Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ADVICE FOR ROBERT GRIFFIN: Let Shanahan Go!

deepball1

It seems every other week Griffin is making some sort of innuendo or backhanded stab at Shanahan. A couple of weeks ago he talked about "hidden agendas" in the past and the media jumped right on it because we all knew who he was talking about. Now here we go again.

In the latest installment of "As the Shanahan Turns" we see RG3 referring back to his rookie year and giving rookie Robert advice: "Never let them steal your joy".  Well, that's pretty obvious who "THEM" would be. Really Robert.....let the Shanahans Go!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000366989/article/robert-griffin-iii-never-let-them-steal-your-joy

Interpretation, perception, and conjecture versus meaning, reality, and insight.  Veiled comments regarding a conniving, manipulative, and washed up coach is admirable coming from an athlete in his young twenties.  Most would have bulldozed over their former coach had he treated them the way Robert was treated.  

If half of the stuff out of Redskins Park is true about the way Shanahan handled his players I wouldn't blame Robert if he blatantly called out his former coach.....but he didn't and never will.  Give Griffin some credit for being stand up.  At least he's not a guy like Bryce Harper who doesn't know his place and has a big mouth.  Robert is intelligent, considerate, and genuine...something I can't say I've ever seen on display from his former coach.  

It's one thing for the misinformed outside Redskins Nation to come to these types of idiotic conclusions, especially the media. They always look for anything they can find to tear down someone popular so they can appear superior instead of the bottom feeding trash they are. 

But for someone inside Redskins Nation to buy into it is just nuts. Sorry, but this has long way to go to be a reach. 

RGIII cannot win right now. If he is quiet, he is hiding something. If he takes the high road, they pick some innocuous statement and drive some BS meaning into it, if he speaks honestly he is throwing people under a bus. 

Again, I expect this from the small minds of the media and those outside Redskins Nation. But inside? You should be ashamed! 

Is this a be more like Cousins thread in waiting?

I am fine if RG3 is still bitter. Heck, I am. Kyle seemingly was lost on how to run an NFL offense with RG3.  Sure his pop had a say in it, but his play calling was as close to backwards as you can get with an RG3 at the helm.

Instead of doing the things Robert dominated at in college, running an uptempo spread offense, he had him running the option play always in a bunch formation, with a tempo that could literally go no slower than we did. RG3 ran the ball far too much, took too many hits, and we are lucky his injuries were not more severe.

In the latest installment of "As the Shanahan Turns" we see RG3 referring back to his rookie year and giving rookie Robert advice: "Never let them steal your joy".  Well, that's pretty obvious who "THEM" would be.

Actually, no it's not obvious.  You just linked to the kind of people it could be referring to.  Look at the silly commentary out there by general NFL fans (baselessly calling him RGME, etc.); could be that too.  Etc. 

The media has an incentive to make Robert into a controversial figure--I haven't seen anything yet from Robert that provides any solid evidence to even form that kind of opinion about him.  We don't need to fall for it.

Luckily you're not his mentor. I think he has let Shanahan go and those days are well behind him. You're reaching here just so you can start a thre

It's one thing for the misinformed outside Redskins Nation to come to these types of idiotic conclusions, especially the media. They always look for anything they can find to tear down someone popular so they can appear superior instead of the bottom feeding trash they are. 

But for someone inside Redskins Nation to buy into it is just nuts. Sorry, but this has long way to go to be a reach. 

RGIII cannot win right now. If he is quiet, he is hiding something. If he takes the high road, they pick some innocuous statement and drive some BS meaning into it, if he speaks honestly he is throwing people under a bus. 

Again, I expect this from the small minds of the media and those outside Redskins Nation. But inside? You should be ashamed! 

First of all, I am not ashamed. Why should I be ashamed? I have broached a subject that is in the media and has even been discussed recently on 980 Radio by Kevin and Tom Loverro. Should THEY be ashamed.  You should be ashamed for displaying such Homerism that you refuse to even recognize the possiblity that Griffin is still on this subject.

So when you say that it is "NUTS" for someone inside Redskins nation to buy into "It"....partner...you better start listening to Redskins Nation radio or read Redskins Nation articles because it's out there in Redskins Nation in the LOCAL MEDIA. Just because you put on blinders doesn't mean everybody else has to.

