Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Joke of a game here.  Some crap calls by the refs, more crap calls by this "I'm-in-over-my-head" coach.

They will be lucky to win 2 more games this year.

But hey, at least UMD Hockey is playing tonight as well.  7:15 in Laurel.  I'll just focus on that.

These teams are on two different levels. It looks like Division 1 vs. Division 2 right now.

Oh, and you cannot stick with Rowe. He should not see the field the rest of the day. He's missing wide open guys and he can't throw a swing pass to a RB. You have to make a switch to see if you can get anything going.

These teams are on two different levels. It looks like Division 1 vs. Division 2 right now.

Oh, and you cannot stick with Rowe. He should not see the field the rest of the day. He's missing wide open guys and he can't throw a swing pass to a RB. You have to make a switch to see if you can get anything going.

To be fair, this is the first year that Holgersen has a roster full of his guys. You can definitely see the depth that WVU has right now. I just hope it holds up through that crazy next 4 games (Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Baylor, TCU).

Good luck to you guys the rest of the season. I hope you get your QB situation figured out.

All the recruits in the world won't matter. Edsall can't coach. Give him an extension is an insult to other University employees and students who are held to a higher standard and get paid much less....or pay to be there.

Yep. Coaching is an issue,

Whenever Randy faces a team with equal or more talented he gets destroyed.

Not just loses but gets DESTROYED.

Yeah, Maryland is a young team compared to WVU but there's no way they should have beat us that bad.

I could see if WVU was outrecruiting Maryland but that isn't the case.

Nothing but a coaching issue.

My choice for HC: Dino Babers (Bowling Green)

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Truth is Haskins can't get here fast enough.  MD hasn't had a decent QB since McBrien and you simply cannot win without one.  Edsall is going to get this year and 2 more IMO. His recruiting is starting to shape up and it would be a mistake to change course.

I know some people who are "insiders" and Edsall's in trouble.

His seat is hotter than a California wildfire.

Yeah, Maryland is a young team compared to WVU but there's no way they should have beat us that bad.

I could see if WVU was outrecruiting Maryland but that isn't the case.

I dont mean to be rude, but how is that not the case? WVU consistently outpaces UMD in team football recruiting rankings. Or at least they do, according to Rivals.

There was a 21 team difference in last year's class. Not that that ever guarantees anything. 8 teams the year before, I think.

I suspect, even Edsall could have won with WVUs team today against the UMD roster.

Edited by The Evil Genius

I dont mean to be rude, but how is that not the case? WVU consistently outpaces UMD in team football recruiting rankings. Or at least they do, according to Rivals.

There was a 21 team difference in last year's class. Not that that ever guarantees anything. 8 teams the year before, I think.

I suspect, even Edsall could have won with WVUs team today against the UMD roster.

I don't use Rivals.

I use 247 because they use a composite system which factors in all the recruiting services: Rivals,ESPN etc

Last 4 class ranks according to 247?

Yeah.

Technically WVU has some higher rated classes but if you look closely you'll see a reason for that.

Basically WVU has some monster classes in terms of size the past few years.

Let's use 2014 for example: WVU had the 38th ranked class and brought in 30 recruits.

Maryland otoh, finished with the 40th ranked class....but they only brought in 18 players.

So Maryland actually had higher ranked players when you look at total stars. It's just that WVU had a much larger overall class.

Now that I look at it I don't see how the Mountaineers classes have been so big the lately.

You guys must have a lot of players leaving the program lately.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Maryland is god awful. Sorry guys that was pathetic. Really didn't think they'd be that bad

You are being too generous with your assessment of Maryland. It's one thing to get blown out because you have a bad game, the other team just does everything right, etc. It's completely different when you are dominated and look like you don't belong on the same field. That was the case today. MD is obviously not as good as West Virginia, but they should not be as far behind as they were today.

Good luck the rest of the year. Today was obviously not the test WVU was hoping for. It might as well been another 1AA school.

Only 21 signed LOIs in 2014 for WVU (again, according to Rivals). Not sure where that 30 is coming from unless they are double counting grayshirts or something?

Either way, WVU has had a solid Florida pipeline as of late (really since RRod) and has done decently in MD and PA. It's not like they are stuck recruiting in state for all their talent. :)

I do agree though. All it takes is one QB, be it getting a transfer that should have never been forced out of WVU (Scotty McBrien) or the one you have committed for next year.

Edited by The Evil Genius