Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS Sports: Snyder, RG3 made mistakes, but this Redskins disaster is all Shanahan(s)

killerbee99

Can you imagine how painful it is for RG3 to work for both Mike and Kyle. I feel sorry for him, rubbing his face in the dirt, sorry kid, you are inactive.

Yeah Kyle did RG3 a favor and FINALLY let his QB take snaps from pistol/shotgun.  Before that as you all know, Kyle the OC guru shunned shotgun and even hurry up, which have been staples on all the offensive power houses league wide for a decade.

Kyle by FINALLY catering his offense to his QB by getting him out from under the centers every freaking play, coupled with the D cranking it up late, gets into the playoffs. This year, it was back to my way or the highway, the offense was horrid all year, and they are pretending like its RG3s fault of course.

Remember those opening plays in New Orleans, when RG3 was able to make reads at the line, packaged plays?

I have a theory. Kyle stripped his ability to do pretty much anything at the LOS because it was clear RG3 was stealing his show. Kyle quickly lost control of exactly what was happening on the field and pulled the plug on it fast. Ignoring the dominance of RG3 when allowed those freedoms combined with a quick short passing game, Kyle started implementing plays that did not cater to Roberts strengths. I am sure he would tell you Robert had to learn. Not him. Bunk. We are trying to win a super bowl not ruin a QB.

The run game and play action got us through the end of last year once the packaged plays got the ax, and now that defenses adjusted to the run game and PA, Kyle's play calls have been dead in the water. Stubborn as his dad, refusing to address the issue and let Robert do his best things that I have seen, packaged plays and quick passing.

And here we are, their solution was to bench RG3. 

It's unbelievable.

Many of us found fault with Kyle all year long and we were met with resistance "its the defense, man!" Kyle got a little slack from me for FINALLY using hurry up, but it was maybe one series every other game. Big ****ing deal.

Our offense sucked yet was outscored by our sucky defense for first halves for much of the year.

Get the 2 clowns out of here.

This post belongs in that wild ass theory for laughs thread.

Unless you actually believe this BS, then carry on.

So let's sum this up.  We have fans who believe since us Redskins fans talk about the issues on an opinionated messageboard, we apparently are the few fans who hate our wife/girlfriend, and have no friends.  Makes complete sense.  What are we classified as if we have quite a few friends, love our wife/girlfriend, and also love the Redskins enough to talk about it on a messageboard and have opinionated discussions?  

We have a few who already know 100% our franchise failure's are because of the Shanny's no questions asked and anyone who sees different it just dumb, stupid, and isn't a fan. Now even JLC sees what our "stupid fans" cannot see.

Then we have the anti Dan crowd who is 100% guilty of ruining the Shanny's.

Now Kyle is legitimately calling gameplans to make RG3 fail?

This is fantastic!

It's great to be proved right by so many sources, this one in particular doesn't have any love lost with Snyder. This article tells it like it is, Shamaham picked the personnel (RGIII) included. Snyder would have sued if Snyder meddled with the players and it is well documented by players, staff and others that Shamaham runs the circus. So all this jive *** BS is just Shamaham trying to exploit a well seeded dislike for an owner that has done everything Shamaham asked of him.

Good Riddance you weasel nit wit megalomaniac loser, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I said it was a theory

Unless you actually believe Mike's BS, then carry on.

Your theory is that Kyle modified his play calling and game plan because Robert was becoming too successful and thus stealing his spotlight? Then you follow it up with "unless you actually believe Mike's BS". You think that your theory is any more logical than Mike’s so called BS? Are you wearing a tin foil hat when you type this nonsense?

I don't think Kyle's problem's on offense are ego, the ego comes in how he handles lack of production.

I think Kyle's problem is ability. He's not there yet as an OC. Kyle needs to grow as an OC. In Houston he was handed the keys to a ready made offense. They had all the pieces and were already a very productive unit before (and since) he took over as OC/playcaller. He was groomed in one system and that's all he knows.

:(

DG, was it you who i was talking to about shanny and kyle seemingly putting alot of emphasis on stats? as in, it seems like they want to lead the league in passing, or rushing, or total offense rather than coaching to win games?

i have sort of come to believe that, and i cant really put my finger on why (and this was before shanny post san fran game comment on our high offensive ranking). 

anyway, i just read this link in another thread and saw this statement by plummer  I thought it was interesting. 

""Plummer indicated Shanahan seemed to become increasingly obsessed with the Broncos’ NFL rank in offense or defense instead of the win-loss record.

“It’s hard on a team. We were 7-2 at one point my last year and we came out of a meeting with our heads bowed and we were all just sulking around like we had just been berated for not putting up 40 points, for not leading the league in offense, for not creating enough turnovers,” Plummer said.

Can you imagine how painful it is for RG3 to work for both Mike and Kyle. I feel sorry for him, rubbing his face in the dirt, sorry kid, you are inactive.

Yeah Kyle did RG3 a favor and FINALLY let his QB take snaps from pistol/shotgun.  Before that as you all know, Kyle the OC guru shunned shotgun and even hurry up, which have been staples on all the offensive power houses league wide for a decade.

Kyle by FINALLY catering his offense to his QB by getting him out from under the centers every freaking play, coupled with the D cranking it up late, gets into the playoffs. This year, it was back to my way or the highway, the offense was horrid all year, and they are pretending like its RG3s fault of course.

Remember those opening plays in New Orleans, when RG3 was able to make reads at the line, packaged plays?

I have a theory. Kyle stripped his ability to do pretty much anything at the LOS because it was clear RG3 was stealing his show. Kyle quickly lost control of exactly what was happening on the field and pulled the plug on it fast. Ignoring the dominance of RG3 when allowed those freedoms combined with a quick short passing game, Kyle started implementing plays that did not cater to Roberts strengths. I am sure he would tell you Robert had to learn. Not him. Bunk. We are trying to win a super bowl not ruin a QB.

The run game and play action got us through the end of last year once the packaged plays got the ax, and now that defenses adjusted to the run game and PA, Kyle's play calls have been dead in the water. Stubborn as his dad, refusing to address the issue and let Robert do his best things that I have seen, packaged plays and quick passing.

And here we are, their solution was to bench RG3. 

It's unbelievable.

Many of us found fault with Kyle all year long and we were met with resistance "its the defense, man!" Kyle got a little slack from me for FINALLY using hurry up, but it was maybe one series every other game. Big ****ing deal.

Our offense sucked yet was outscored by our sucky defense for first halves for much of the year.

Get the 2 clowns out of here.

Back to reality...

You don't know what play was called. You don't have a clue what plays were supposed to be short or long passes. You don't know what anyone was thinking. And you don't have the slightest idea why a given play was called in any situation, why it failed or why it succeeded.

Other than that, I'm sure you are spot on.

I don't think Kyle's problem's on offense are ego, the ego comes in how he handles lack of production.

I think Kyle's problem is ability. He's not there yet as an OC. Kyle needs to grow as an OC. In Houston he was handed the keys to a ready made offense. They had all the pieces and were already a very productive unit before (and since) he took over as OC/playcaller. He was groomed in one system and that's all he knows.

You forgot the part about them falling apart since he came here. 

Your theory is that Kyle modified his play calling and game plan because Robert was becoming too successful and thus stealing his spotlight? Then you follow it up with "unless you actually believe Mike's BS". You think that your theory is any more logical than Mike’s so called BS? Are you wearing a tin foil hat when you type this nonsense?

Mike's "so called BS"?  He is the king.

Mike has created a nonsensical mess; I blame him if my post makes no sense to you.

He has created a complete mess, yet people actually want him retained and are happy that he deactivated our franchise player.

Are you one of those, by chance?

Mike's "so called BS"?  He is the king.

Mike has created a nonsensical mess; I blame him if my post makes no sense to you.

He has created such a mess, yet people actually want him retained and are happy that he deactivated our franchise player.

Are you one of those, by chance?

I don't have an opinion as to whether he should be retained or not and yes I am very happy that he has deactivated Robert. There is no down side to him not playing. You blame Mike for your post not making any sense? I'll have what your drinking. Make mine a double.

So someone clear me up on this

if Snyder fired Shanny now, he owes him 7 mill

So what happens after the season? Doesn't he still owe him 7 mill?

Why not just do it now and avoid all the awkwardness on the sideline?

Hopefully it's Snyder trying to show that he's not meddling anymore.

I don't have an opinion as to whether he should be retained or not and yes I am very happy that he has deactivated Robert. There is no down side to him not playing. You blame Mike for your post not making any sense? I'll have what your drinking. Make mine a double.

Mike has played this so well, fans and media are debating this to no end, because it is filled with high drama he said she saids... yes theories abound since Mike has muddied up the waters so much.

I am sure you have noticed. If everything makes perfect sense, there is no debate to be had. Yet here you are.  But  you are not sure that you want him back?  Talk about nonsense! 

Lets look at just the recent events.

Offense that cannot score in first halves.  Horribly inconsistent. Evolving at a snails pace. Just finally adding hurry up. Healthy all year.

Perennial near league worst defense. The move to 3-4, obviously a failure. D a failure everywhere he goes.

Special teams - maybe the worst in a decade. Maybe ever.

Not replacing any coordinators / assistants. Cannot replace his OC no matter what.

Leaks from him / his staff undermining the team. The latest stunt, before kickoff of all times.

Deactivates/Alienates our franchise player less than 2 years after using 4 picks to acquire him. Healthy.

Deactivates no other players, despite failures in every aspect of the game.

All this in a 3-10 year, in year 4 of a rebuild. In a pancake division! Shown up by a rookie coach. Easily. Twice.

Yet plays the innocent victim to the media. 

Double it is.

Care to counter the reasons you are pondering keeping him?

I think you might be overestimating what is required of Snyder as the owner. If he empowers Allen and a GM, he doesn't need to build or develop anything.

The key failure with Snyder has been not giving control to the right people. He's either kept too much for himself or he's given too much to legendary coaches. If he can correct that and allow Allen, a GM, and the coaches to work together to build and develop a team, we will be fine.

Exactly Snyder goes to one extreme or another. Finding the middle ground is a sticky wicket for Danny boy.

Exactly Snyder goes to one extreme or another. Finding the middle ground is a sticky wicket for Danny boy.

That is not unusual, it seems.  It's called learning the hard way!

Are you a hockey fan? Look at Ted Leonsis and the Capitals. Dumped AOL stock for a kings ransom. Go get Jagr! Ouch that hurt. Ted learned his lesson. It landed him Ovi. We got RG3. 

GMGM hires Bruce, mega offense. GMGM hires Dale, mega defense. No in between. In comes Oates, finally, who is trying to find that happy medium.

The parallels are not that far off. It takes time to zero in on just how to be an effective owner.  

At least no one ever questioned where their allegiance is.

I cannot get over believing that Mike's allegiance is to his son first and foremost. Who could blame him.  But who knows how that affects our team, and the development of one RG3.

While Dale neutered Ovi at least he wasn't dumb enough to scratch him.

That is not unusual, it seems.  It's called learning the hard way!

Are you a hockey fan? Look at Ted Leonsis and the Capitals. Dumped AOL stock for a kings ransom. Go get Jagr! Ouch that hurt. Ted learned his lesson. It landed him Ovi. We got RG3. 

GMGM hires Bruce, mega offense. GMGM hires Dale, mega defense. No in between. In comes Oates, finally, who is trying to find that happy medium.

The parallels are not that far off. It takes time to zero in on just how to be an effective owner.  

At least no one ever questioned where their allegiance is.

I cannot get over believing that Mike's allegiance is to his son first and foremost. Who knows how the that affects our team.

I'm not 100% sure it's even to his son. If we're to believe Kyle, he was completely caught off guard and believes RG3 should be playing. Now, we don't know if Kyle is telling the truth or not.

Mike has played this so well, fans and media are debating this to no end, because it is filled with high drama he said she saids... yes theories abound since Mike has muddied up the waters so much.

Care to counter the reasons you are pondering keeping him?

Exactly.  Lets even run with what Shanny wants us to believe which is he is an offensive mastermind whose offense was foiled by a QB he never wanted, who just isn't very good, and kills team morale thanks to his close relationship with the owner -- if RG3 wasn't on the team, any reputable QB would execute his brilliant scheme to a tee and they'd be right on course with Shanny's preseason motto which was --  "Superbowl or bust."  

