Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Well, I'm about ready to give up on this season. I'll wait till next year for Haskins to get here. In the mean time, **** Edsall. I want him gone. Fired. Released. Pink slip. Walking papers. Let's spend some goddamn Under Armor money and get a name guy in here. Pay the mother****** 20 million a year if that's what it takes. This has got to change. Yes, I'm in meltdown mode right now. Sick of this bull****.

Sorry for some of my rants.  More at Edsall than the team.  I just don't think he's the right coach to put this team at the next level.  He needs to be coaching someone like Arkansas State or Weber State. 

Edited by pjfootballer

Rowe has to work on his consistency, but he's made some nice throws today too. Great arm strength down the field, but still too many throws that have you scratching your head.

By the way, Avery Edwards with the Gronk Spike after the TD. I laughed pretty hard and at the same time was saying "you dummy". Edsall was not happy with him.

• Like 1

So you have calmed down now from your early second quarter meltdown ?

Whew. Good thing.

I watched the Bowling Green/Tennessee game...That is why I made that statement after week one.

Yeah, just tired of the slow starts. And Edsall pisses me off more than anything.  At least I admitted I melted down.  Once we grabbed the lead 14-7, I was feeling a little more confident.

Click to read the rest

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/On-Both-Sides-of-the-Ball-Terps-Dominating-the-Sack-Game-39590391

On Both Sides of the Ball, Terps Dominating the Sack Game

Maryland hasn't hit the hard part of its schedule yet, but there's already strong evidence supporting the preseason hype about an improved offensive line.

The Terps (2-1) are one of five FBS teams not to have allowed a sack yet this season after keeping quarterback Caleb Rowe clean in Saturday's 34-17 win. Maryland, which gave up 37 sacks last season -- tied for second-most in the Big Ten -- won't have as easy a time as it enters a challenging stretch of games beginning Saturday at West Virginia. But pass protection has been nearly perfect thus far.

"It's great communication. [The entire offense] recognizes the defenses and knows which way we've got to slide, or turn our protection to, to take advantage of what they're trying to do to us," coach Randy Edsall said. "If you're executing with good technique, you have a less likely chance of getting beat. Between one on one run blocking and one on one pass rush between our O-line and D-line, we might rep that stuff more than anybody."

On the flip side, when Maryland moved talented pass rushers Yannick Ngakoue and Jesse Aniebonam from linebacker to defensive end during the offseason, it was expected to boost the Terps' sack numbers. And it has; Maryland's defense has been as good as its offense statistically, leading Big Ten with 14 sacks in three games and rank second nationally with 4.67 sacks per game, an effort spearheaded by junior defensive end Yannick Ngakoue (4.5 sacks). He's one of four players in the country with more than four sacks.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Click to read the rest

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Turgeon-Gives-Progress-Report-on-Diamond-Stone-Rasheed-Sulaimon-39633878

Turgeon Gives Progress Report on Diamond Stone, Rasheed Sulaimon

It’s been a busy summer for Maryland freshman center Diamond Stone.

The McDonald’s All-American from Wisconsin was on campus for only three weeks in the summer, but it served as a crash course on the amount of work it takes to succeed at the collegiate level. When he arrived, it was clear the 6-foot-11, 255 pound center would need to improve his body, and so far, that’s been his main focus since returning to College Park less than a month ago to begin school.

“His head was spinning a little bit, but he’s just a terrific scorer and has a great feel for the game so he’s going to be fine,”Turgeon said Monday when he joined Andy Katz and Seth Greenberg on ESPN Radio. “Right now he’s going through getting his body right.”

Even though Stone is the Terps highest-rated recruit in years, he’ll have to continue to show improvement in order to enter the regular season as Maryland’s starting center. Turgeon said Stone can “put the ball in the basket”, but when compared to junior

2015 Defensive Team Sack Leaders 1. Texas A&M 15 2. Maryland 14 (surprised!) 3. Penn St 13 4. Ohio St 12 5. Temple 12 7 schools have 11

Terps sack leaders:

1 Yannick Ngakoue -- 4.5 
2 Quinton Jefferson -- 3.5 
3 Roman Braglio -- 2.0 
4 Jesse Aniebonam -- 2.0 
5 Chandler Burkett -- 1.0 
6 Sean Davis --1.0

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Maryland-to-Host-BTN-Football-Pregame-vs-Michigan-39666122

Maryland to Host 'BTN Football Pregame' vs Michigan

Maryland's first Big Ten conference game of the year against Michigan will be extra special, as the Big Ten Network announced it will hold its broadcasts of "BTN Football Pregame" in College Park on Saturday, October 3rd.

