Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Kirk Cousins Open to Being Traded

Smurf85

Moving KC right now is a desperation all in move with Griffin and they better pray that he comes back to 12 form or its going to haunt them this season and the next several years. I hope that KC isn't traded and if he is that they get at least a 2nd for him so that when the dust settles it at least can look like on paper it seemed like the right thing to do.

Moving KC right now is a desperation all in move with Griffin and they better pray that he comes back to 12 form or its going to haunt them this season and the next several years. I hope that KC isn't traded and if he is that they get at least a 2nd for him so that when the dust settles it at least can look like on paper it seemed like the right thing to do.

Trading the backup QB is an all in move?

LOL

Trading the backup QB is an all in move?

LOL

LOL at yourself please.

I say that because the '13 Griffin sure isn't worth signing to a long term contract is he? The teams going all in by getting rid of the insurance policy without knowing what they have in now. We all know Griffin looked great in 12 and looked terrible in 13, but what do we know about 14 yet? Nothing. We know that Cousins in 4 starts has looked like he can move the offense and with more starts could become a good starting QB in this league but do we know that? No. The truth is the QB that this team may really need in 14 could be gone Friday, and to make a move like that without knowing what you have in either is going All In on Griffin. If they are wrong about this it could destroy this team and cost a lot of people jobs

LOL at yourself please.

I say that because the '13 Griffin sure isn't worth signing to a long term contract is he? The teams going all in by getting rid of the insurance policy without knowing what they have in now. We all know Griffin looked great in 12 and looked terrible in 13, but what do we know about 14 yet? Nothing. We know that Cousins in 4 starts has looked like he can move the offense and with more starts could become a good starting QB in this league but do we know that? No. The truth is the QB that this team may really need in 14 could be gone Friday, and to make a move like that without knowing what you have in either is going All In on Griffin. If they are wrong about this it could destroy this team and cost a lot of people jobs

We've had this discussion before. You think Cousins is a future good-great starter. I don't. He's chad Pennington to me.

I'd rather have an extra high draft pick to give RG3 everything I can to help him succeed. I have plenty of questions about Griff and if he looks like he did in 13 in September then we are screwed.

If we kept Cousins, it wouldn't make a difference.

Really? Don't post like a moron.

Lighten up...it was a joke and if you bare being sensitive about a gay player...maybe you can jump on the whole " the NFL will be in a tough spot if Sam isn't drafted" school of thought. I'm raggin on him cause he knew he wasn't good enough to be drafted so he came out to up his stock...plain and simple...so basically either lighten up or ignore it...nothing about it was a moronic statement...its called a joke...

Anyways I'm about done with this whole place anyways...people bash each other all the time for their opinions which is lame...I thought it'd be fun to play with some skins fans...I'm I. Seattle and trust me when I say their fans are bad to dream with...and even worse that they finally did something g of note...but some of you guys are so soft I can't even crack a god damn joke...please...I'd listen to Sherman run mouth on repeat than deal with some one giving me crap bout a joke...

Now back to your regularly scheduled program...

I'll say it again, KC will not be traded. 

We need him to start if/when RG3 gets injured again. Not saying he's a long term solution, but at least, he gives us a chance if a disaster occurs. Any honest person will admit that an RG3 injury is..  umm...  imminent.

there is no way anyone is gonna coach the competitiveness out of him, he's gonna take off and try to make things happen, instead of throwing it away and living for another play. Unfortunately.

I'll say it again, KC will not be traded.

We need him to start if/when RG3 gets injured again. Not saying he's a long term solution, but at least, he gives us a chance if a disaster occurs. Any honest person will admit that an RG3 injury is.. umm... imminent.

there is no way anyone is gonna coach the competitiveness out of him, he's gonna take off and try to make things happen, instead of throwing it away and living for another play. Unfortunately.

While i dont agree as ive seen you bash griffin over and over, at least your reasoning at the end is actually a concern. But what chance does Cousins give us when the offense will be designed around a completely different player with a different skill set? A chance at a .500 record? No thanks get someone in here that can contribute this year.

That's also a good argument... the problem/beauty of football is that it's not a science.

I guess by getting McCoy in here and if they trade KC, they figure if RG3 gets injured, we're playing for the 1rst overall pick next year anyway.

So in one token they're saying maybe 26th is too much to give up for him, but then in the next breath talk about how the Redskins might not be wise to trade him for less than a 1st. So ... who knows.

lol So a week ago Cousins isn't worth a #2, now he might be gone with a #1.  

You guys who are counting on Cousins to be the savior of the franchise if Griffin goes down are hilarious.  You've gone from a rational argument to, making proclamations about how he's not getting traded because you say so.  If someone offers a #1, Cousins is history.  If someone offers a #2, he's probably history. 

