Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any Monty Python Fans Out Here?

Passepartout

I am a huge fan of the show. As they are touring in their final farewell. Ten of them and last one is July 20th in the UK, which they will showcase to 1,000 movie screens all over the world! They are in their seventies. 

As they started out in 1969 with their TV show of Flying Circus. And three movies like "Holy Grail, Life of Brian, and Meaning of Life!"

They have five Brits and one American:

The late Graham Chapman

John Cleese

Terry Gilliam

Eric Idle

Terry Jones

Michael Palin

Would love to find out any fans! Thanks! Been a fan since 1989!

Ah memories of my teen years way back in the mid-70's.  I could stay up late during the Summer and that's when I would catch up on Monty Python. Had albums I would listen otherwise.  

Of course---along with Firesign Theater, Second City (of SCTV), the old NatLamp crew (mags, radio, and albums ) and OSNL (the orig cast included numerous folks from NatLampCo).

Good times for off-the-wall humor.

Along with the series, we watched the Python movies repeatedly and memorized the bits.

As a kid I had every line of Holy Grail dialog committed to memory. Still think it represents one of the absolute zeniths of comedic cinema.

Then ten or twelve years ago I hung out many an evening in an L.A. bar where Eric Idle could often be found in the afternoons. Or so they say, I wouldn't know. I never once ran into the mangy git. :)

Eh, Holy Grail is good for a laugh, but I'm not sure it ever really worked for me. I mean, it's a million times better than anything Adam Sandler cranks out, but British people aren't very funny.

Oh Lord, bless this thy holy hand grenade, that thy my blowst thine enemies to tiny bits. In thy mercy...

Sometimes (more in the past) I used the "help help I'm being repressed" clip on folks who would claim it was the actual position on a topic they took, or some sociopolitical demographic they belonged to, that netted a moderator action.  :lol:

I also like this pic.  B)

oppression-musical.jpg

Archived