Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: KC game: Lowest Attendance Ever for a regular season game at FedEx

MarkB452

But I'm sure it was still a sellout and the season ticket waiting list is decades long..

I joined the season ticket "waiting list" about 3-4 years ago...I've gotten several calls asking if I'm ready to buy seats..

I am broke & can't ...so someone else I'm sure gets my invite...I don't think the list is that long any more...but wait that may

be for the big money seats tho...so n/m

Attendance was so low that before the game, the fans were introduced to the players.

I'm out of likes, but that is fantastic!  Well done bowhunter... great way to start off my Monday :lol:

I didn't go yesterday, but if I did I would've bailed out at halftime as well.  It was hard enough to watch it at home in the warmth.  I did my time in those types of games during the Monday Night Massacre a few years back.

We have something to be proud of: A record home sell-out streak... even though we are having poor seasons, we need to sell-out... to continue the streak... 30+ years?

If we as fans want to see some real change, the best thing we can do is not show up. We know we have a loyal fanbase, but committing good money to support this train wreck is not the way show support. As long as snyder sees butts in his seats, it's business as usual.

Yeah, I never missed a 'Skins game for like 6 years (on tv, I live in the freaking Netherlands)...but halfway in Q2 I just went to watching RedZone. Was just painfull. 

...at least the end of some games was pure epic, but otherwise my night sucked!

Respect for the fans who showed up in these weather conditions and sticked to the end. 

Stadium is not sold out to season ticket holders.  A substantial (I would love to how many) number of seats are owned by ticket brokers and/or the team.  I have four next to me in 428 45 yd line row 11 that are empty half the time and have different people in them for each of the other games.  Club level seats are available to whoever can afford them every year, no waiting.

Unfortunately I went yesterday and was part of the record low crowd. The snow was actually kind of fun but the team was putrid. They quit and they deserve to be BOOED. We left right after the kickoff return TD in the 2nd quarter. This team is so bad I think DeMatha or Good Counsel would probably shut them out.

SHANAHAN MUST GO.

Where do those numbers come from? I was doing the math yesterday -there was NO way it was 56k. NONE.

Bottom bowl was prob 70 full.  So I figure that is what? 24500 (Assuming about 35k lower, 35k upper, 17k club level, suites, loge, and standing room.)

Upper deck was MAYBE 10% full.  so that would be 3,500.  that leaves us 28k.

Club level was less then half, but say they all watched inside, along with everyone in a suite and loge (I was in the loge...still only about 70% full, but lets go with 90% for club and better. Thats STILL only about 44k fans.  

Here is the stat that sucks. 

Before the game Redskins were 3rd in attendance. After, we are 6th.  But a worst stat is % of stadium filled.  We are 30th!!! http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/sort/homePct

Attendance yesterday was horrible, but the half time shot was kind of unfair.

By that point the nice fluffy Snow of pre-game and the early 1st quarter had been replaced with icey pellets coming down for the most part. Horrible weather plus a horrible product on the field gave little incentive to RUSH back to the seats prior to the start of the 3rd quarter or even after it began a bit. The Concourse was FULL even after the 3rd quarter started.

By midway through the third however, people had largely came back to their seats. There was DEFINITELY a decreased number of people compared to the start of the game, largely in the upper decks. It was a GHOST town up there in the second half (I imagine some of them didn't leave, but rather just came down into the lower bowl. I know I would've done that).

Attendance was really bad, but the half time picture was pretty dishonestly unflattering.

My mom has season tickets despite living down here in Charlotte.  She gave the tickets to my cousins who live in the area.  She's 66 and usually drives by herself.  With the weather and the fact that the team sucks, she said she couldn't sit out in the cold and rain like that, and she's a diehard.  Shows what the state of mind is for the fanbase.

If we as fans want to see some real change, the best thing we can do is not show up. We know we have a loyal fanbase, but committing good money to support this train wreck is not the way show support. As long as snyder sees butts in his seats, it's business as usual.

Amen.  Loyalty is usually a good thing, but when it leads to complacency by ownership, it becomes a very bad thing. 

I remember watching a Redskins vs Patriots game back in 1990. In Foxboro, it was North Pole cold, rainy, blustery, windy, just an all

out nasty ugly game played, in what appeared to be a night game, even though it was an afternoon game.

There were like 14 people in the stands. Seeing the pics of Fed Ex on sunday brought back memories.

*BTW, it was 14-0 Redskins before the offense even took the field, seriously !

Yeah, I never missed a 'Skins game for like 6 years (on tv, I live in the freaking Netherlands)...but halfway in Q2 I just went to watching RedZone. Was just painfull. 

...at least the end of some games was pure epic, but otherwise my night sucked!

Respect for the fans who showed up in these weather conditions and sticked to the end. 

brother, I don't think I missed more than 5-6 games since I can remember my first game in 80's. 

I bailed yesterday,flat out bailed when it got to 24-0.  

Continued season 4 of Breaking Bad ... 

Archived