Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan Snyder The Real Problem: Not RGIII Not Shanahan

You'reNext

For Snyder to court a relationship with RGIII and his father-which clearly he has-undermined the authority the HC and his staff. 

The fact that he did it to a rookie - borders on predatory.  So - as we prepare to hand a top pick to the Rams- we are left  with last years' rookie of the year-whose relationship with teammates is tenous - and a Super Bowl winning HC who will be shamed out of town. Folks that is Dysfunction from on high. The stories about Shanny wanting Tannehill ring true!  little big man sux!

Where in the name of Sam Hill are you getting this crap from?!  The LAST thing Snyder would do is move the team. The fact that a bunch of dummies still show up for these craptastic games (for the dominant part of over 20 years of perennially sucking)  is a testament to how much the area supports the Skins! The ONLY place anyone even ever thinks of to move a team to any more is Los Angeles, and they've blown BOTH chances they had of being able to KEEP a team there!

Mods: Please blow this site up because there is almost no intelligent life left here!

Do you ever post anything of substance? Every post you have has some form of name calling or bashing of a member. If you had bothered to read the rest of the posts in this thread you would understand. Now who has no intelligence?

last year we won 10 games...the Snyder/RG3 relationship wasn't an issue.....now it's an issue?   what a disgrace.    This is Shanahan trying to keep his HOF candidacy alive.    It's also the sucker media and fans keeping their "Snyder is the devil" narrative alive....when there's a problem, blame Snyder.

last year we won 10 games...the Snyder/RG3 relationship wasn't an issue.....now it's an issue?   what a disgrace.    This is Shanahan trying to keep his HOF candidacy alive.    It's also the sucker media and fans keeping their "Snyder is the devil" narrative alive....when there's a problem, blame Snyder.

It was an issue last year according to LavarLeaps podcast prior to the 7 game winning streak.

Checking twitter and seeing the vitriol aimed at Shanahan blows my mind. I'm no fan, but how Dan is getting a pass in all this is beyond me.

I really am starting to question some well known twitter sources and what their motives are. This is 100% Dan Snyders mess. 100%. Shanahan is merely a symptom. Nothing more

I really am starting to question some well known twitter sources and what their motives are. This is 100% Dan Snyders mess. 100%. Shanahan is merely a symptom. Nothing more

These twitter sources are definitely not objective, definitely tight with some disgruntled players.

These twitter sources are definitely not objective, definitely tight with some disgruntled players.

I think some of them are simply a mouthpiece for ownership. It was well known that the Team had been looking for such a mouthpiece on this site for years. They had one with Art for a while but he doesn't post anymore

Maybe it was an issue for Shanny, but it had no affect on the field...that's my point

No, before the 7 game winning streak the podcast was about how bad it was for the players and how everything was so doom and gloom.

I think some of them are simply a mouthpiece for ownership. It was well known that the Team had been looking for such a mouthpiece on this site for years. They had one with Art for a while but he doesn't post anymore

That's pretty sad if true.

There's a losing culture for sure, but I don't really know if I can say it's all on Dan Snyder. I remember in the Casserly / Turner years, we went through very much the same episodes of loserdom. 7-1 to 9-7 in 1996. 0-7 start in 1998. Long stretch of no playoffs. Remember it was Jack Kent Cooke who hand picked Turner. So technically, Jack Kent Cooke planted the first seeds of our loserdom for the last 20 years. That being said, of course I am not pinning anything on Cooke, he brought the franchise to its highest highs. I have come to accept that many franchises, even model franchises have their long dry spells, and this is what we are enduring now.

Look at the Packers, after they won Super Bowls I&II. They had practically a 25-year dry spell (with a couple of playoff appearances sprinkled in between) before Wolf, Holmgren, and Favre turned around their fortunes. Another sport, but the Yankees had a decade plus dry spell in the 80s to early 90s, with very much the same stadium and owner who brought the franchise later glory. The rise and fall of franchises occur due to many factors, with the owner being just one part. That being said, there may be better owners, better leaders than Dan Snyder, but to think our fortunes will change with him gone is a bit myopic.

Maybe. And maybe Schefter and Graziano are a mouthpiece for Mike.

Checking twitter and seeing the vitriol aimed at Shanahan blows my mind. I'm no fan, but how Dan is getting a pass in all this is beyond me.

While they both are to blame. Shanahan and the entire staff have coached poorly this year. Clock mismanagement, studpid penalties and the special teams fiasco to name a few

Was it Cooke who picked Turner or was it Casserly?

I always understood it to be Casserly's call. But I am no insider.

I'm assuming it was Casserly.  By that time (1994) Jack Kent Cooke was getting kind of senile and was having personal problems with his 4th wife who was getting in all sorts of trouble around D.C.  Divorce was in 1993 and then he died in 1997.

Why would anyone (but Mike, I suppose) blame Dan Snyder for Shanahan's incompetence? His poor clock management, lack of adjustments and inability to motivate players has been well documented this season. He isn't good at his job right now. Simple.

Casserly was very high on him, to the point of chatting with Norv on the sideline in Dallas when the Redskins went down to play Dallas in late 1993.

The squire essentially sealed the deal with Norv during the interview he had. Norv had been interested in Arizona also (Buddy Ryan took that job instead)

Look at the Packers, after they won Super Bowls I&II. They had practically a 25-year dry spell (with a couple of playoff appearances sprinkled in between) before Wolf, Holmgren, and Favre turned around their fortunes. Another sport, but the Yankees had a decade plus dry spell in the 80s to early 90s, with very much the same stadium and owner who brought the franchise later glory. The rise and fall of franchises occur due to many factors, with the owner being just one part. That being said, there may be better owners, better leaders than Dan Snyder, but to think our fortunes will change with him gone is a bit myopic.

Packers are an interesting situation since they are a publicly held company owned by the shareholders who are fans of Green Bay.  There's a limit on shares so that no one person can become the majority owner.

So really the top of the organization cannot be the owner but is the GM which became Ron Wolf who was the de facto owner/decision maker.

No one does anything right on this team. Owner, head coach, GM, assistant coaches, players. They all suck. No one person is to blame.

You are absolultey correct. 

But the success or failur of an organization starts at the top.  Good people at the top, good people all the way through. 

I'm still trying to figure out how Dan Synder being close to Rg3 is the reason the team can't block, or tackle, or pass, or catch, etc.

Does it ruffle the feathers of some players?  Ok.

Is that a reason for 53 guys to implode? This is Shanny (whom I used to defend) taking a cheap shot on his way out.  The players have failed the coaches I think, but it's clear the coaches are beyond making it any better.

If Dan doesn't fire Shanny right now then I think he deserves some actual blame.   Other than that, what I am missing here?

Archived