Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

F the officials

RichmondRedskin88

Officials just do what their job is and that's to be the steering wheel for the league.  If the league wants to turn right, the steering wheel (refs) turn right.  I was optimistic about this game against my good judgement.  The league wanted to make sure the Eagles vs Cowboys game meant something.  Now it does.

Um we got a late hit call, multiple off sides calls, and they called every close play correctly. 

We just suck.

Literally every fan base in every sport thinks that the refs are out to get them. Every single one.

Um the late hit was because a player hit a player in the back of the head 4 seconds late with a forearm.  Offsides was because they were offsides.  Dallas was holding most of the game including the deep throw that led to their winning TD.

Um the late hit was because a player hit a player in the back of the head 4 seconds late with a forearm.  Offsides was because they were offsides.  Dallas was holding most of the game including the deep throw that led to their winning TD.

Okay

So Dallas had penalties called against them, correct?

Refs miss calls every week but that doesn't excuse how much they suck

Once again I will chime in with the same sentiment and say it's not merely "missed calls" but the context of WHICH calls are missed.  I concede as a fan that in real time calls will be missed, it happens in the course of the game.

What I don't understand is how we seem to keep getting these missed calls on plays that result in huge game swings.

First, the big punt return by Dallas, there was an OBVIOUS block in the back that got the whole thing started. It wasn't even a difficult call to make.

Second, the 43 yard rush by Demarco Murray.  He hits the corner and Wilson's jersey is pulled nearly off his shoulder pad, yet no call.

Both of these penalties happened right out in the open field, in front of an official standing in the general area.  How they were not seen is pretty unbelievable.

Just awful times for non-calls.

Okay

So Dallas had penalties called against them, correct?

Refs miss calls every week but that doesn't excuse how much they suck

What does that got to do with anything?  If its a penalty its a penalty. There's no limit.  They held all game without a single holding call.  The WR's even held lol.  There were illegal contacts and PI un called which killed drives on us too.

What annoys me is the blatant inconsistency. Redskins get a defensive holding bs call on

A play where the defender doesn't impact the receiver. Our receiver has his jersey stretched out and another time is clearly manhandled and nada.

The missed call on the bomb late in the game was egregious. I mean, their LT tackled our guy. I think it was Jackson? either way, it was pathetic.

Yeah that was terrible.

Officials just do what their job is and that's to be the steering wheel for the league.  If the league wants to turn right, the steering wheel (refs) turn right.  I was optimistic about this game against my good judgement.  The league wanted to make sure the Eagles vs Cowboys game meant something.  Now it does.

I'm willing to bet that none of the officials on the field today even knew who Dallas is playing next week, nor do they care unless they were already assigned to that game.

They were blatantly holding on almost every play, just as always. Several times even tackling our pass rusher. And the officials didn't call it once. As always when we are playing the Crackgirlz. Doesn't matter this year, but one year (hopefully, next year and beyond) it will.

This is what the Redskins franchise has reduced its fan base to... wretched whiners lashing out at somebody, anybody,  to blame for our misery.  It's pathetic, sad, and without merit.

yes, because officials are the paragon of correctness and honesty..

I hate the stupid cliche it's not the officials, it's the team that people like you love to spout around here..

the officials CAN and DO have a direct impact on the game whether you like it or not.

How about that one play where Trent Williams wrapped his arm around a Dallas lineman on a running play to the other side and brought him down?  That happened right in front of the referee and he didn't call it.   The ref must not have gotten the call from the league yet to "steer it" to the Cowboys.

You know I don't want to usually make it about the officials.  But shame on them and shame on the NFL.  No holding, no illegal contact, no PI,etc.  Unbelievable. 

Dude they get paid a lot of money by Jerry Jones, their not suppose to throw flags on Dallass! But the refs didn't stop Haslett from blitzing on 4th down when he should have. He made that stupid ass decision all on his own.

yes, because officials are the paragon of correctness and honesty..

I hate the stupid cliche it's not the officials, it's the team that people like you love to spout around here..

the officials CAN and DO have a direct impact on the game whether you like it or not.

Bull****.  Seriously.  All due respect, but bull****.  

Um we got a late hit call, multiple off sides calls, and they called every close play correctly. 

We just suck.

Literally every fan base in every sport thinks that the refs are out to get them. Every single one.

The tackle of Rakpo should stop, it alters the game. Today if that gets called on the long completion, the Skins win. But I do agree bad calls are going to happen, and you have to play above that. 

What I don't understand is how we seem to keep getting these missed calls on plays that result in huge game swings.

Just awful times for non-calls.

This

The NFL is trying to control the outcome of these games through the referees by calls AND non-calls. I watched Kerrigan get ****ing mauled all day long, and again the only holding call I saw called the whole game was on our defense.  I watched our defensive lineman get tackled to the ground several times.  No holding.  None.  Non-existent.    

The illegal block in the back on our kick off return at the end of the game?  Again, where was that call on the Dallas return early?  We have a chance to move the ball down the field and kick a field goal, and they save that call for when it really makes a difference...right at the end of the game.  You get the sense that the Redskins must be absolutely perfect on every single play, and everybody else does not.  

Archived