Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

F the officials

RichmondRedskin88

the officials CAN and DO have a direct impact on the game whether you like it or not.

Yes they do, because non-calls count as much as the calls in how these games turn out.  The Redskins are not a good team.  I get it, I understand that, but to say the officials are blameless is downright hilarious.

It was bad, both sides had a lot to complain about.  But you're in a spot to stop them 4th and goal from the 10 and the d didn't make the stop. 

That said, the refs probably said they'd let them play; but they let them play too much.  Horribly officiated game.  That's what you get when you're 3-12.  Bad refs, bad calls, no benefit of the doubt. 

Bad calls didn't beat us.  10 yard cushions on 3rd and 3 on the final drive beat us.  Receivers wide open in space beat us.  Soft zone and prevent defense Haslett style beat us. Letting a receiver drift to the goal line unchallenged on 4th down beat us.  Despite the horrific refereeing we still should have won.

This is what the Redskins franchise has reduced its fan base to... wretched whiners lashing out at somebody, anybody,  to blame for our misery.  It's pathetic, sad, and without merit.

The missed call on the bomb late in the game was egregious. I mean, their LT tackled our guy. I think it was Jackson? either way, it was pathetic. 

Dan I have been here a long time by most standards and I always find you're post to be mostly accurate, lol. But I have to say on the one above there is indeed merit to it, the guy above points out the play that really changed the end of the game. FWIW I have coached youth sport(s) for many years and I know officials make mistakes, but these guys are pros and should be better than anyone else at their job. It does plant a seed of doubt as to how the officials want to see the outcome when you skip such a blatant call that is a game changer. 

dallasholding_zps34fd1124.jpg

Dan I have been here a long time by most standards and I always find you're post to be mostly accurate, lol. But I have to say on the one above there is indeed merit to it, the guy above points out the play that really changed the end of the game. FWIW I have coached youth sport(s) for many years and I know officials make mistakes, but these guys are pros and should be better than anyone else at their job. It does plant a seed of doubt as to how the officials want to see the outcome when you skip such a blatant call that is a game changer. 

dallasholding_zps34fd1124.jpg

from the replay I saw, he stone walled Orakpo.

I can't find the video but it looked clean

I laughed a little bit when they showed a replay of Trent Williams "doing a good job" against Ware. He gave up the inside to Ware and ended up somewhat tackling the guy...or...I'm sorry: "going to the ground with Ware in his arms" the refs didn't call anything against Trent Williams on that play. They called blatant egregious penalties on both teams. It isn't the refs fault that Will Montgomery developed Parkinson's disease while getting ready to snap the ball all day. They called the Cowboys when they blatantly went off-sides multiple times.

There were only two calls I saw in Dallas' favor which were not reciprocated in similar but reversed circumstances later in the game.

Our KR team touches a guy in the side of his shoulder pads and he falls down, illegal block in the back. PR almost TD to start the game for Dallas, one of our gunners gets the same sort of side push where I'm fairly certain it was mainly back, and I know for a fact I saw a hand on jersey numbers which broke a Dallas player for a huge play, and nothing was called.

Josh Wilson touches a Dallas WR's arm for about 1.5 seconds and releases prior to a badly overthrown pass sailing 15 yards away from them and out of bounds on what would have been a key stop. Instead it was defensive holding or illegal contact. Later in the game at a number of points I saw the same level of contact, some tripping, and a few passes where the defender got there early for the tackle, and nothing was called.

I don't point to a conspiracy theory though. I think the referees just suck. They have sucked in games where we're playing other bad teams and it doesn't matter. They'll suck next week against the Giants even though neither team has anything to prove. I think it is very sad that these same refs which held out last season and who are supposed to be professionals at this are so sloppy and inconsistent. I think of them like umpires in baseball- I never cared if an ump had a wide, tight, short, or tall strike zone as a batter. I only cared that they called their strike zone consistently for both teams.