The franchise didn't draft him to be Griffin's backup, they drafted him to trade him and "recoup" some of those "lost picks".  That's exactly what he'd be doing.  No one is going to let "what if" stop them from trading a backup QB for a high pick.  If they do, they should be fired.

lol So a week ago Cousins isn't worth a #2, now he might be gone with a #1.  

You guys who are counting on Cousins to be the savior of the franchise if Griffin goes down are hilarious.  You've gone from a rational argument to, making proclamations about how he's not getting traded because you say so.  If someone offers a #1, Cousins is history.  If someone offers a #2, he's probably history. 

The franchise didn't draft him to be Griffin's backup, they drafted him to trade him and "recoup" some of those "lost picks".  That's exactly what he'd be doing.  No one is going to let "what if" stop them from trading a backup QB for a high pick.  If they do, they should be fired.

Not sure if that's in response to me ... I'm all for trading Cousins. I was just giving a recap of the Mike and Mike discussion on it this morning. They were debating whether or not Cleveland would be wise to trade #26 for Cousins. ANd I'm not even sure how it came up, except that Greenberg asked if Cleveland doesn't go QB at #4 do they reach on someone at #26 and then mentioned maybe trading for Cousins. 

Again, I'd take a #2. And I'd expect nothing more than a #2 and never have. I was just under the impression that we would get a #3 at best, maybe a mid round #2 and a high #2 would be way best case scenario/all the chips have to fall into place. That's why I was so thrown when legit (albeit, they're primarily entertainers and facilitators) media members started throwing around 1st rounders as possibilities. 

Not sure if that's in response to me ... I'm all for trading Cousins. I was just giving a recap of the Mike and Mike discussion on it this morning. They were debating whether or not Cleveland would be wise to trade #26 for Cousins. ANd I'm not even sure how it came up, except that Greenberg asked if Cleveland doesn't go QB at #4 do they reach on someone at #26 and then mentioned maybe trading for Cousins. 

Again, I'd take a #2. And I'd expect nothing more than a #2 and never have. I was just under the impression that we would get a #3 at best, maybe a mid round #2 and a high #2 would be way best case scenario/all the chips have to fall into place. That's why I was so thrown when legit (albeit, they're primarily entertainers and facilitators) media members started throwing around 1st rounders as possibilities. 

The first statement was in response to your argument.  I think it's hilarious that people were getting ridiculed for suggesting that the Skins MIGHT get a 2nd or even a 3rd rounder for Cousins.  

The second part was definitely not in response to you, just an observation on the current state of arguments against trading our backup who might never play a snap as a Redskins again.  If the possibility of having someone other than Cousins backing up Griffin is worth a 1st round pick, then every team in the NFL would be picking QB in the first round unless they already have 2 first round QBs.  IMO, Cousins isn't a 1st round QB, but if the Browns think he is, then let them have him.  I'll take that first rounder and get 2 starters who WILL start for the team (maybe a safety and a RT).  Doesn't sound too bad to me, that's why I'm not sure why people are ******* themselves over this.  

People have been in this argument for so long that they think that their opinion is a useable point in an argument.

If someone offers a #1, Cousins is history. If someone offers a #2, he's probably history.

The franchise didn't draft him to be Griffin's backup, they drafted him to trade him and "recoup" some of those "lost picks". That's exactly what he'd be doing. No one is going to let "what if" stop them from trading a backup QB for a high pick. If they do, they should be fired.

I agree with this, but less then a second round pick I hope they pass on the offer. He is a better QB then Colt McCoy

The first statement was in response to your argument.  I think it's hilarious that people were getting ridiculed for suggesting that the Skins MIGHT get a 2nd or even a 3rd rounder for Cousins.  

People have been in this argument for so long that they think that their opinion is a useable point in an argument.

A couple weeks ago people were telling me I was a moron for even suggesting a 3rd rounder, saying we'd be "lucky" to get a 4th or a 5th with one guy saying he'd take a 6th for him. I mean ... I get arguing against a 1st or 2nd ... but to say not worth a 3rd and you'd take a 6th?

It would be a nice personal AHA SEE moment for me if we could get a 2nd, let alone 26th, since I've been arguing we could for a while and getting laughed at. Still think it's a bit of a pipe dream, but if the cards fall right, it could happen.

Lighten up...it was a joke and if you bare being sensitive about a gay player...maybe you can jump on the whole " the NFL will be in a tough spot if Sam isn't drafted" school of thought. I'm raggin on him cause he knew he wasn't good enough to be drafted so he came out to up his stock...plain and simple...so basically either lighten up or ignore it...nothing about it was a moronic statement...its called a joke...

Anyways I'm about done with this whole place anyways...people bash each other all the time for their opinions which is lame...I thought it'd be fun to play with some skins fans...I'm I. Seattle and trust me when I say their fans are bad to dream with...and even worse that they finally did something g of note...but some of you guys are so soft I can't even crack a god damn joke...please...I'd listen to Sherman run mouth on repeat than deal with some one giving me crap bout a joke...

