Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Well, We shall see. 

When a coach is dumped, better have a hot **** coach ready to call those guys ASAP and explain what he's going to do.

That's what I think is happening now.

I've noticed many of the recruits are saying things like this: "I committed to the University of Maryland, the school".

Just reading between the lines I think they know change is coming.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Click to read the rest

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Parrish-Turgeon-Not-Apologizing-for-Under-Armour-Influence-39895579/

Parrish: Turgeon Not Apologizing for Under Armour Influence

As Maryland basketball has continued its quick climb back onto the national radar, College Park's become a hot spot for college basketball reporters and the program's Under Armour affiliation has become a frequent conversation topic. CBSSports college basketball columnist Gary Parrish visited recently, and today he expanded on his coverage in a video interview. One of his takeaways: Mark Turgeon isn't shying away from admitting Maryland basketball benefits as the flagship Under Armour-branded college basketball program.

"It's a huge deal, and sometimes coaches try to pretend that they're not in an advantageous position on the recruiting trail because of a shoe company affiliation ... What I found interesting is, while like I said, most coaches try to discount that one some level, Mark Turgeon didn't. He said it's a huge advantage and he'll never apologize for it," Parrish said.

Originally a football-centric brand, Under Armour and its founder -- former Maryland football player Kevin Plank (pictured) -- have steadily gained ground on Nike and Adidas in the grassroots basketball world. The Under Armour Association, its travel basketball circuit, was home to more talented teams than ever before this past summer, when five of the top 10 players in the 2017 class played for Under Amour teams.

Another good night for Terps D-2 hockey team.

They improved their record to a perfect 4-0 by beating conference foe Rider, 5-1.

Tough, physical game in the beginning, but eventually the Terps wore them down and came away with a very deserved victory.

Fun fact - through 4 games this season, the Terps have scored within the first 20 seconds of the third period in all 4 games.  NICE!!!

Next week, big matchup vs local rival (and division foe) UMBC on Friday and vs West Chester on Saturday.

Go Terps.

Fri Oct 9 -

UMBC  The Gardens Ice House  8:00 PM EDT
Sat Oct 10 -
West Chester University  The Gardens Ice House  7:00 PM EDT
Edited by btfoom

I hope you have insiders and are 100% sure. He's maxed out at 7 wins. We need to take the next step.

Yes, he's done.

Sooner you fire him, the sooner you can start looking for the next HC. ****ty thing is that I don't trust Kevin Anderson to make that hire.

To be fair to KA, Mike Leach was his first choice.....but the University nixed that hire.

• Like 1