Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan Snyder The Real Problem: Not RGIII Not Shanahan

You'reNext

Snyder makes mistakes like everyone. Sometimes, it takes him YEARS to correct them. But if you believe what Shawn Springs said today about Robert Kraft openly jocksniffing Tom Brady (i do), then it is obvious that even the most successful owners probably are somewhat guilty of same. Do I think Snyder should constantly do favors for RG3 and his family? No. But the story didn't specify how many times this happened. More than two/three times?  I think that this story is mostly hogwash!

NEWSFLASH! Snyder does nice things for his players.

But so do most other owners. Snyder sent his private jet for a family matter for Steven Bowen (a good player, but hardly a superstar that he would want to "jocksniff.")  The Panthers owner had his private jet pick up his tight end and his wife and family, and personally accompanied them, to get life-changing surgery for his infant. ALL of the owners (well, most) have probably done similar for a lot of their players. They are often just like a family. And I would imagine that in the entire history of the NFL, the marquee players probably have gotten more than their fair share. So, the BOTTOM LINE is that this story is a WHOLE LOT of something about nothing. And (most likely) has ZERO to do with the weekly performance of a bunch of guys who are ALLEGEDLY "professional" football players!

How is Snyder able to avoid fielding questions in front of the media?

MOST NFL owners refuse to answer questions in front of the media! When was the last time you saw a PC from the owner of the:

SAINTS

LIONS

CHIEFS

RAMS

BILLS

DOLPHINS

SEAHAGS

etc etc etc

Not every owner is a media whore like Jerruh! (While we're on the subject, not every owner is a complete waste of bags of scum like Mara!)

What would you have done BraunMan92?

Rolled the dice with Kirk Cousins? Makes sense. :unsure:

Don't tell me....Grossman and an extra pick last year and next? :)

No, Colt Brennan and 10 more picks from trading Grossman for a kings ransom. Am I close?

We BEAT SEATTLE.  IN SEATTLE.  WITH REX GROSSMAN.  Never forget that.

Gibbs should be emasculated as well but he won a Super Bowl 20 years ago.

Gibbs did okay while he was here the second time. What DID become obvious is that (1) at least some of Gibbs success in Era Uno was due to .. SURPRISE .. having a GM who could actually, cosistently spot talent. And (2) that the NFL HAD progressed quite a bit from the old "40-gut" era of Gibbs Uno.

Still, there is not a Redskins owner .. Snyder, JKC II, or anyone else .. that would pass up the opportunity to catch lightning in a bottle for the second time! Gibbs should ALWAYS be revered for what he did both the first AND second time!

We overpaid for a running QB that can throw sometimes. We SHOULD NOT have put the farm into RGIII.  Yet Snyder forced this anyway.

For that, Snyder is most at fault.

To believe the tripe that "Snyder forced" the pick on RG3 is just ridiculous! Most of this fanbase needs to seriously question about 99.999% of the garbage that is produced by BSPN and the rest of the sports Press! Until an absolute smoking gun proof that he did force the pick is brought forth, you guys need to put that tripe to rest where it belongs! At the bottom of your parakeet's cage!

Funny how almost no one was "faulting" Snyder for "forcing the pick" during the last 7 games of last season!

What would you have done BraunMan92?

Rolled the dice with Kirk Cousins? Makes sense. :unsure:

Don't tell me....Grossman and an extra pick last year and next? :)

No, Colt Brennan and 10 more picks from trading Grossman for a kings ransom. Am I close?

What you don't do is mortgage the future by trading a boatload of picks for one guy when the team has alot of holes.

That's the kind of trade you only make when the team feels that they are one player or one QB away from dominating

Even then it can back fire (see Hershell Walker trade) but at least in that case the Vikings really felt they were a franchise RB away from competing for the super bowl.

This team has way too many holes at mulitple positions on both sides of the ball, so trading away 2 #1s and a #2 violates that golden rule.

Getting RGIII wasn't a bad in terms of RGIII the player.  But you could have easily gotten him without trading away boatloads of picks.  Everyone knew that Andrew Luck was going to be in that draft before the season.  A smart owner tanks the season like the Colts did for Manning and Luck or Popovictch and the Spurs did to increase their chances of getting David Robinson.  If Snyder was so sure that RGIII and Luck would both be once in a lifetime QBs he should have tanked the season and then you get RGIII + keep those picks.  All you would have to do is lose 3 more games to go from 5-11 to 2-14.  Some times it involves firing the coach or GM like Jerry Jones did by getting rid of Landry because Landry was too good a coach to ever get you a high pick.  But you look at what Jones and Jimmie Johnson did, they scraped the team of all value, accumulated draft picks and tanked a couple seasons to get Troy Aikman, Emmet Smith, Michael Irvin, etc.

We BEAT SEATTLE.  IN SEATTLE.  WITH REX GROSSMAN.  Never forget that.

I'm not sure what you two are fighting about, but they beat Seattle without Russell Wilson. I think they had Tarvaris Jackson. