Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Shanahan Press Conference: "I haven't made a decision on the starting QB **UPDATE** per John Keim: Cousins will start

Boss_Hogg

Emotion leads to bad decision making.

That said, this isn't he worst emotional decision in the world.  If there is a new coaching staff next year, then RG3 working on the field for these last few games won't help him in the new offense. 

Red Lobster then said he's worried about the playing surfaces (turf) against the Falcons and Giants yet he throws RGIII in the sandpit against the Seahawks.

There is no worse playing surface than FedEx in the fall. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stay strong Robert, stay strong...we love you and the crazy old man is going away soon.

It's almost like he has a checklist of "ways to screw up the franchise on the way out the door."

Create a completely unnecessary quarterback controversy? Check!

Find a way to plausibly throw a game against a team in competition for the #1 overall pick (a pick you do not have)? Check!

I look forward to an offseason of the Rams having the #2 overall pick while we endlessly debate RGIII versus Cousins.

A part of me wants Cousins to start and throw four touchdowns. It would be glorious.

Red Lobster then said he's worried about the playing surfaces (turf) against the Falcons and Giants yet he throws RGIII in the sandpit against the Seahawks.

I swear, emotions and dislike for the man is making people illogical.

You don't think there's a difference in choosing to play him in the Seattle Playoff Game with a chance to go progress towards a Championship and choosing to play him in three games at the end of a season where there's no hope for post season play and only thing to look forward to is the off season and following year?

There's plenty of reason to question this move by Shanahan (As GHH alluded to for example), but comparing it to him playing him in Seattle is just ridiculous.

Yes so he can collect a cool $7 million for doing nothing.

I guess.  It kind of destroys his chances of coaching again.  The worst thing that you can do at an interview is talk **** about your previous boss.  I'm guessing that sabotaging your last team wouldn't put him on any short lists.

Not saying you guys are wrong, but this is his last coaching job if true.  Unless the league hates Snyder that much that he'll get high fives.

I support this.  Robert can learn from watching.  The combination of a bad O-line and Robert's inability to do something as simple as sliding protection will get him killed!  And for no reason.  I still believe he's the future but he needs a full off season.  You need to protect Robert from himself right now.  Kirk is not the long term answer.  He doesn't have the arm strength.  But Robert can learn the mental aspect by watching Kirk. 

Case in point.  KC kept running the same over load blitz that Robert has been seeing all year.  Philly has, Giants, Chargers, Broncos, etc ran the same blitz.  Robert was taking the sack or making a hurried throw.  Kirk sees it and immediately steps up to the line and yells '39 is the mike!'  That tells the O-line to reset protection and to slide to that side.  The O-line picked it up beautifully and Kirk had the time to get the ball to the lumberjack; who was hit hard and lost the ball but the penalty off set that.

Plus, Robert needs to heal his relationship with the rest of the team.  He needs to show he's a team player for once.  He can't pout like he did for the Cleveland game.  He needs to humble himself and learn how to become an NFL QB.

I guess.  It kind of destroys his chances of coaching again.  The worst thing that you can do at an interview is talk **** about your previous boss.  I'm guessing that sabotaging your last team wouldn't put him on any short lists.

Not saying you guys are wrong, but this is his last coaching job if true.  Unless the league hates Snyder that much that he'll get high fives.

He does not need another job after the money Snyder has given him.

its funny how you can quicly bench RG3 but yet keep the same sorry people at nearly every other position on the team despite poor-to-avearge performances. We havent brought in another kicker or punter all year to compete. We have the worst O-line in the league but no one ever gets replaced. We have a pro bowl caliber TE on the bench who never gets in the game. All of this is just on O. I havent even gotten to our terrible D and Special Teams yet

Mike's 61, he's made $28 million in four years.

I don't think he's interested in working anymore.

Archived