Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Trek

88Comrade2000

you tube video

Wow....   I didn't know any of these were out there....

They released a 3 hour Enterprise Documentary on Jan 2014?   "Star Trek: Enterprise - In a Time of War" with the original case of the Enterprise a 90 minute documentary about the story arch's of the third season of that show?[/size]

and they are releasing Axayan and Prelude to Axayan filmed as shorter documentaries with some of the original cast members of Enterprise... Excellent.[/size]

Edited by JMS

Yep we have real tricorders..

Did he earn the bounty?

Also, seeing that reminded me of the toy Tricorders that we grew up with. Plus a couple TNG phasers, a Klingon Disruptor, and a TOS Phaser.

edit: almost forgot the TOS communicator and TNG badge/communicators.

Edited by PokerPacker

Wow....   I didn't know any of these were out there....

They released a 3 hour Enterprise Documentary on Jan 2014?   "Star Trek: Enterprise - In a Time of War" with the original case of the Enterprise a 90 minute documentary about the story arch's of the third season of that show?[/size]

and they are releasing Axayan and Prelude to Axayan filmed as shorter documentaries with some of the original cast members of Enterprise... Excellent.[/size]

There's been some strong beginnings of fan films/series. It's pretty impressive.

There's been some strong beginnings of fan films/series. It's pretty impressive.

These aren't fan films are they?   "Enterprise-In a time of War" has Scott Backula,  Jolene BlalockJames L. Conway, and Dominic Keating staring in it!   They've got the original cast and it's a 90 minute film.    Did a fan organize that?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3445408/?ref_=tt_rec_tt

It's amazing some of the fan films out there..  I saw a star wars fan film a few years back which was fairly good production values...  It was about a republic fighter which crash lands on planet and the pilot has to fight his way out of various situations on his way to a space port.     You watch the thing and you are like,  ok that's pretty cool;  not absolutely professional but pretty good.   Then the credits role around and every character was played by one guy....   It was amazing.    This dude played like 14 characters in the film he wrote and directed...  his girl friend played 3 characters.   I watched it two more times.    The fight scenes were especially cool,  if not exactly professional.

Edited by JMS

They need to go into the future again with Star Trek, but get rid of the niceness. Star Trek - Fall of the Federation. It would be awesome to show the collapse then rebirth of the federation.

Or maybe even go with a Star Trek that didn't involve ships, maybe something the focused on espionage between empires or diplomats on earth. Star Trek - Section 31.

They need to go into the future again with Star Trek, but get rid of the niceness. Star Trek - Fall of the Federation. It would be awesome to show the collapse then rebirth of the federation.

Or maybe even go with a Star Trek that didn't involve ships, maybe something the focused on espionage between empires or diplomats on earth. Star Trek - Section 31.

#1, I don;t think there's this rule that says they just absolutely HAVE to completely ignore the things they've done that have been hugely popular. 

However, I admit that I keep having this notion of a Klingon Civil War.  (I think that there pretty much has to be one, after the events in Enterprise where they explained why Kirk's Klingons looked so vastly different.) 

I could see it being the basis for a Trek movie, featuring Kirk.  (My notion is that Kirk, the Galaxy's biggest meddler in other people's business, decides to stick his nose into a Klingon Civil War.) 

Or, I wonder if maybe an all-Klingon series might sell.  Kind of a Klingon Game of Thrones series, where nobody is really good or really bad, just elements of both.  (And just think of how many opportunities for Tough Guy Lines there would be.) 

I could see some Trekkies really, really, interested in an all-Klingon series.  But it's a really small group.  Don't know if a small group that's really fanatical translates into financial success.  But that might be a really good thing to do, on Netflix. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am changing my thread a little.   I will also use this thread to post Star Trek News. Will leave the original post and question: Star Trek: It's almost time for a return to the small screen or is it?

Feel free to answer the original question of comment on any new news I post.

Latest on Shatners possible appearance in Star Trek 3.

http://www.treknews.net/2014/10/07/william-shatner-chris-pine-scene-star-trek-3/

Interesting article on turning Star Trek into the next Marvel movie type franchise:

http://io9.com/how-to-turn-star-trek-into-the-next-marvel-movie-univer-1643498264?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

True, but these fans are what keeps it going.  I admit I would not only like to see that, but throw in Picard somewhere.

Picard no longer exists in the Star Trek universe (One of the really good benefits of the reboot - it completely erased the Next Generation).

Edited by nonniey

Picard no longer exists in the Star Trek universe (One of the really good benefits of the reboot - it completely erased the Next Generation).

To precisely the same amount it erased everything in the Universe except Enterprise. 

• 3 months later...

Been a while since I've updated this.  Major news on the next movie.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2015/01/21/star-trek-3-simon-pegg/

Simon Pegg, who plays Scotty in the 2 modern movies; will be co-writing the next movie currently due in July 2016.

I would push that Sept. 2016; to coincide with the 50th anniversary.

Well on the bright side, it's no longer being helmed by people I had negative faith in. On the other hand, I don't know anything about Jung, and Pegg hasn't written anything like Star Trek before. Unlike Abrams, though, Pegg was a fan of Star Trek growing up (props to anyone who watched The Animated Series), so he just may be in touch with what Star Trek is meant to be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pointing out that the article

1) States that a deal is in negotiation.
2) Then flat out states that no, no such negotiations have taken place, recently.
3) Then runs off and speculates on how great the deal will be.

But, I will note: Netflix does seem to be doing all right with the direct-to-streaming business model. It certainly seems like they've proven that it's possible to make money, that way.