I don't point to a conspiracy theory though. I think the referees just suck. They have sucked in games where we're playing other bad teams and it doesn't matter. They'll suck next week against the Giants even though neither team has anything to prove. I think it is very sad that these same refs which held out last season and who are supposed to be professionals at this are so sloppy and inconsistent. I think of them like umpires in baseball- I never cared if an ump had a wide, tight, short, or tall strike zone as a batter. I only cared that they called their strike zone consistently for both teams.

Absolutely agree with that. I just hate to see a bad call on a crucial play of the game. 

from the replay I saw, he stone walled Orakpo.

I can't find the video but it looked clean

disagree from what I remember, I had four pics but lost the first three, the above pic was on the Dez long completion. '

every call against the Cowboys was earned.  Some of the calls or lack thereof for the Redskins makes me sort of buy into the NFL agenda.  Also have you ever noticed they take TV time outs when we are driving?  Like when Morris broke off that huge run. 

Um. what?

There are no tv timeouts during a drive without a timeout, turnover, etc.

I just watched Richard Sherman intercept Carson Palmer and then spike the ball towards the crowd. Where is the delay of game flag that Josh Wilson got for doing the same thing after the fumble recovery?

He got a penalty?

are you sure?

I just watched Richard Sherman intercept Carson Palmer and then spike the ball towards the crowd. Where is the delay of game flag that Josh Wilson got for doing the same thing after the fumble recovery?

Wilson didn't get flagged.

Wilson didn't get flagged.

T.Romo sits to pee pass short right to T.Clutts to DAL 28 for 4 yards (J.Wilson). FUMBLES (J.Wilson), RECOVERED by WAS-J.Wilson at DAL 28. J.Wilson to DAL 28 for no gain (T.Clutts). PENALTY on WAS-J.Wilson, Defensive Delay of Game, 5 yards, enforced at DAL 28.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=331222028&period=3

The broadcast for some reason made no mention of this, but you could see the flag on the ground and hear the ref make the announcement while the commentators were blabbering.

Fellas, at some point the finger needs to be pointed towards the team. We lost today. It's really as simple as that. Teams that continually blame officials will never allow themselves to strengthen their weaknesses, because they rely on a crutch.

We lost. Plain and simple.

T.Romo sits to pee pass short right to T.Clutts to DAL 28 for 4 yards (J.Wilson). FUMBLES (J.Wilson), RECOVERED by WAS-J.Wilson at DAL 28. J.Wilson to DAL 28 for no gain (T.Clutts). PENALTY on WAS-J.Wilson, Defensive Delay of Game, 5 yards, enforced at DAL 28.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=331222028&period=3

The broadcast for some reason made no mention of this, but you could see the flag on the ground and hear the ref make the announcement while the commentators were blabbering.

well he did stupidly toss the ball 20 yards down field 

The call was correct.

Fully aware. Going back to my original point. Why is there no flag on Richard Sherman for doing the exact same thing?

fair question, and for me the answer is two fold.  The referees suck in general, AND...the NFL is trying to control the outcome of these games through the referees by calls and no calls at crucial key moments in the games.  If they are willing to steal 36 million of our salary cap for violating no rules...who knows what steps they would take in other places to get desired outcomes.

I'm not a conspiracy guy, with the exception that when "big money" is involved...the lines between right and wrong always seem to be blurred.  

yes, because officials are the paragon of correctness and honesty..

I hate the stupid cliche it's not the officials, it's the team that people like you love to spout around here..

the officials CAN and DO have a direct impact on the game whether you like it or not.

Personally, I think some are overreacting a bit on the officiating today. It wasn't THAT bad! Bad, to me, is the horrible call in the Steelers game.

Packers had a FG blocked. Guy for Steelers picks up the ball, then laterals it. Ball is rolling on the ground. Doofus Steeler lineman bats it forward. Granted, that's a penalty, BUT they said the Steelers never had possession. GB gets the ball back. Next play Lacy scores. HORRIBLE. And I can't stand the Steelers.

Edit: forgot to mention that the officials came up with that ruling after TWO long conferences. It's like EVERY somewhat controversial call ALWAYS goes to the team at home. That **** has GOT to stop!

/end rant

Archived