and saw a SVP....and a bunch of alumni players/coaches in the house. I bet it was pretty amazing. 

On to the next game.

Oh, and as far as Sulaimon. Must be different to not see kids pass around their chant sheets with clever but not obvious rips on the other team.

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants
  • Like 1

I was hoping for double digits, but a win is a win.

That first half as we all are saying was hustle, but no flow. They couldn't hit a basket, and it was in no way executed properly. They were lucky to get out of that half tied.

Great game, hats off to the Hoya fans, they played a tough game and better defense than I was expecting.

• Like 2

Posters in this thread only need to understand one thing. The only way MD becomes a Football powerhouse is if Under Armors Kevin Plank can pay off enough players and coaches and MD administrators to make MD a clone of what Nike did with Oregon. Otherwise we are who we have been for decades.

There was another post about Plank giving a coach ownership in UA. Uhhhh, UA is a publicly traded corporation, the only ownership is in stocks traded on the open market.

Recruits like 1 thing. TV time, and the Terps TV time sucks!

I'm sure Plank owns enough stock that he could grease some wheels if need be.

Making the Terp program like the Oregon program is EXACTLY the road their on with the $150+ million buildup of the football facilities to make them state of the art...as good or better than the Ducks facility many are saying. THAT gets recruits attention.

Also, I have been able to watch every Terp football game but one early season yukker on TV down here in Charlotte, so I don't know that your television comment has merit.

Finally, the uniforms...All these things are what high school kids are looking at, and this program is beginning to provide. Now, they need to find an innovative, young coach, and keep Locksley on as Recruiting Coordinator, and I believe we'll see a consistent BIG10 contender within 3-4 years.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 2

Felt like so much went wrong for them last night, and they still found a way to win. Hopefully we don't see a 1st half like that again.

The energy was great. Godfather SVP was awesome. If you were being recruited by Maryland and were there and saw a SVP....and a bunch of alumni players/coaches in the house. I bet it was pretty amazing. 

First half nerves maybe? Georgetown gave it their best shot and deserves props. Maryland weathered the storm and made a nice comeback. That's important for a good team to become a GOOD team.

Great Win by My Terps!!! #feartheturtle1f422.png

•  

The General is in the building. #FearTheTurtle @greivisvasquez

CUEPBuvUYAAVW00.jpg

"Everybody is from somewhere. And I'm from Maryland." - Scott Van Pelt is the coolest guy in the world

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

I'm sure Plank owns enough stock that he could grease some wheels if need be.

Making the Terp program like the Oregon program is EXACTLY the road their on with the $150+ million buildup of the football facilities to make them state of the art...as good or better than the Ducks facility many are saying. THAT gets recruits attention.

Also, I have been able to watch every Terp football game but one early season yukker on TV down here in Charlotte, so I don't know that your television comment has merit.

Finally, the uniforms...All these things are what high school kids are looking at, and this program is beginning to provide. Now, they need to find an innovative, young coach, and keep Locksley on as Recruiting Coordinator, and I believe we'll see a consistent BIG10 contender within 3-4 years.

I know what there attempt is.  Kevin Plank always wants to top Nike.  Can it be done in College Park is my question.  As far as TV time goes, if you have B10 Network you can see every game.  If you want a nationally broadcast game, forget about it.  I am a MD grad, I would love the football program to become legit.  We got a long ways to go.  It's a lot more than an innovative coach.  You don't compete week in and week out with less talent in college.

• Like 1

I know what there attempt is. Kevin Plank always wants to top Nike. Can it be done in College Park is my question. As far as TV time goes, if you have B10 Network you can see every game. If you want a nationally broadcast game, forget about it. I am a MD grad, I would love the football program to become legit. We got a long ways to go. It's a lot more than an innovative coach. You don't compete week in and week out with less talent in college.

Granted, talent is an issue. I'm not sure anyone on this year's team see time at the next level. Maybe Likely as a 3rd down/change of pace back, as I think he's not a CB in the NFL.

That said, next year's crop is good, really good, and that is what you build on. New facilities, games on the U, or wherever, cool unis. It all adds up to a desirable spot for high school recruits. Not to mention they play in one of the biggest, most powerful cities in the country.

Don't kid yourself, UMD can definitely become a draw for HS prospects

• Like 2

Posters in this thread only need to understand one thing.  The only way MD becomes a Football powerhouse is if Under Armors Kevin Plank can pay off enough players and coaches and MD administrators to make MD a clone of what Nike did with Oregon.  Otherwise we are who we have been for decades.

It's what the Confederate Conference (SEC) does and damn if it hasn't worked for them big time. We don't have the rep of the SEC or the intangibles of some other schools like USC, but if we can pay coaches and players as much as those guys (and be as effective at hiding it as they are) we could go a long way with their leftovers. You don't have to have a totally stocked roster in the NCAA like the NFL. You can compete, at least in the upper mid-tier with a smattering of really good players if you have very good or great coaching. I'm really hoping we can lure Chip Kelly here after Lurie gives him the heave ho. Prolly a pipe dream, but I can dream, can't I?

That said, next year's crop is good, really good, and that is what you build on. New facilities, games on the U, or wherever, cool unis. It all adds up to a desirable spot for high school recruits. Not to mention they play in one of the biggest, most powerful cities in the country.

They have had cool unis and a good recruiting class.  You gotta be kidding.  It takes more than that.

It's what the Confederate Conference (SEC) does and damn if it hasn't worked for them big time. We don't have the rep of the SEC or the intangibles of some other schools like USC, but if we can pay coaches and players as much as those guys (and be as effective at hiding it as they are) we could go a long way with their leftovers. You don't have to have a totally stocked roster in the NCAA like the NFL. You can compete, at least in the upper mid-tier with a smattering of really good players if you have very good or great coaching. I'm really hoping we can lure Chip Kelly here after Lurie gives him the heave ho. Prolly a pipe dream, but I can dream, can't I?

What SEC team squeaks out 50,000 attendees?  The only stadium in the SEC to not meet MD's standard is Vanderbilt.  I wonder what you posters are drinking.  You can't be serious.

I'll have to say...glad for the win, but...the play was unacceptable as far as I'm concerned. You can't struggle for 35 minutes, at home, against a nobody as the #3 team in the nation. They look like **** right now and they better get their act together, because right now, they don't deserve the #3 ranking. Sorry, that may be harsh, but no way does Duke, Kentucky or Kansas beat Rider by only 7. They'd beat them by 37. You know it and I know it.

Terps D is absolute **** today. Never seen so many missed tackles.

Embarrassing.

Locksley can forget about HC next year after today, Imo, and I've been impressed with how MD has battled since Edsall was fired.

• Like 1