Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Offseason/Mini Camp tweets (whatnot & glutton free) - 6/17/14

LeReib looked quick off the line on the couple of drills that showed him.  I'm still hoping he will be the man.  I really don't care who starts, but he just seems to have the most immediate potential of the younger guys. 

I'm pleasantly surprised to see that Gruden seems to be focusing on having RGIII getting used to throwing over guys with their hands up.  I can't even count the number of times I remember Griff's passes getting swatted at the line last season.  The first half of that SD game still leaves me shaking my head.  I hope Gruden works with Griff on finding throwing lanes from the pocket in training camp.  It's a skill that takes awhile to master, and I don't think that was a focus of the Shanahans during practices the last two years.

LeReib looked quick off the line on the couple of drills that showed him.  I'm still hoping he will be the man.  I really don't care who starts, but he just seems to have the most immediate potential of the younger guys. 

The new Redskins model seems to include size on the line these days. New additions McGlynn, Lauvao, Long and Moses are all big guys and LeReibus fits the mold as does Mo Hurt. Gettis on the other hand, is still listed at 292 and if there is a new mandate for beef up front, he has some growing to do.  Good hustle or not, his frame would appear to have him at a disadvantage.

Regardless, there's no question the O-line battles are going to be the most compelling storyline of the summer.

The new Redskins model seems to include size on the line these days. New additions McGlynn, Lauvao, Long and Moses are all big guys and LeReibus fits the mold as does Mo Hurt. Gettis on the other hand, is still listed at 292 and if there is a new mandate for beef up front, he has some growing to do.  Good hustle or not, his frame would appear to have him at a disadvantage.

Regardless, there's no question the O-line battles are going to be the most compelling storyline of the summer.

Gettis is reported to have beefed up to 310-315

Yup, I'd add Safety there as well. Oline and Safety are the two positions I find most intriguing this summer.

As for my "under the radar" man crush... it's Breeland for me. After all those positive tweets during rookie minicamp about his physical style of play and then hearing him talk with that ridiculously inflated ego the best CBs all seem to possess... yeah he's got me in his corner already, lol.

But beware. My previous DB man crushes were Kareem Moore and Brandyn Thompson. :(         

Yup, I'd add Safety there as well. Oline and Safety are the two positions I find most intriguing this summer.

As for my "under the radar" man crush... it's Breeland for me. After all those positive tweets during rookie minicamp about his physical style of play and then hearing him talk with that ridiculously inflated ego the best CBs all seem to possess... yeah he's got me in his corner already, lol.

But beware. My previous DB man crushes were Kareem Moore and Brandyn Thompson. :(

Safety, huh? Right on. For me it's who wins the start at ILB and DE (and oline of course). Looking forward to seeing who sticks at corner and WR too.

Those ads in the slideshow are really ****ing annoying.  REALLY annoying.  There's like ten pictures and two ads.

God, our web team is so bad.

Also - the words of a source on Tanard Jackson after two days of OTA's and the last few weeks back at #Redskins Park is "Tanard is awesome."

Mentioned this today with @kevins980 & @thomloverro - for now the starting ILB's are Riley/Keenan. Don't be shocked if Riley gets unseated.

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 9m

LB Keenan Robinson making the calls on defense.

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 6m

Jenkins is here ...Philip Thomas with a tremendous diving interception. .Griffin (no brace) long pass to Garcon beating Breeland in stride

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 3m

DeSean Jackson has been used on a reverse and had an over head/shoulder catch in stride from Griffin. Did not get one ball that was high.

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 14m

Roberts, Thompson, Seastrunk, Robinson and Williams among those fielding punts. Jackson back there, too, but watching mostly.

Archived