Even if we give him ALL of his IMO wacky and delusional leaks as truth.  It still doesn't take away what got him fired in Denver which was the dude knows offense, but struggles with most everything else, especially defense.  This is exactly what has happened here. 

Under Shanny:

we have one of the worst defenses in the league

arguably the worst special teams in the history of the NFL

Poor clock management

An undisciplined, heavily penalized team

This is the type of stuff that got Shanny ultimately fired in Denver and likely part of the reason why this dude has only won 1 playoff game in 14 years.  Lets give him the he is an offensive genius and everyone else is at fault, not him, when things go wrong.  Fine.  Lets go crazy, Shanny.  Bottom line is Mike Shanahan wasn't hired to be our offensive coordinator, he was hired to be head coach.   And even if we go with his wacky its everyone's fault but his when it comes to offensive failures -- that's still only 33% or so of the game.  How can you argue the rest hasn't been an absolute train wreck.

This entire time you've been calling out Shanahan for being the leak of most of these stories, which again have done nothing to help Shanahan at all.  But since he's an evil genius and master manipulator this must just be one of those few times that he has failed.

How do you have no problem with anonymous leaks when it's apparent you are attributing the vast majority of them to some evil Shanahan plot where he is the anonymous leak?

Isn't it possible these anonymous leaks also have an agenda?

Again if an investigation shows that Shanahan was indeed the leak then fine.  I am already on the fire Shanahan side and have been for a while, but it's because of his record not because I jumped on every rumor coming out of the media.

So an unnamed source in a piece equates to leaking a whole piece now?

I see. Interesting take. 

And again, given the recent leaks over the last few weeks have been designed to both denigrate the QB and bait the owner, and they've all been put out through media sources close to the HC who trusts very few in the media; it doesn't take Columbo to deduce where they originated from. 

Hail. 

So an unnamed source in a piece equates to leaking a whole piece now?

I see. Interesting take. 

And again, given the recent leaks over the last few weeks have been designed to both denigrate the QB and bait the owner, and they've all been put out through media sources close to the HC who trusts very few in the media; it doesn't take Columbo to deduce where they originated from. 

Hail. 

You're telling me that no one else leaks things to Schefter and Graziano except Shanahan?

You're telling me that all these leaks are designed to show Shanahan in a positive way?  Name one of these leaks that has reflected favorably on Shanahan?

- RG3 and Danny get along?  Who cares?

- Shanahan didn't want RG3?  Why would Shanahan say he didn't want to draft the ROY?  Because he wanted Tannehill?  What exactly has Tannehill done that suggests Shanahan would admit to preferring him over RG3?  If I am Shanahan and I did actually want Tannehill over RG3, after seeing how both of them did last year, I'm not telling a soul that I wanted Ryan freaking Tannehill over RG3.  It's like Bill Polian leaking that actually wanted Ryan Leaf but was forced into Peyton.

- Shanahan wanted to quit on the team prior to their playoff game?  Well of course because nothing makes you more attractive to future employers than knowing you would walk out on the team and leave them in a lurch when they need you.  Yep makes sense.

Again, which of these are supposed to be helping Shanahan's image so much that he's the one leaking them?  It couldn't possibly be someone who wants Shanahan gone, could it.  Now is it possible that it is Shanahan?  I suppose it is possible but if that's so he is dumber than a screen door on a submarine.  But you all seem to think it's this evil genius doing this.  The two are completely counterintuitive. 

I have no clue what you are getting at with the "unnamed source equates to leaking a whole piece" question.  You said you have no problem with anonymous sources as long as the journalist does his due diligence to confirm it.  So near as I can tell whichever articles support your theories were well-researched and bear no hint of journalistic license but all these articles that Shanahan apparently leaked the journalists are frauds who released it without checking them out.  Got it.  Again, selective application of beliefs.

Epoch, given the price we paid the report that he didn't want Griffin absolutely paints him in a positive light. That trade looks horrible for the Redskins right now. They could have Tannehill, Wilson, Cousins, etc. plus 4 other starters (after this coming draft) for the price they paid to have a QB who doesn't deserve to be playing right now.

If Cousins runs this offense well over the final 3 games, Shanahan will pretty much show that we would be in a much better spot (team wise) with Cousins + 2 additional starters + a first-round pick this April than we are right now.

Archived