Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report that Earnest Byner to return to Washington

goskins10

Ernest Byner was one of the hardest cutters in the history of the NFL. I mean he could stick that foot in the ground and turn it up field! He's going to love working with Morris and Helu.. Both of them can cut really good too..  Maybe he can make them as good of a pass catcher as he was. I mean he did score the first TD in SB XXVI on a pass from Rypien

Does this mean Turners gone?  I thought he survived the purge and I was really hoping he would stick considering the fantastic job he did with Almo the last 2 years.  Maybe I missed something....

EB is okay but I would have given Turner the nod over him.

The hire is ok and he has worked with a lot of good backs but out of  Clinton Portis, Chris Johnson, Maurice Jones-Drew and Doug Martin he was the RB coach for only one 2,000 yard rusher, Johnson. He never coached Jamaal Lewis as a previous poster said.  Byner was a good back but never was the guy you would say, "WOW! that guy will be great. Don't get me wrong, he is a very good coach for the position so I will take the wait and see approach with him if it is true about his return. This could lead to even more production out of the backfield. I am still not sold on anyone else in our backfield except Morris. Everyone else is average at best.

.....Don't get me wrong, he is a very good coach for the position so I will take the wait and see approach with him if it is true about his return. This could lead to even more production out of the backfield. I am still not sold on anyone else in our backfield except Morris. Everyone else is average at best.

A proper NFL caliber/ size line and better run scheme should see a marked difference there.

Hail.

The hire is ok and he has worked with a lot of good backs but out of  Clinton Portis, Chris Johnson, Maurice Jones-Drew and Doug Martin he was the RB coach for only one 2,000 yard rusher, Johnson. He never coached Jamaal Lewis as a previous poster said.  Byner was a good back but never was the guy you would say, "WOW! that guy will be great. Don't get me wrong, he is a very good coach for the position so I will take the wait and see approach with him if it is true about his return. This could lead to even more production out of the backfield. I am still not sold on anyone else in our backfield except Morris. Everyone else is average at best.

Just to get the record straight.

Byner’s resume contains something that no other coach in league history can claim. There have only been six men in the history of the NFL to rush for 2,000 yards in a season, and Byner has coached two of them — Johnson this season and Jamal Lewis in Baltimore in 2003

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/sports/commentary-titans-fisher-should-explain-byner-firing

He's at the other place now. Seems to have a Betts-level jones for our new head coach.

Sounds like McD.

Say hi to him from me if you will man the next time you run into him. Always got on well with him. Particularly through the dark days of the ES QB Wars. (GLARES at dg. You're STILL wrong. But I loves yet anyway. -:) < In a purely platonic, brotherly way before some wise ass runs with that. Yes Mr. S. I'ma looking at YOU! Lol.>).

Hail.

This always struck me as the easiest job in football.

"Pad level, son!"

"Get those knees pumping!"

"Cover the tips!"

That's about it, right?

"Laces Out!" .... oh, JK. lol. thats for someone else.

"Hold the ball away from the defender!"

This is a great development and he has a lot of proven talent to work with here as well as quality up and comers..Thompson and Jamison.

Helu Jr. and Thompson are both very good at catching the ball out of the backfield.

Granted Thompson hasn't had the same success in the NFL yet, but I have high hopes for that young man.

Vic McCay is also an excellent development even if it seemed a likely appointment, have heard nothing but raves from all the players and Cooley thinks he is absolutely brilliant even though he isn't even 30 yet. Great!!!1

Is Chris Forrester still an assistant OL coach?? Grimm would be a good pick up there too although he may not leave Wisenhunt.

He has been interviewed for HC a couple of times.

Grimm has been an OL coach continuously since 97 and is very good, he even coached here as a OL coach from 92-2000

I would be ecstatic if somehow we could get Vic Fagio as the DC here.

I had to go look him up. He'd be a great pick up but the team would have to name him DC/Asst. HC. cause all he is right now is a DC, plus it would all depend on if he would be willing to leave San Fan.

Archived