Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Jackson signing risky at best

MattFancy

Sorry, just an add on, while I semi agree with diesel, I still think this is a very well run board. I think the best thing about this board are it's diversity of members and mods, and their contributions to the content within. We might not all agree on everything, but we can definitely drum up some really interesting conversations. Even with its rigidity. :)

http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsblog/nick-foles-desean-jackson-he-was-great-teammate-me

Well now Foles comes out supporting djax, the starting Qb an rb both had no problems with him on or off the field! But according to sources jackson act was growing thin within the lockerroom, BS!

Those were some really classy comments by Foles.  Tip of the hat to him.

I think we can call it at this point without fear. It seems pretty obvious that they believe metrically, they only need to replace 80+ receptions, 1,300+ yards, & 9 TD's with Maclin, & Sproles.

I think they can probably get that kind of production from those guys; however, I feel that metrics get lost in football more than any other sport because of the intangible factors involved with things like speed, elusiveness, & play design. You don't need DJax to match his numbers from last year in order for the move to be a success. If he only produces 2/3 as well...The other players like Morris, Garçon, Reed, & Roberts will still benefit greatly simply by his presence. Philly doesn't have anyone now who can really scare the defense deep, & now we have 3 guys who can.

The significance of his acquisition goes well beyond simpleton stats.

Diesel- think about it this way- given the thousands of members on this board (it's a big one)- if every member posted every thought as a new thread, it would be an absolute cluster****.

Very few threads have been closed that couldn't have gone in an existing thread.

the truth.... respect the mods because they do more work then you realize managing all the BS posts... and if they didn't, it would be the wild west here and unreadable... being a mod is the most unpopular role on an internet forum.

I think we can call it at this point without fear. It seems pretty obvious that they believe metrically, they only need to replace 80+ receptions, 1,300+ yards, & 9 TD's with Maclin, & Sproles.

I think they can probably get that kind of production from those guys; however, I feel that metrics get lost in football more than any other sport because of the intangible factors involved with things like speed, elusiveness, & play design. You don't need DJax to match his numbers from last year in order for the move to be a success. If he only produces 2/3 as well...The other players like Morris, Garçon, Reed, & Roberts will still benefit greatly simply by his presence. Philly doesn't have anyone now who can really scare the defense deep, & now we have 3 guys who can.

Also they would need more than that as with Jackson they couldnt get past the first round.

• 1 month later...

Along with that is the attention that he received from defenses that allowed other guys (Maclin, Cooper, Celek, McCoy, etc) to make plays.

Stuff like that doesn't show up on the stat sheet. It will create a trickle down effect throughout that entire offense. They'll still be good, but no matter which way people slice it, losing a player like Jackson is going to affect them.

Check this bull**** out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vQpRHlJv48

I would have walked out too!

But, I think the risk for Deshean here in DC is the journalistic culture he'll be dealing with. DC reporters (UnWise Mike to name a few) are notorious for asking probing questions. Quite frankly, I think reporters should be regulated just like everyone else. It's bull!!!! Just ask questions regarding the game!!! What the hell does him standing with a linemen instead of with his fellow WRs have to do with anything?!!

There should regulations that states if a reporter goes into reality TV **** mode, they should be suspended for four games. Definitions of "reality TV **** mode" is asking leading questions with the intent on starting ****.

The problem is, if a player has an opinion and it doesn't fit politically, he's fined are vilified. A reporter can ask a player anything! If the player doesn't answer, it will still be reported and analyzed. Many times the reporter will spin the story to his/her benefit without the player directly answering the bull**** question.

Way to go Deshean. I didn't agree with you torching us and talking mess when you played against us. But I in total agreement with you walking away from vultures.

**** 'em   

I can see why that thread got locked, but good luck starting a new thread on this board ever. You'll have the board police and administrative Gestapo on you in a matter of seconds. That's why this is the most stale forum on the internet. Just look at the front page. I check here every day, same old stale threads... every day.

You seem to be frustrated and unhappy about ES. Perhaps you should stop tormenting yourself by coming here and posting such weighty but wasted thoughts. Just go to all the other more vivacious and lively Redskins sites that satisfy you. If for some reason you are unable to manage yourself on this matter and would like help, you can always "ask the Gestapo."   :lol:

Or you may choose to just continue to suffer, and hope that, just possibly, as we near more football-active off-season times,  your visits will not be so disappointing to you (or us).  :)

Also, please don't break rule 18 again. 

Members should use the Feedback Forum for any general comments you may have regarding board management on any matter. Do not engage in "hijacking" a thread by commenting on such matters in off-topic fashion within a thread.

