Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: KC game: Lowest Attendance Ever for a regular season game at FedEx

MarkB452

Team reports 56,247....much lower than the previous low.

Here were the previous lows, from lowest to highest.

1. Jan. 6, 2002, a 20-17 win over Arizona (61,721) 

2. Dec. 24, 2000 a 20-3 win over Arizona (65,711)

3. Dec. 6, 1998, a 24-20 win over San Diego (65,713)

4. Dec. 12, 2010 a 17-16 loss to Tampa Bay (66,124)

5. Dec. 19, 1998, a 20-16 win over Tampa Bay (66,309)

6. Nov. 22, 1998, a 45-42 loss to Arizona (66,435) 

7. Nov. 15, 1998 a 28-3 win over Philadelphia (67,704)

8. Nov. 1, 1998, a 21-14 win over the Giants (67,976)

9. Dec. 24, 2011 33-26 loss to Minnesota (68,370)

1998 was horrific, but also predates Snyder's ownership and his subsequent expansion in the stadium seating.

I was there today as well as games 1, 4, 6, and 9...maybe some others..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/12/08/redskins-set-lowest-fedex-field-attendance-mark/

I think the picture in the article in very misleading as MANY people got out of the snow during halftime.

When fourth quarter hit, only time I'd ever seen the stadium that empty was after the game was over and the clean up crews were in there. Am I the only that noticed that like 90% of the people that were left after pretty much everyone was gone was wearing black? It was like we were dressed for a funeral.

I don't know what Snyder is going to do, but you better believe as an owner he's going to do what he has to do to make sure that doesn't happen again. I don't blame him no matter what he decides to do...

There is no chance there were 56k there. I'd believe 35

Yeah, I went to the game, the bottom bowl wasn't to empty, but anywhere in the 300 and 400 sections were quite empty. A good 50% or more in each row seemed empty, even in Section 133.

There were a lot of KC fans and like RAAZ227, each the KC song was just sad...in our own stadium, in horrible conditions.

Just sad.

just some numbers I thought were interesting:

- todays figure, although the lowest ever at fedex by a wide margin, is still higher than the AVERAGE attendance this year for Tampa, Oakland, or San Diego.

- the redskins this season rank 3rd in the NFL for total attendance for the year.

conclusion:  we are way too ****ing loyal!

just some numbers I thought were interesting:

- todays figure, although the lowest ever at fedex by a wide margin, is still higher than the AVERAGE attendance this year for Tampa, Oakland, or San Diego.

- the redskins this season rank 3rd in the NFL for total attendance for the year.

conclusion:  we are way too ****ing loyal!

I feel like in the previous games, it's a good chunk of opposing fans in our house. 

You could hear "Defense" chants when our O was lined up against the Giants.

Then today the KC song was echoing through the stands.

We lost the 12th man and home field advantage. There were so many boo's after our drives...

If Fed Ex field is sold out consistently, why were so many seats empty?

Does not make sense.

Season ticket holders have many of the seats. Poor team record was going to knock into attendance, but the weather really did it in. People already weren't happy to go, and the snow and ice gave people perfect reason not to attend. 

Apparently there was a smattering of sarcastic applause toward the end of the game from the few Redskins fans remaining.

I think we could use more passive-aggressiveness as the season ends. Can you guys that go to the games make it happen?

Can you really blame them? I was at the game, people were laughing at the special teams. It was comical.

I think we could use more passive-aggressiveness as the season ends. Can you guys that go to the games make it happen?

What we can use is for fans to eat their tickets for the last game so Snyder has to endure an even emptier stadium.  I don't care if it will be Dallas week.

We lost the 12th man and home field advantage. There were so many boo's after our drives...

"12th man advantage" this bs slogan handed to us from the marketing department along with the rally towel and homecoming. All part of what makes us the biggest joke on the east coast (not quite at Raiders level yet).  

We have no identity.  We are a franchise holding on to the 80's and early 90's.  We forget about the last 20 years.  The stadium is outdated, the team name is outdated, our owner is outdated.  It starts with a bad businessman and ends with fans trying to steal other teams slogans like 12th man or trying to come up with nicknames for every player.  The Redskins have turned into an infomercial.  It's sad to see a team that was once on par with the great franchises turn into a complete sideshow.    

I am sure they made up for lack of crowd noise by cranking up that loser announcer Mike Kelly, and his screaming of "1st down Washington" when there are 3 minutes left in the 4th and the Skins are down by 30.

I really hate this when it happens too.  It's very similar to Laron Landry tackling a guy who just caught a 30 yard pass and celebrating the tackle all while being down 14+.

If Fed Ex field is sold out consistently, why were so many seats empty?

Does not make sense.

I believe season ticket holders are required to buy the entire season as a package.  Therefore, the stadium was sold out because the game had been "bought" by season ticket holders before the season even started (the benefit to us non-season ticket holders is that we get to watch the game on television, since each home game is "sold out" in advance).  Why were so many seats empty?  Because those season ticket holders decided to eat the cost of their tickets for this game to stay home and watch the game on television and not bother to brave the long commute, the exhorbitant cost of the food, the horrible weather, or the putrid production on the field.

Archived