Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Trek

88Comrade2000

Do tell....

They had him pumped up on that Cuban coffee.

I got his autograph and the picture and made my wallet lighter. It was bucket list item I was glad to finally do. I saw him at Trek convention back in 1996 but didn't have the $$$ for a photo op and autograph.

Also, listened to his Q&A; he's funny as hell in those things.

While waiting for him to yap, saw the FONZ's Q&A.

• Like 3

They had him pumped up on that Cuban coffee.

I got his autograph and the picture and made my wallet lighter. It was bucket list item I was glad to finally do. I saw him at Trek convention back in 1996 but didn't have the $$$ for a photo op and autograph.

Also, listened to his Q&A; he's funny as hell in those things.

While waiting for him to yap, saw the FONZ's Q&A.

That's awesome haha nice job.

Actually, probably my favorite scene from TOS involved Uhura and Sulu. 

It's The Naked Time.  (Shirtless Sulu with a sword.)  Sulu comes to the bridge with his sword, and is threatening everybody on the bridge with it. 

Uhura tries to calm him, by approaching him soothingly. 

Sulu grabs her, and holds her to his side.  "I'll protect you, fair maiden!" 

Uhura looks disgusted, and pushes him away.  "Sorry, neither." 

(How they got permission to have that line, then, is beyond me.) 

Actually, probably my favorite scene from TOS involved Uhura and Sulu. 

It's The Naked Time.  (Shirtless Sulu with a sword.)  Sulu comes to the bridge with his sword, and is threatening everybody on the bridge with it. 

Uhura tries to calm him, by approaching him soothingly. 

Sulu grabs her, and holds her to his side.  "I'll protect you, fair maiden!" 

Uhura looks disgusted, and pushes him away.  "Sorry, neither." 

(How they got permission to have that line, then, is beyond me.)

I was looking for that clip, but the one I found ended before he made it to the bridge.

1701 News: 'New Voyages' Sets Will Open To Public

Ticonderoga071516.jpg

There's a good chance that no more new episodes of the fan-film "Star Trek: New Voyages" will be produced. But that doesn't mean the meticulously constructed re-creation of the original "Star Trek" sets will sit in the dark. 

James Cawley, the producer behind "New Voyages," is now opening those sets to the public in Ticonderoga, New York. The project, which has been licensed by CBS Consumer Products, will begin July 30 and include guided tours and photo opportunities.

https://media.netflix.com/en/press-releases/netflix-to-beam-new-cbs-star-trek-television-series-in-188-countries-around-the-world

Netflix to Beam New CBS “Star Trek” Television Series in 188 Countries Around the World

Each Episode of the Highly Anticipated New Series to be Available to Netflix Members Exclusively in All Licensed Territories Within 24 Hours of the U.S. Premiere on CBS

LOS ANGELES and AMSTERDAM– July 18, 2016 - Netflix and CBS Studios International today announced a landmark international licensing agreement for the new “Star Trek” television series. Netflix will be the exclusive premiere home of “Star Trek” in 188 countries (excluding the US and Canada). Each episode of the new series will be available globally within 24 hours of its U.S. premiere.

Additionally, all 727 existing episodes of the iconic “Star Trek” television library – including “Star Trek: The Original Series,” “Star Trek: The Next Generation,” “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine,” “Star Trek: Voyager” and “Star Trek: Enterprise” will be available on Netflix around the world by the end of 2016.

The all-new “Star Trek” will begin production in Toronto in September for its January 2017 premiere. The iconic and influential global franchise will return to television for the first time since 2005 with a new ship, new characters and new missions, while embracing the same ideology and hope for the future that inspired a generation.

*click link for more*

So I'm a little confused over the new series. Will it be on CBS? Or Netflix? (here in the states)...

Nevermind...just read its on "CBS All Access". So another ****ing subscription only option to watch one ****ing show? No thanks. A pirates life for me.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

No IMAX here. But sitting and waiting.

Guess I'll miss Trump's speech. :)

Man, the preview pic for that trailer:

"The director of Fast and Furious"

Yup, that's what draws me into a Star Trek movie.

Well, seems like JJ thinks it's all about "how many little bitty things can ram the Enterprise at the same time?" :)

Well, I am back from the Star Trek Beyond.   I liked the movie.  It was better

than the last one, though not as good as the first.  Still, it left me satisfied

and I will probably see it again. 

Elements of it felt like classic TOS.

The one weakness of the movie:

Lack of real development why Krall wanted the Federation gone.
I was wondering that late in the film and then we get the all too
quick scene. Yeah, that probably would've added a half hour
but t would've been worth it.

I'll give the movie a solid B+. 

They do acknowledge the passing of Leonard Nimoy's
Spock in the movie.

Stay for the credits after all the actors are listed as
they acknowledge both Leonard's and Anton's passing.

Edited by Rdskns2000

It was a good movie. I enjoyed it. I agree with what 2000 said in his spoiler comment. But it wasn't a deal breaker. The cast works well together. It was already shame that Anton passed away. He did a great job with his character. More depth there. Spock/McCoy was great. The Fx is really strong now. I hope they find ways to keep making movies in this universe. Even it's not with the enterprise crew.