Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS Sports: Snyder, RG3 made mistakes, but this Redskins disaster is all Shanahan(s)

killerbee99

What utterly blows my mind here is an absolute clown of a journalist like JLC can see what a lot of Redskin fans still refuse to see. 

Hail. 

I too had my eyes closed, up until the holding back of Alfred Morris and the overall lackluster effort of the team. The proof is is, Shanahan had his chance, he wasn't going to quit because of RGIII's injury, he didn't quit because the team went on a miracle run and the spot light was very warm. 

... but I still have a lot of faith that Dan will now go down the path he initially should of with better advice and ultimately turn this full circle to be remembered as the best owner we've ever had.

Haaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha!!!!  

Haaahahahaha!!

Oh, Man!   Hahaha!

ha he ha...

Who is this, Mrs Snyder?

So phewwww good thing we know Dan hasn't been a problem since he started taking ownership.  The whole Shanahan situation is a Dan scheme to get on hardknocks and tell Chucky to bad that's the way it's going to be.  All kidding aside, Dan isn't entirely innocent no matter what is said.  He is always a fan first of the Washington Redskins and is just like a gambler when he keeps thinking "I will show the world this year that I got it right!"   We need to get a respectable GM in here to run the process, not Dan sitting down and going "Mike has a superbowl I like him."  This franchise sucks, and Dan is just as much to blame as anyone for our embarrassment since he's been here.  Even hearing reports he went to Dr. Andrews with RG3.  I doubt Robert Kraft went to Tom Brady's MRI or any of the coaches.  This was the event that I thought mehhhh I'm not sure if this is normal but Snyder is still very much involved in the Redskins.  I'm thinking we will never know what really happened.  A report comes out that Dan gave RG3 special treatment, and 2 more come out that the Shanny's are a big problem.  

This is just my 2 cents---

There have been so many players and coaches to come to Washington to get Snyder’s money.  For a while I didn’t know if Snyder was an owner that wanted to win.  I think he wants to buy success instead of building a winning team, like Dallas did when Jimmy Johnson’s first year, they went 1-15.  But, they built a team; I don’t think Shanahan can truthfully coach a team with his son doing such a F@#ked-up job, and not fire him for the job he has done, if this had been any other team and Kyle’s last name wasn’t Shanahan, he would be fired, but again they just want the money.  They don’t care about us the fans or the players, if they did, the Redskins would be a lot better off than they are right now.  Look around the league decisions are being made that makes teams better each week; the Redskins have fallen short because the owner wants to buy a Super Bowl Championship.  STOP TRYING TO BUY A CHAMPIONSHIP, we can’t change the owner but maybe, just maybe he will stop giving money away without thinking it through.   

It is, but as Zoony has alluded to, Snyder has no idea how to manage people.

This is a guy who at age 34 became the owner of the team. His business experience prior to owning the team was essentially riding the 1990s tech boom and selling out on top. He sold a bunch of crap products and then sold his overvalued company.

He never had to "manage" anybody or any egos. He just hired and fired, never developed.

That is the big issue with Dan and has been demonstrated throughout his ownership. He isn't a builder or manager, he is a salesman. He sells hope, he sells big names with the Redskins.

If he really understands at age 50 that you need to build and develop, not buy and sell, this team has some hope.

I just don't think Dan Snyder is that bright of a guy. But he is a fantastic salesman

I think you might be overestimating what is required of Snyder as the owner. If he empowers Allen and a GM, he doesn't need to build or develop anything.

The key failure with Snyder has been not giving control to the right people. He's either kept too much for himself or he's given too much to legendary coaches. If he can correct that and allow Allen, a GM, and the coaches to work together to build and develop a team, we will be fine.

I think you might be overestimating what is required of Snyder as the owner. If he empowers Allen and a GM, he doesn't need to build or develop anything.

The key failure with Snyder has been not giving control to the right people. He's either kept too much for himself or he's given too much to legendary coaches. If he can correct that and allow Allen, a GM, and the coaches to work together to build and develop a team, we will be fine.

