Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report that Earnest Byner to return to Washington

goskins10

It's being reported out of Tampa that Earnest Byner is coming back to Washington to be the running backs coach. I don't know that it's been confirmed yet, but if this is true, I like it. The link is below. 

He has helped Chris Johnson and Doug Martin not to mention he helped Tampa keep some semblance of a running game last year when Martin went down. 

http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/source-former-bucs-rb-coach-earnest-byner-returning-to-redskins/

This always struck me as the easiest job in football.

"Pad level, son!"

"Get those knees pumping!"

"Cover the tips!"

That's about it, right?

Except for the catching aspect and discipline/technique in the screen game.  We have sucked at catching the ball out of the backfield and running HB Screens and Draws.....sucked....terrible across the board.  I'd like to see, as would many of us I'm sure, a more well rounded utilization of our RB's.  

What about Grimm for OL to make it a full Redskin reunion?

I'll be perfectly honest I know little about Russ as a coach. What sort of backs has had under his tutelage? I know he's been out for a year, and doesn't seem to of gotten much of any HC interest since that Steelers debacle. 

Hail. 

*Edit* Lines sorry. Not backs. Typed too fast. 

This always struck me as the easiest job in football.

"Pad level, son!"

"Get those knees pumping!"

"Cover the tips!"

That's about it, right?

The biggest adjustment is teaching a back pass pro.  They have to be in sync with the rest of the O-line.  Then there's also the passing game; check - release, option routes, etc.  There's a lot of drill work that goes on to help them make the right cuts at the right moment. 

Archived