It was moronic, I don't need to ignore it, and I don't really give a damn if you want to leave and post somewhere else. I don't know anything about you, but if the post I called moronic is a good indicator of what you bring to ES, then I don't think we'll be missing out on much. If it's not, and it was an anomaly, good. Try to keep it related to football.

I agree with this, but less then a second round pick I hope they pass on the offer. He is a better QB then Colt McCoy

I think he may be slightly better than McCoy, but from what I have seen from him so far, the difference isn't that huge. I don't think either of them would be coming in and taking us very far if RG3 went down for any extended period of time. Could Cousins end up much better? Sure, maybe. But you could say that about pretty much any mid round pick who you've seen play a limited amount of time.

The drop off in talent between McCoy and Cousins is, IMO, likely worth a 3rd rounder and DEFINITELY worth a 2nd rounder. Especially with such a deep draft at so many positions where lots of guys who would likely be 1st rounders in other drafts will fall into the 2nd and even later.

I love a good joke. I just didn't see one. It literally made no sense at all.

I think the best thing you said is that this place isn't right for you. Good luck. You're gonna need it.

Glennon was impressive last year as a rookie, IMO.  The tape and the numbers don't lie.  If Cousins played as well as Glennon, we wouldn't even be having this discussion about what his worth was.  Glennon was a 3rd rd pick, and played himself to a round better than that.  That's not unreasonable.  No way Kirk's performance warrants getting a pick 2 rounds better than where he was drafted. At least not so far.  And I like Kirk a lot, but his play of recent vintage was questionable.

Well if he was so impressive, why is Tampa trying to get rid of him?

There trying to sell high before the bottom drops out, that's why..

If the 'Skins were offered a 1st, hell even a 2nd, they'd probably trade Cousins in a hot second.

There is an assumption it seems that the 'Skins are turning down offers left and right, and I highly doubt it.  They probably have a set minimum price they want for Cousins in a trade and are merely sticking to those demands.

^^ I was all for trading down in the 2011 draft when we needed quantity and depth... but this team right now needs game changers. We have enough average to good depth players. We need the guys who instill fear in coordinators, especially on defense, and trading down makes it less likely to grab one, no matter how many people tell me how deep the draft is, lol. I swear if I had a nickel for how many times I hear that every year I'd have lunch for a couple days paid off.

So I'm taking "stand pat and take 2 impact starters" for $500 Alex. :) 

Well, all we do is trade up, and trade away picks, for that supposed impact player since Snyder bought the team, and how has that worked? We have predominantly been a team void of talent...I believe in the last 10 yrs. T. Williams, Kerrigan, RG3, and Rak have lived up to their potential, and you could easily say the verdict is still out on everyone but Williams...We do have some 1st rd talent via free agency or trade, but you could say Hall hasn't lived up to his billing, Moss, ok. But are any of those guy's spectacular???? So I couldn't be more against the thought of moving up, or staying put especially in this draft, because as much as you may think that there are no impact players in the middle rds....there is also the very real chance of drafting the impact bust in the 1st, or 2nd rd, as it is said; 50% of all 1st rd picks do not live up to their potential, and disappoint.

Trading away picks is why we are not in a position right now to take an "impact player" this draft, no matter what you might think of RG3...

Value lies with quantity, in which we never have, which is also why we never have a team stocked with talent. We have so many holes, we cannot afford to trade up, trading up in this draft is for teams who are a player or 2 away, and can afford to minimize their picks for potential superstars, and that's what we want to capitalize on, there need for a specific player!

If we fail with the abundance of talent available in this draft, we are probably going no where in the long haul regardless. One of those extra picks could be a Brady, Russell, Sherman, A. Morris, etc...2 extra picks between rds 2-4 would be huge in this draft!

When it comes to draft picks; I sure would love to try quantity for a change///////

i am reminded of a joke,

A man sees a beautiful woman in a bar walks over to her and says, "I know you don't know me but if I offered you $1,000,000 would you sleep with me?" somewhat flattered the woman says yes. Then then man asks "how about $10"

Insulted the woman slaps him and says "just what kind of a woman do you think I am"

"I think we have established what kind of a woman you are now we are just haggling on price"

- the point is as soon as you establish someone has value then sometimes it is worth taking what you can get and move on. I think Cousins is a back up level player with some starter potential. He wanted out and he was Mike Shanahans guy, I think if you can get something for him and that something can help the team then take it - the worry I have is should griffin have a bad series the call for cousins to  start  are going to come and divisions open back up in the locker room with shadows of 2013

I think value lies just as much in good scouting as it does in pure quantity. For example look at the 2008 draft. We stockpiled picks and ended up with 10 picks that year...and it was one of the worst drafts we've ever had. Yes if you have a ton of picks you're more likely to hit on a few, but only if your scouting department isn't run by idiots.

Archived