Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

F the officials

RichmondRedskin88

Fellas, at some point the finger needs to be pointed towards the team. We lost today. It's really as simple as that. Teams that continually blame officials will never allow themselves to strengthen their weaknesses, because they rely on a crutch.

We lost. Plain and simple.

I don't disagree with that, and I don't think the Team is blaming the officials it is just fan discussion. But you're point is absolute, bad calls get made, the officials are human. That said Humans have agenda's, and surely from a fan perspective the Redskins have been the unfortunate receiver of timely penalties or lack thereof this year. This goes with the theme this year of everything coming together against the Skins. The team has found one way or the other to lose, from poor execution to poor coaching decisions, and the bad officiating just seems to be piling on.  Comes with losing I guess, otherwise the bad calls are forgotten. Winning, it changes everything. 

No idea.

But there is no league-wide conspiracy against the Skins.

There has been awful calls all day in every game. 

Absolutely, the timing of the awful calls this year were unfortunate for the Skins. Being a mediocre to poor team, bad calls are hard to overcome. 

It does raise an eyebrow at the timing of calls, or lack thereof, especially at home against division rivals.

as I watched the go-ahead TD at the end by Dallas, it was the very same exact play they ran a few years ago, last 10 seconds of the game, against Dallas, at home, on sunday night; only difference was, Dallas was called for offensive holding which ran the remaining seconds off the clock to seal the win for the Skins. Same exact corner of the field too !

But there is so much wrong with this team, offense, defense, special teams, coaching, field, etc, its damn difficult to start at any one place.

I'm just glad there's 1 more game and this nightmare of a season is over, and if there is a god, he will stop torturing the Redskins.

My one question was that when Murray took off running backwards on 3rd and goal and got tackled, why did the clock stop for nearly 90 seconds? Once they figured out Baker didn't take his helmet off, they stood there and essentially gave Dallas a timeout, while they 'explained' to Garrett.. who can see the big screen just fine.

That disastrously bad play and the haste it should have created was nullified by the refs dilly dallying with the whole helmet non-call.

~Bang

It does raise an eyebrow at the timing of calls, or lack thereof, especially at home against division rivals.

as I watched the go-ahead TD at the end by Dallas, it was the very same exact play they ran a few years ago, last 10 seconds of the game, against Dallas, at home, on sunday night; only difference was, Dallas was called for offensive holding which ran the remaining seconds off the clock to seal the win for the Skins. Same exact corner of the field too !

But there is so much wrong with this team, offense, defense, special teams, coaching, field, etc, its damn difficult to start at any one place.

I'm just glad there's 1 more game and this nightmare of a season is over, and if there is a god, he will stop torturing the Redskins.

Exactly what i said when i saw the last play. "Man this looks eerily familiar.." weird how similar those plays were. 

My one question was that when Murray took off running backwards on 3rd and goal and got tackled, why did the clock stop for nearly 90 seconds? Once they figured out Baker didn't take his helmet off, they stood there and essentially gave Dallas a timeout, while they 'explained' to Garrett.. who can see the big screen just fine.

I commented to my brother who was over watching the game with me that all Garrett was doing was delaying the game.  They let him do it.

The National Football League requires twenty commercial breaks per game, with ten in each half. (Exceptions to this are overtime periods, which have none). These breaks run either a minute, or two minutes in length. Of the ten commercial breaks per half, two are mandatory: at the end of each quarter, and at the two-minute warning for the end of the half. The remaining eight breaks are optional.[1] The timeouts can be applied after field goal tries, conversion attempts for both one and two points following touchdowns, changes in possession either by punts or turnovers, and kickoffs (except for the ones that start each half, or are within the last five minutes). The breaks are also called during stoppages due to injury, instant replay challenges, when either of the participating teams uses one of its set of timeouts, and if the network needs to catch up on its commercial advertisement schedule. 

illegal hit to the head on the first Dallas punt return ... shown over and over on TV while the moronic broadcast team chattered on about how much they love kissing Dallas ass 

Face mask on Murray's 45 yard run ... while morons chattered on and on

pass interference on the 4th qtr incompletion to Garcon

... today I'm with you .. F the F'n "officials" and F' the F'in league for bending over for Mara .. and F the F'in players union for showing what their price was to ignore the F'in BS that the F'in owners pulled on them

F'em all

That disastrously bad play and the haste it should have created was nullified by the refs dilly dallying with the whole helmet non-call.

~Bang

And to think a couple weeks ago the refs wouldn't stop the clock to CORRECTLY measure the ball for us becauae it would have given us an "unfair advantage" but this week they have an extended powwow with jason Garrett about someone's helmet coming off. And while we are talking about time related matters anyone else notice on one play the play clock had run down and was "adjusted" to 14 seconds?

I commented to my brother who was over watching the game with me that all Garrett was doing was delaying the game.  They let him do it.

Actually from what I saw during that exchange after that play was that Garret was getting ready to call a time out when the officials first approached him,Romo sits to pee stopped him from doing so.Romo sits to pee was smart enough to figure they were basically getting a free time out and actually made a gesture toward Garret to not burn it.It's amazing to me how many of  teams seem to play almost mistake free football when playing Washington.The amount of holding that was ignored today was ridiculous. 

It probably wouldn't have mattered, but on the 3rd down Murray run he was tackled at the 12. On 4th and goal the line of scrimmage was the 10. Given that Murray snuck into the corner of the end zone, it may have been a big 2 yards.

I thought the same thing.  He WILLINGLY gave up to the 12 yard line.  No way you could forward progress him to the 10.

We suck, plain and simple. Good teams can overcome no calls. Our offensive line got away with a number of holds as well. The better team won.