The on-site studio show will feature special, Maryland-related guests like former NFL all-pro Shawne Merriman and both Mark Turgeon and Randy Edsall. The early edition of the show will air live from outside of Byrd Stadium from 10:30 a.m. until noon, while fans are encouraged to arrive at 6:15 p.m. for the evening show leading into the Terps game against the Wolverines at 8 p.m.

Per the Big Ten Network, "Students and fans are encouraged to attend the broadcast and will receive complimentary food, shirts, foam fingers, rally towels, and poster-making materials. A DJ will be on hand for entertainment, and two giant LED video boards will feature the best games and analysis of the day."

Kevin Kugler, Matt Millen and Lisa Byington make up the broadcast team during the game. Dave Revsine, Gerry DiNardo and Howard Griffith will anchor the studio coverage.

Click to read the rest

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/sports/colleges/maryland/ph-cc-sp-terps-caleb-rowe-0924-20150923-story.html

Rowe aims to be steady

ing his career with Maryland, quarterback Caleb Rowe has mixed the good and the bad, putting together inconsistent outings on a regular basis. He entered his start against South Florida with the same number of touchdowns as interceptions and nearly exited with the same number as well after his four-touchdown, three-interception performance.

So with his second start of the season set for Saturday at West Virginia, the coaching staff is looking for Rowe to even out his performance.

Offensive coordinator Mike Locksley wants to see more "big time" throws like the 70-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Taivon Jacobs or the 12-yard touchdown pass to tight end Avery Edwards. And he wants to see less of the plays that make him go, "Hey bro, what are you doing?"

Rowe thinks he can deliver what the Terps are looking for. After the win over South Florida, he talked about playing within the offense more and getting improvement from there.

"I've kind of learned just to do it," Rowe said Wednesday. "It's not a mentality anymore. On Saturday, I made a few mistakes, a few throws that were forced, but for the most part, I feel like I ran the offense pretty well, and I try to do that every week in practice."

Click to read the rest

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/terrapins-insider/wp/2015/09/24/caleb-rowe-eases-into-his-second-week-as-marylands-starting-qb/

Caleb Rowe eases into his second week as Maryland’s starting QB

There were several throws that Caleb Rowe would like to have back from last week’s win over South Florida, but by Wednesday the junior quarterback had already forced himself to forget about the past. Rowe allows himself one viewing of the previous week’s game film before closing the book. He moved on to this week’s preparation for West Virginia with more confidence than self-doubt after his 297-yard performance  last Saturday, which featured four brilliant touchdown throws and three ill-advised interceptions.

“It’s about West Virginia and the week that we have,” Rowe said. “We just have to be ready for everything that they’re going to throw at us.”

What West Virginia will throw at Rowe is a unique 3-3-5 scheme that is predicated upon movement up front and disguising coverages in the secondary. Maryland enters the contest rejuvenated offensively, which comes on the heels of Rowe’s promotion as the starter early last week.

Let's go!

Mountaineers!

I'll be in Morgantown Saturday for first time in 3 years. ..anyone else going?

I wish I was, I simply can't because I have family coming to town.

I have a good buddy that is a WVU fan that lives here. I think we are going to try to coordinate watching the game somewhere, and trash talk etc... with one or two of my UMD buddies also. haha.

The news I'm receiving about a certain tight end will have UMD go crazy 1f440.png1f422.png

Clark 1f440.png1f422.png

I'll have a full story soon but Chris Clark is now considering NC State, Pitt, Maryland, Virginia and will visit those schools

Chris Clark was previously banned from Michigan, MSU and Ohio State, but even with the lift says he has no interest in those schools