The only "BS" I see here is in your mind.

First of all, I am not ashamed. Why should I be ashamed? I have broached a subject that is in the media and has even been discussed recently on 980 Radio by Kevin and Tom Loverro. Should THEY be ashamed.  You should be ashamed for displaying such Homerism that you refuse to even recognize the possiblity that Griffin is still on this subject.

So when you say that it is "NUTS" for someone inside Redskins nation to buy into "It"....partner...you better start listening to Redskins Nation radio or read Redskins Nation articles because it's out there in Redskins Nation in the LOCAL MEDIA. Just because you put on blinders doesn't mean everybody else has to.

The only "BS" I see here is in your mind.

There is no homerism going on here. Thats the bail out when these thinly veiled Cousins posts come out.  

A  homer??  lol   You have no idea what you are talking about. I can be and am critical of this team and organization when it's warranted. 

This whole RGME garbage and throwing MS under a bus crap is the media who has a vested interest in stirring hate. They built him up now they want to tear him down.  And yes you should be ashamed for buying into it when the real data, the actual statements by RGIII are not anything like that is portrayed. Did you even listen to the actual interview? Did you hear what he actually said?   NO! I didn't think so. 

The only blinders are on you for not thinking for yourself and being led by the nose by the media into what you should think or do.  I will think for myself thank you. I have a mind of my own and will use it.  The kid is human. He has his faults. But they are hugely exaggerated by a senseless no account media. Then mindless gnomes buy into it. 

BTW: Seriously you believe anything Arrington says? There is an entire thread about how bitter he is. Again, try thinking for yourself. 

I agree with the OP.

I'm not surprised by the backlash though.  There are always those who's hero worship simply will not allow them to see anything wrong with a given player.  Just look at the way people fell all over themselves to defend Portis or (I want to vomit just thinking about this...) insist that he was a better RB than Riggins.

I love RG3, but he has made some very poor decisions from trying to play superman and getting himself hurt to hiding the fact that he aggravated the injury and hurting himself worse, to blaming Shannahan for his problems. He still has some maturing to do.

The professional way to handle a loaded question about past coaching is to say "we are focussed on the present and that's all that matters". PERIOD, End of story.

"Never let them steal your joy" could be RG3's comment to the asswipe from NFL.com who scratched out this drive-by hatchet piece.  It really is breathtaking to see how much steaming dog crap Chris Wesseling could cram into such a short "article."   

Here's the first clue that ol' Chris came in with an agenda.  Right off the bat he mocks Robert for talking in the 3rd person.  Hey dip****, he was responding to a question about talking to an earlier version of himself.  How else do you construct an answer to that hypothetical without using the third person? 

It's bordering on pathological how religiously these NFL beat writers adhere to the narrative they've carved out about RG3.  My guess is THAT is who RG3 is referring to with his "Never let them steal your joy" comment...  those moron writers can take the most innocuous quote from him and turn it into criticism.

And it's sad how so many people, OP included, have chomped down on the bait.  Training camp hasn't even started, yet the poison pens are already out. You know what? **** Chris Wesseling. **** em all. 

Best thing Robert can do is not read their garbage and ignore them. I know I have. I rarely read any articles anymore. Journalism has gone the way of the cuckoo. Like Bang says, Kardashian Kulture rules. It's all opinions (something I can do without) and no more hard journalism with...you know....facts and stuff.

The professional way to handle a loaded question about past coaching is to say "we are focussed on the present and that's all that matters". PERIOD, End of story.

That's fine except that he wasn't asked a question about past coaching here. He was asked what he would advice we would give his rookie self.

There is no way you can bend that to make it seem like he is taking a shot at Shanahan. "Don't let anyone steal your joy" is a pretty popular saying, even Joel Osteen preaches it.

It makes far more sense that Griffin is referring to all the fans and media that constantly vilify him, try to take shots at him on his twitter and FB pages, celebrate and make fun of his injury etc than any coaching.

It's an extreme reach to try to pin this as some sort of shot at Shanahan. I guess if you are looking and waiting to smash anything he says or does then it probably comes pretty easily.

Archived