The only reason I sort of accept this, is that Haslett is a bumbling idiot.

I typed a long, detailed listing of how our roster isn't that bad until I got to coaching, deleted it all because of Jim Haslett.

We have to replace this guy.

Oh, and the refs were terrible.  We got away with some bad calls, but  RAK and Kerrigan being tackled was irritating.  But the refs did not have our players forget where to be on passing routes or even where to line up (last drive).  That was embarrassing.

I guess it would irritate me more if we actually had a reason to be playing.....paloffs and all.

We suck, plain and simple. Good teams can overcome no calls. Our offensive line got away with a number of holds as well. The better team won.

OK, so how does that in any way address the utter disaster that has become NFL officiating league wide?

Look around,, this thread is on practically every team message board, every week.

No one knows what the hell is going on, especially the officials.

Good teams don't always overcome the increasing incompetence of the refs.. The Patriots look like monsters, right? Even they get stunned by horrifying misrepresentations of the rules. Why do we see Tom Brady sprinting downfield after them to yell and scream time and again? Is it because he's REALLY a spoiled ninny who likes to cry til he gets his way, or is he out of his mind wondering how refs miss call after call after call?

Just as it is tiresome to hear fans BLAME refs for losses, it is equally tiresome to watch people wave off and ignore the absolute real problem that the officiating in the NFL has become.

It is a problem. A big one. Massive mistakes, game changers, .. they happen weekly. All over the league. The level of incompetence is unbelievable for the biggest sport in the country.

It's unacceptable, so stop accepting it under pretense that it's just us who can't get past it.

~Bang

This. Our guy was pancaked.

Since when is a pancake a foul? I just don't agree that the refs hosed us. We didn't need any help to get hosed, we did it JUST fine all on our own. There are always calls that you can look at and say, "that was a foul!" And it probably was, but the other team has those moments, too.

Again, the officiating today isn't why we lost. We lost because Dallas beat us.

I will add that the referees, at all levels that I've seen this year, are not doing their best work. With all of the rules in play they're focused on looking for this or that penalty rather than the obvious ones. I can't tell you how many times a game I've seen opposing players lined up passed the line of scrimmage to a no call. Officiating is an issue, and needs to be figured out. But it's the same for everyone, and it's not our issue. We have bigger fish to fry.

Since when is a pancake a foul? I just don't agree that the refs hosed us. We didn't need any help to get hosed, we did it JUST fine all on our own. There are always calls that you can look at and say, "that was a foul!" And it probably was, but the other team has those moments, too.

Again, the officiating today isn't why we lost. We lost because Dallas beat us.

When a d-lineman tackles an o-lineman and then lies on top of him, that holding, as the gentleman that I responded to stated. I'm not suggesting that that cost us the game, just that it was a bad no-call at a critical time in the game. That play happened just below my seats and I was surprised, as most of the people around me were, that a call was not made.

Change is inevitable here whether you like Haz or not.  My only comment on the dislike for Haz from this game is this...

We gave up 24 points... 7 gift-wrapped AGAIN from our special teams.  I would bet (probably incorrectly but it feels good) that we have allowed more points than maybe any team ever from ST and defensive scores... or drives that started inside our territory...

So, let's cite 17 points... Is it Haz's fault that Biggers doesn't make a play on Romo sits to pee on 3d down that would have saved four points in the first half?  

Haz's scheme regularly stops the run, they are not as effective against the pass and I continue to believe that is a talent issue.

Over and over this season, guys have had opportunities to make plays from our scheme and they simply don't make them.  

I hate that they rushed four on the last play, but I remember EVERYONE complaining last year about going Zero coverage on 4th and 19 last year at Dallas.  It seems the coaches are held accountable for guys not making plays.

Kyle didn't line up incorrectly on 3rd and 7 resulting in a field goal instead of a TD, Haz didn't miss a key sack on Romo sits to pee (Biggers), Haz didn't miss a tackle on Murray that turned into a 45 yard gain (Doughty)...

Inevitably, the coordinators are going... but put me in the category of more blame on talent...

~Bang

It appears that Dallas was letting the 25 second play clock run down while the officials were explaining the non-call to Garrett so they could burn some of the game clock in case they scored.

Once again I will chime in with the same sentiment and say it's not merely "missed calls" but the context of WHICH calls are missed.  I concede as a fan that in real time calls will be missed, it happens in the course of the game.

What I don't understand is how we seem to keep getting these missed calls on plays that result in huge game swings.

First, the big punt return by Dallas, there was an OBVIOUS block in the back that got the whole thing started. It wasn't even a difficult call to make.

Second, the 43 yard rush by Demarco Murray.  He hits the corner and Wilson's jersey is pulled nearly off his shoulder pad, yet no call.

Both of these penalties happened right out in the open field, in front of an official standing in the general area.  How they were not seen is pretty unbelievable.

Just awful times for non-calls.

I hate to be a conspiracy theory guy... but you have to wonder. The NFL thrives on ratings... and what better ratings than having these games set up perfectly for that. Cowboys/Philly for the playoffs? Greenbay/Chicago for the playoffs? Phantom calls, or missed calls that should easily be called? I once knew a person who had close NFL ties (a family member of an owners family) and she swore that she knew for a fact that many games are determined before they are even played. I never believed her... these days I wonder.

When a d-lineman tackles an o-lineman and then lies on top of him, that holding, as the gentleman that I responded to stated. I'm not suggesting that that cost us the game, just that it was a bad no-call at a critical time in the game. That play happened just below my seats and I was surprised, as most of the people around me were, that a call was not made.

As someone who has been a part of MANY football games, how often do you see defensive holding called on a DL?

Archived