No penalty enacted--just a tip to you a couple of others from your friendly Gestapo.  :ph34r:

You seem to be frustrated and unhappy about ES. Perhaps you should stop tormenting yourself by coming here and posting such weighty but wasted thoughts. Just go to all the other more vivacious and lively Redskins sites that satisfy you. If for some reason you are unable to manage yourself on this matter and would like help, you can always "ask the Gestapo."    :lol:

Or you may choose to just continue to suffer, and hope that, just possibly, as we near more football-active off-season times,  your visits will not be so disappointing to you (or us).   :)

No penalty enacted--just a tip to you a couple of others from your friendly Gestapo.  :ph34r:

:D

You seem to be frustrated and unhappy about ES. Perhaps you should stop tormenting yourself by coming here and posting such weighty but wasted thoughts. Just go to all the other more vivacious and lively Redskins sites that satisfy you. If for some reason you are unable to manage yourself on this matter and would like help, you can always "ask the Gestapo."   :lol:

Or you may choose to just continue to suffer, and hope that, just possibly, as we near more football-active off-season times,  your visits will not be so disappointing to you (or us).  :)

Not frustrated, just...bored.  Seems like it used to be more informative back in the day, even during the off-season.  At least it seemed more interesting.   Maybe that was before your time ...

Don't mind me though.  I'm not here to cause any trouble. 

It's always a pleasure to watch a man who enjoys his work as much as you do.  Glad you were able to get in here and throw some muscle around, five weeks later.  Those posts (and infractions!) were in real danger of becoming completely irrelevant and totally forgotten about.  

Diesel, I give no special thought to banning you or not banning you---partly because you haven't been an active participant here for many years so I have no list of positives to offset this newly-added dumbass stuff after the friendly warning on a rule--it was late, but how late was missed, and that was an error, but it was also just a warning issued, not a penalty. And you didn't PM to discuss and actually added what seems like you simply trying to insult me. Weird.

If you want to be able to sing the ole "yeah, the Gestapo banned me" to yourself and whoever likes to listen, I'm happy to help with a temp ban, given the fact you basically just **** on the warning and violated the rule again. I assume with your plan accomplished, that your satisfaction is complete!  B)

maybe now we can resume discussing the topic's article

I've gone on record saying that you guys got a hell of a player, and I'm sorry to see D-Jax gone. I realy liked him (except how he screwed over my wife's friend on a rental property). I will tell you the one legitimate complaint fans had about D-Jax, and it's not about his attitude. Too many times in big games he just disappeared. This shouldn't happen on a team with a top RB, solid TE's, and a legit receiver on the other side. But it did happen. I wonder how your OC will use him in your system. I'll be at both games this year, home and away....can't wait for the season!

I've gone on record saying that you guys got a hell of a player, and I'm sorry to see D-Jax gone. I realy liked him (except how he screwed over my wife's friend on a rental property). I will tell you the one legitimate complaint fans had about D-Jax, and it's not about his attitude. Too many times in big games he just disappeared. This shouldn't happen on a team with a top RB, solid TE's, and a legit receiver on the other side. But it did happen. I wonder how your OC will use him in your system. I'll be at both games this year, home and away....can't wait for the season!

I take this and other criticisms of Desean seriously, but I know what it has felt like to watch him play against the division, and with RG3's abilities/strengths (if he's ok in "mind and body" this season) and Garcon's type of play (another assumption being he doesn't under perform next season) it could be a particularly effective mix.  

I'm sure you can understand why even the skeptical and jaded among us are a little excited about the possibility. It's work trying to remember the last time the Redskins had such a strong likelihood of being able to accurately claim one of the top 10 WR tandems in the league. We have spent most of our years in recent memory pre-Pierre struggling to acquire a true #1, usually settling for 5-6 guys of mediocre to good (at best) skill levels, to try to generate the passing game needed.

A bit of an OT tangent here, but I view Moss as a solid, talented, #2, and having been a warrior for most of his career. He's had occasional missteps and even a handful of pure bonehead moves (I think from his frustration and competitiveness), not unlike most skilled veterans have over time, but he did a helluva lot with very little quite often, and stayed as "loyal" (supportive/cooperative) as one could ask to the organization (IMO).

Garcon gave us more a taste of the real thing (a "true" #1) in 2012 and was still on his game when Griffin and the ****pile coaching wasn't. Now we may actually have a true #1 and #2. 

Being a veteran Redskins fan, I will remain guarded, however, given the endless history of big talent showing up here for big $ with big talk, but not manifesting on the field. 

I do have a few concerns about Garcon's role being lessened even as our offense productivity (hopefully) increases, and how that might affect Garcon's head. I think that if we're winning, he'll still be a big part of it and he'll be fine.I have to consciously guard against giving the "worst case scenario" too much weight, and often prematurely, in a number of matters. But that's part of the trauma damage from being a 'skins fan.

It's a shame we all still have to add so many qualifiers and fine print exceptions to our expectations. I know, I know, I've been burned, scorched, seared, sauteed and served up too many times myself to take anyone else to task for it but it's just an observation, it's so damned hard to just be in the fanness of it.

I don't see Garcon having an issue with his stats if the team is thriving, he strikes me as a mature guy, the same way that AlMo won't be griping about his yardage if we're on the sunny side of the W/L record. DJax is a weapon and ought to be happy for at least this year, focused on showing what he's got. If anything I am wondering how Roberts will take his role and how the new staff handles issues here, but overall I'm still willing to let myself feel just a frisson of genuine hope for this season.

Archived