I can't say that I'm comfortable with Allen picking players.  My gut says it wouldn't work out well and my gut says that's exactly what is going to happen.  I hope we get a good coach who is secure enough to bring in other good coaches.

Here's the deal.... I'm with the "Shanny is the big problem here" crowd. 100%. However, that in itself is an indictment of Snyder. Yes, I'm ok with pinning this failure on the Shanny and friends, but that doesn't explain away the other 10+ years of failure under Snyder. He's hired five coaches now and assuming Shanny isn't here next year, none of them will have fulfilled their contracts for one reason or another.

I don't think its ill intentioned--- I think Snyder tries very hard and I think Shanny burned him. But the bottom line here is the results are consistent with the results long before Shanny arrived.

I guess it's the football mentality that there needs to be a winner and a loser in this; a good guy and a bad guy. Personally, I blame them all.

i dont think anyone is claiming Snyder is without fault during his tenure. He's committed some pretty substantial mistakes and that shouldn't be forgotten. However, as was my position Sunday when this whole situation began to unravel, this recent failure is on Shanny and Shanny alone. yes Snyder hired Shanny, so intuitively, according to some posters on this board, he's ultimately responsible. Sorry i don't buy that perspective, because it relies on hindsight bias. Did anybody feel that way in 2010, when he was hired? Did anybody hold that opinion last year after making the playoffs? 

Snyder was certainly at fault when he hired a QB coach with no coordinating experience to be his head coach. But i i don't fault Snyder for hiring a head coach with the kind of pedigree Shanahan had. Thusly, i don't fault Snyder for the current state of events, regardless of how miserable it has become. 

I really wish they would just turn this into a tv show, that way at least we could pull for the characters we like, instead of just waiting until Sunday to watch the team get destroyed.  

Honestly, if "The Redskins" became a television show, I bet it would have great ratings, with all the drama that perpetually surrounds this team.  I'd watch.  It would be far better than watching them play football, more entertaining anyway.

What utterly blows my mind here is an absolute clown of a journalist like JLC can see what a lot of Redskin fans still refuse to see. 

Hail. 

I just don't care.  I don't want to make myself more miserable by finding every little malicious fact.  As far as I'm concerned, this Shanny thing is already in the past.

I actually like this last little thing he's doing though.  Said in another thread:  the only way this thing gets worse is if, oh, I dunno, RG3 gets hurt again.  Shannahan, while knowingly on his way out the door, is eliminating that possibility, and introducing the possibility of a draft pick for Cousins.  2 things that would help the future of this franchise which he won't be involved in.  Awfully nice of him really.  So thanks for that, Mike.  Now buh-bye.  In the mean time, I don't really care to know in what particular ways he screwed up.  

To be fair, it seems the fans on this board are well ahead of what I've been hearing from the media, which has too much reflexive anti-Snyderism.

the fans on this board are the biggest group of mellow dramatic drama queens ever assembled. they likely hate their job( if they have one), hate their woman( if they have one), or hate both(I doubt they have either).

fellow skins fans drama is the most embarrassing part of this whole non-spectacle.

Does JLC lurk on these boards or something?

probably. he also set the bar for the most incorrect "insider" we have ever seen. filed closely by old tubby himself j. Reid. There was actually a story once sky how lacan found a story here and ran with it. problem was it was an inside joke played on him. this board was his "source". of course that was back before the drama queens took over

the fans on this board are the biggest group of mellow dramatic drama queens ever assembled. they likely hate their job( if they have one), hate their woman( if they have one), or hate both(I doubt they have either).

fellow skins fans drama is the most embarrassing part of this whole non-spectacle.

Yeah, because your HC isn't creating that drama for them on a daily basis and dragging your teams name through the VERY public mud whilst decimating it as best he can as a parting gift.

Haaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha!!!!

Haaahahahaha!!

Oh, Man! Hahaha!

ha he ha...

Who is this, Mrs Snyder?

That's fair and fine given his past.

I will add to the original point and clarify by saying if he now does what I believe he will and makes the right choice in that position, and the GM subsequently picks the right guy; with 10 leading us on the field, the glory days could well return and surpass what went before before this owners done.

Set it up right, and the potential is limitless.

Hail.

Archived