Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Trek

88Comrade2000

Well duh..it's a different timeline. ;)

*sigh*

From the different timeline that brought you Pale Khan, we bring you NEW Uniforms! As a special bonus offer, we'll also include a package of Emotions for your half-Vulcan. Order in the next 10 minutes and we'll double the emotions!

It's the Starfleet Academy rugby team.

And here I was really giving them props for not only going with a slight change of the original uniforms, but actually emphasizing something that a lot of Trekkies didn't note, about the original uniforms. (The black "collar" is supposed to be actually an undershirt, with a collarless, colored, shirt, over it.)

And they had to go and **** with THAT.

Edited by Larry

And here I was really giving them props for not only going with a slight change of the original uniforms, but actually emphasizing something that a lot of Trekkies didn't note, about the original uniforms. (The black "collar" is supposed to be actually an undershirt, with a collarless, colored, shirt, over it.)

shoreleave_buff.JPG

Is that not a collar?

I always liked the red uniforms like in ST2. These one's look too much like Captain America's "old" uniform in the movies or maybe they are riding dirt bikes in the new movie?

I always thought the Monster Maroon sure was a fancy looking DRESS uniform. (Which kinda fit with their "inspection" story line). And I think it's the best uniform if your actors are older and out of shape.

Actually, I really liked the TNG-1 uniforms, for "everyday" uniforms. With the TOS/JJ uniforms a close second.

*sigh*

From the different timeline that brought you Pale Khan, we bring you NEW Uniforms! As a special bonus offer, we'll also include a package of Emotions for your half-Vulcan. Order in the next 10 minutes and we'll double the emotions!

I have more of a problem with Kahn looking kinda lanky then him being pale. I mean new khan didn't have the luxury of owning fantasy island ;).

As for the emotions, it can also be explained by the losing of his planet. In this timeline spock never did what Nimoy's Spock did. Remember, Spock rejoins Star Fleet in the beginning of Star Trek 1 after studying more on Vulcan.

Of course, it could all be bull****, and I am reading into things that aren't there...

I have more of a problem with Kahn looking kinda lanky then him being pale. I mean new khan didn't have the luxury of owning fantasy island ;).

I can see lanky being a problem, too, considering he's supposed to be super-strong and he's still human so it's not like he has super-efficient Vulcan muscles. But I mean, come on, how is he so pale? You'd never mistake Cumberbatch for an Indian Sikh. http://www.racebending.com/v4/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/startrek02.jpg

As for the emotions, it can also be explained by the losing of his planet. In this timeline spock never did what Nimoy's Spock did. Remember, Spock rejoins Star Fleet in the beginning of Star Trek 1 after studying more on Vulcan.

Except they made him emotional before the destruction of Vulcan (by the way, Delta Vega is not a planet in the same solar system as Vulcan, and even if so, how the hell was Vulcan so freaking huge in the sky? I swear it was bigger than the moon is for us. And if you're that close, how does the black hole not suck you up along with Vulcan?). They even made his decision to join Starfleet an emotional decision. Dude couldn't handle a yo mama joke to save his life. Also, whatever happened to his feud with Sarek? In the original series, Spock wouldn't even give him a life-saving blood transfusion without captain's orders. In JJ Trek, Spock seems to have more emotional outbursts than any other character.

I agree with alot of what you are saying, but what keeps me reverting back to the alternate timeline argument is the "Butterfly Effect". Because the Romulans destroyed the federation ship it sent ripples throughout time and changed alot of what we knew.

It's a stretch, but a slim possibility

I agree with alot of what you are saying, but what keeps me reverting back to the alternate timeline argument is the "Butterfly Effect". Because the Romulans destroyed the federation ship it sent ripples throughout time and changed alot of what we knew.

I think we both know that's just a lazy writer's excuse to make things his way instead of following the source material. If you're changing the core of the characters, why even bother having those characters?

Plus, the Butterfly effect still doesn't explain Pale Khan since Khan is from modern days; hell Khan already left the Earth nearly 20 years ago.

But it didn't cause a guy who was genetically engineered, in the "late 20th century" to suddenly change from being a Sikh, to British.  :)

But, seriously, I'm perfectly willing to forgive all of that.  New actors?  I don't care, as long as they do a good job.  (And I think they did.  I thought the plot of JJ Trek absolutely reeked.  But the characters, the one liners?  Those, I thought, were just great.) 

"Sir, I am Vulcan.  We embrace technicality." 

Trek has always had huge plot holes.  But, to me, it had really colorful characters.  (Even if over-stereotyped, by today's standards.) 

I think we both know that's just a lazy writer's excuse to make things his way instead of following the source material. If you're changing the core of the characters, why even bother having those characters?

Plus, the Butterfly effect still doesn't explain Pale Khan since Khan is from modern days; hell Khan already left the Earth nearly 20 years ago.

Oh Kahn doesn't get a pass...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...