Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Trek

88Comrade2000

Are you implying that Kirk was a moral high ground type? Lol

Sure. He had his own way of doing things, but he still had morals in line with Starfleet.

Worf always seems lost in Starfleet. He's probably the most uninteresting character in Star Trek. A quasi-warrior in a society that has all but banished them, but is not warrior enough to live in his warrior society of origin.

Sure. He had his own way of doing things, but he still had morals in line with Starfleet.

Worf always seems lost in Starfleet. He's probably the most uninteresting character in Star Trek. A quasi-warrior in a society that has all but banished them, but is not warrior enough to live in his warrior society of origin.

Eh...I think he toed the line when it came to morals in line with starfleet.

As for Worf...I agree his character was a bit bland most of the time, but I think you can make a case for him to be in the next series as a main character. They could start incorporating him getting back into the graces of the Klingon empire. I believe that he is supposed to eventually become an ambassador to Klingon. I also seem to remember that he did regain some status in the Empire so it could be him restoring his name even further mixing his time in the Defiant and Klingon warships

Eh...I think he toed the line when it came to morals in line with starfleet.

As for Worf...I agree his character was a bit bland most of the time, but I think you can make a case for him to be in the next series as a main character. They could start incorporating him getting back into the graces of the Klingon empire. I believe that he is supposed to eventually become an ambassador to Klingon. I also seem to remember that he did regain some status in the Empire so it could be him restoring his name even further mixing his time in the Defiant and Klingon warships

I don't. He's already in the graces of the Klingon Empire at the end of DS9. He's a member of the same house as the Klingon Chancellor.

I want something to pick up after the TNG movies. You can include characters from other series, but I want a fresh new cast.

Dorns idea was to pair Worf with a new love interest who wasn't aligned with anyone (not even the Federation). Not sure what else though...

He must need some strange...

Could probably do a tie in with species from Voyager.

A fresh new cast would be interesting...I would rather it be a new enterprise tho.

I would want a new cast.  Either someething set up between ST:TOS and ST:TNG or more likely; something set up after the Next Generation.

Further in the future would be coolest I think. Especially with the improvement in how they can make sci-fi TV look now compared to 20-30 years ago. Take advantage of that.

I also like how a lot of the series now generally have two or three storylines at the same time. TNG was mostly one episode shots. Yeah, you had character development and on-going stuff. But never a season that was really one storyline. I'd like to see a Star Trek series do that. Each season would have its over story. Some episodes could veer off for little side stuff. But they all come together in a larger story that is the entire series.

This is gonna be hard seeing the original cast die off; they're all getting up there in age.

I wish I didn't miss George Takei when he was doing something at George Mason.

I think they are all either in their 70's or 80's.  So, you know they won't be around much longer.

I know Walter and Nichelle are going to be in Miami at the end of June; though Nichelle will probably have to cancel due to her stroke.

I think I met James Doonan at Trek convention once.  I saw Shatner at a Trek Convention in Raleign, NC once. 

• 2 weeks later...

Paramount Has Invited A Fan To Help ‘Star Trek’ Return To Television

Michael Gummelt has been working on his idea for a modern Star Trek TV series for close to 20 years according to the show’s official web site. Star Trek: Uncharted — formerly Star Trek: Beyond before the talk of the third movie sprouted — is a fleshed out and fresh look for the series that seems to want a direction opposite of J.J. Abrams’ film series. There’s a diverse crew, a new galaxy to explore, and modern themes. All in the effort to grab some attention from those who hold the reigns to the franchise.

The good news is that it might’ve worked. According to Slash Film and shared on Gummelt’s web site, the long time fan is getting his chance to finally pitch the series to Paramount this summer:

“I can now officially announce that I do, indeed, have an invitation to come pitch Star Trek Uncharted at Paramount this summer! As far as I know, this is the first time a fan (not an established industry insider) has been invited to pitch a Star Trek TV series. This is, obviously, extremely exciting and I’m doing my best to get support for it from industry professionals. One of my concept cast members has read the script and expressed interest in supporting it, which is fantastic!”

Just perusing through his idea and some of the information shared over on Slash Film, it’s an interesting take for the franchise. It has that modern feel that Abrams is going for in his films, but it also seems to have a lot of ideas that haven’t been in the series to this point. Maybe something to catch the eye of the average TV viewer who isn’t a full Star Trek fan.

Sweet. This is on the idea some of us have talked about. Not a series where ever episode is a different story. But a story that goes over an entire season or series.

The part I like is the description for how the series would flow. Not as a traditional episodic piece of television, but more along of the lines of the premium series we’ve come to enjoy in the “golden age” of television:
"I believe Star Trek would feel stale and “old-fashioned” as a traditionally scripted, Four Act, purely episodic series. The best shows on TV nowadays tell their stories in a more naturalistic format, with less expository dialogue and more reliance on acting and directing to convey subtext. Stories don’t all wrap up nice & neatly, with everything back to normal by the end of an episode. One major approach that could help revive Star Trek is to present its stories in a more modern way. To that end, I’ve written the show in a “premium cable” format – along the lines of shows like Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Mad Men and The Walking Dead. There’s a theme to each season of 13 high-quality episodes and stories are told in long arcs with overlapping subplots, mysteries and character arcs. You can judge for yourself if I was successful."

More from the link.

Filming has begun on the next movie.  I would like to see cameo appearances by the surviving actors in the movie.  They won't be appearing as the roles they played on the show but for the 50th anniversary; they should make an appearance in the movie. 

http://www.treknews.net/2015/06/24/star-trek-beyond-filming-begun/

Edited by Rdskns2000

11010563_10206085519408902_2729751715170

Got to meet Nichelle Nichols yesterday at Florida Supercon.

Got to meet Walter Koenig also.  Good thing I got 2 pics with him, I look kind of silly with mouth open.

Also met Marina Sirtis again and got a professional photo and also got her autograph.

11709561_10206085487488104_2796993509981

18259_10206085441846963_1346130063593181

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 3

Actually, I came for Marina. I had her autograph from 20 years but wanted a photo with her.  I didn't have money to get Walter or Nichelle's Autograph but I figured a photo was even better.

I don't know if Nichelle did any panels this weekend; she wasn't at the one I attended with Marina and Walter.  Still, it was nice of her to keep this date and come out; so soon after her stroke. 

Walter was funny, though he did seem to be out of it a little and needed prodding from Marina.  Marina did seem a little bitter about the modern Trek.  She doesn't care for it. Walter doesn't care; he has no problem.

Actually, it was kind of sad because I know that the remaining classic Trek actors won't be around much longer.

Edited by Rdskns2000

• 2 weeks later...

Figure it might get more attention, here. 

Yeah, I had to think about posting non-small screen stuff here.  I certainly didn't want to start a new thread and I couldn't find a more generalized trekkie thread.  We should get this one renamed or something.  Plenty of discussion here about the big screen as well.

Yeah, I had to think about posting non-small screen stuff here.  I certainly didn't want to start a new thread and I couldn't find a more generalized trekkie thread.  We should get this one renamed or something.  Plenty of discussion here about the big screen as well.

Expanded the focus.  Originally, just started as me asking, if it was time to return to the small screen.

• Like 1