Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Trek

88Comrade2000

Saw it last night and I really enjoyed it. The intro scenes' humorous twist was great.

Not a perfect movie by any means but certainly entertaining. This also felt more like TOS, as this film finally settles in with the cast and characters and allows for meaningful interaction between them.

I wish there was a little more background on Krall, his history, and more detail on how he came to be. They flew through that stuff with blinding speed...I may need to see it again.

Couple first takes:* Don't much care for the CGI. The old timey models looked more believable, in my opinion.* That ship looks like a mix of Federation and Klingon design.

Certainly looks ugly. And the music they picked, at first I thought it was supposed to be Klingon. But then I decided it was actually Kahn music.

And I assume it's a preliminary, or maybe downgraded, CGI.

War with whom, the Romulans? Might explain a Klingon/Federation hybrid ship if it's a collaboration in war efforts following their alliance established at Khitomer.

I just remember that Enterprise C episode from TNG. Other than the movies, I haven't watched the Trek TV shows in years.

I just remember that Enterprise C episode from TNG. Other than the movies, I haven't watched the Trek TV shows in years.

I know the episode you speak of. If I recall correctly, the Enterprise-C, in going back to it's correct time, was destroyed defending a Klingon outpost or something against a Romulan attack which solidified the alliance between the Federation and the Klingon Empire. Not sure about a war in that time period, though, at least in the correct timeline where Enterprise-C does go back to when it belongs. In the screwed up timeline where Enterprise-C disappears into the future, you wind up with a war between the Federation and the Klingon Empire.

http://www.popsci.com/watch-smithsonian-restore-original-star-trek-enterprise-model?src=SOC&dom=fb

WATCH THE SMITHSONIAN RESTORE THE ORIGINAL 'STAR TREK' ENTERPRISE MODEL

BOLDLY RESTORING LIKE WE'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE

*Click Link for video* 

http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/10/8185787/star-trek-original-enterprise-new-movies

This is what the original Enterprise would look like in the new Star Trek movies

*Click Link For More* 

Re: Original Enterprise in the movies.

I long ago came to like the movie Enterprise better than the original.

Yeah, when I first saw pictures of the TMP Enterprise, I was properly outraged. ("You mean the warp nacelles aren't round? What are they, Klingon engines?")

But the thing has really grown on me.  I suspect that part of it was the way TMP paid so much attention to the ship, beginning with that long, teasing, flyover scene that still is maybe my favorite scene from all of the movies. 

the movie was alright.. i am really tired of the shaky camera fight scenes..   damn, it's just too hard to watch for prolonged periods, and it seemed like most of the action was shot with such quick camera movement.

Dropped my grade to a B-.
Fun movie, but slow down the shake and let me see a little bit.

~Bang

the movie was alright.. i am really tired of the shaky camera fight scenes..   damn, it's just too hard to watch for prolonged periods, and it seemed like most of the action was shot with such quick camera movement.

Dropped my grade to a B-.

Fun movie, but slow down the shake and let me see a little bit.

~Bang

I hated the "let's spin the camera every time we do a weightless shot" thing, in JJ's first one. And I'm getting really tired of it, now.

Went and saw the movie a second time, with friends.  Don't know if it was the friends, or seeing the movie a second time, but it seemed quite a bit better, this time.  I've decided that there actually is a good chunk of character presented, in the film. 

(Although the villain still really needed more development.) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2016 at 11:53 PM, PokerPacker said:

So you're going to have to pay for CBS All Access AND it will have advertisements?  They really want this service to flop, don't they?

If you want to watch it live.  If not, and you already have Netflix, they will be adding and streaming them within 24 hours after they show on CBS All Access.  The first episode will broadcast on regular CBS too.  

http://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/star-trek-everything-we-know-about-the-new-tv-series.html/?a=viewall