Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Only 21 signed LOIs in 2014 for WVU (again, according to Rivals). Not sure where that 30 is coming from unless they are double counting grayshirts or something?

Either way, WVU has had a solid Florida pipeline as of late (really since RRod) and has done decently in MD and PA. It's not like they are stuck recruiting in state for all their talent. :)

I do agree though. All it takes is one QB, be it getting a transfer that should have never been forced out of WVU (Scotty McBrien) or the one you have committed for next year.

Here's where I got the info...but yeah, maybe they were grayshirted.

http://westvirginia.247sports.com/Season/2014-Football/Commits

Well the 9 guys without stars is the difference between what Rivals shows of 21 signed letter of intent and what 247 shows as 30.

I suspect those 9 weren't signed.

I think we can all agree what a crap shoot it all is. JUCO transfer Kevin White was 3 stars in 2013? Wow.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Only 21 signed LOIs in 2014 for WVU (again, according to Rivals). Not sure where that 30 is coming from unless they are double counting grayshirts or something?

Either way, WVU has had a solid Florida pipeline as of late (really since RRod) and has done decently in MD and PA. It's not like they are stuck recruiting in state for all their talent. :)

I do agree though. All it takes is one QB, be it getting a transfer that should have never been forced out of WVU (Scotty McBrien) or the one you have committed for next year.

That Florida pipeline came before rich rod. Nehlen had a lot of players from Florida. ...doc holiday was who laid that pipeline. RR success and emphasis on speed just helped it grow.

• Like 1

Well the 9 guys without stars is the difference between what Rivals shows of 21 signed letter of intent and what 247 shows as 30.

I suspect those 9 weren't signed.

I think we can all agree what a crap shoot it all is. JUCO transfer Kevin White was 3 stars in 2013? Wow.

Kevin White...that's who I wanted the Skins to take.  :(

4-star commit Tino Ellis & Dwayne Haskins in response to the WVU result.

I committed for a reason. Y'all see sit back and enjoy...

People told me the same thing when I chose my high school.

Now I'm hungrier then I ever been

Strong in my commitment. I see the vision, it's just not clear to those who are blind.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Yes the football game really sucked.  

@ Major Harris - wish we could play you in Hockey (but WVa can't find the recipe for ice :D ), but wait for B=Ball.  

I can at least sleep well because Hockey team completed a 2 win weekend, beating Kuztown 7-1 tonight (after beating G-Town last night).  Team is 3-0 to start season, scoring 18 and only letting in 3.

Next up is Rider on Friday:

Fri Oct 2 -

Rider University
The Gardens Ice House

8:00 PM EDT

They get a very good turnout on Friday night, so if you like hockey, come out to Laurel to watch a good hockey team and cheer on the Terps (It's Free, btw).

Go Terps.

Edited by btfoom
  • Like 1

Yes the football game really sucked.  

@ Major Harris - wish we could play you in Hockey (but WVa can't find the recipe for ice :D ), but wait for B=Ball.  

I can at least sleep well because Hockey team completed a 2 win weekend, beating Kuztown 7-1 tonight (after beating G-Town last night).  Team is 3-0 to start season, scoring 18 and only letting in 3.

Next up is Rider on Friday:

Fri Oct 2 -

Rider University
The Gardens Ice House

8:00 PM EDT

They get a very good turnout on Friday night, so if you like hockey, come out to Laurel to watch a good hockey team and cheer on the Terps (It's Free, btw).

Go Terps.

We really need to get a D1 hockey team.

• Like 1

We really need to get a D1 hockey team.

Absolutely, if UMD actually looked into it, they'd see teams like Penn State, ASU, and others that went from club to D-1 and how it dramatically upgraded their teams.  There is so much good hockey at the club and high school level in the DC area that if they could get a D-1 team, they'd be very good.  The problem is that to play D-1, the team needs a rink on campus or dedicated rink.  That is lots of money. I keep hoping Under Armour wants to branch into hockey and will help with these costs.

By the way, Brave, you are great supporter of UMD and a fantastic source of info.  Please keep this up.  If you ever want to go to a hockey game, let me know and I'll bring the beer (or whatever you want) for you.  

Keep up the great work!!!!

• Like 1

I've been thinking about this and the Edsall situation has a lot of similarities to the "Ron Vanderlinden era".

Both Vanderlinden & Edsall seemed to recruit reasonably well but were absolutely horrible gameday coaches.

Vanderlinden teams had some "WVU performances" too.

And then Ralph took over and with the same players was kicking ass.

I don't think that a coincidence.

Basically, the cupboard isn't bare in terms of talent (though you couldn't tell from the WVU performance lol).

Many of Maryland's most talented players (based on "stars") are RS freshman, True freshman, RS sophomores & true sophomores.

If things go the way I expect them to in the next year or so (if not sooner) Maryland's offensive line could consist of:

RT: Damian Prince 5*

RG  EJ Donahue    3* (Borderline 4*)

C:    Damian Moore 3*

LG: Quarvez Boulware 4*

LT:  Derwin Gray      4*

Basically, I believe some coach (Dino Babers hopefully) will step into a great situation.

1. Fertile recruiting grounds.

2.) Major conference (The B1G has a new tv deal coming up which should bring even more cash to the program)

3.) Under Armour support (The ultimate goal is to be the "Oregon of the East")

4.)Located outside of Washington DC.

5.) 155m+ indoor practice facility breaking ground soon (Nicknamed "NUCole")

Ralph, while undefeated against kfc large bucket, was 4 and 6 vs wvu

Sort of proves my point.

Ralph's success against WVU came in the early years.

Primarily with Vanderlinden's recruits....and I believe the next coach will have a similiar effect.

Basically, Randy can't coach.  :P

Outside of the WVU transfer at QB for UMD, the Terps haven't done much against WVU.

That 37-0 beat down two years ago in Baltimore was pretty sweet.

I can almost give Edsall a pass in year one as what seemed like half the team left the program and even year two was when they started strong and then every player that played QB on the roster tore their ACL.

But as a ticket holder, they're pretty uninspiring right now. And it shows in the stands.

• Like 1

Edsall just got kiss of death from his biggest recruits.

Basically they said they're committed to the school...not to any particular coach.

Assuming that's accurate....he's gone.

Personally, I'm on the Dino Babers or Matt Campbell bandwagon for the next HC.

Nothing just posted for reference.

But if you want me to mention it that's a hell of alot of blue last 25 years lol

It looks like it will stay that way because we won't see each other for another five years and once we play in 2020, I doubt the series will be continued after that.

The BIG is adding an extra conference game so there's no need for us to add a tough non-conference game.

I was reading some articles and it seems like WVU really wants to continue the series. Maryland, I'm not so sure.

I kinda think Maryland is more about PSU at this point. (HATE THEM and everything they stand for)

Honestly, even if we beat you we gain nothing other than bragging rights.

For you guys I think it's a little more important due to recruiting.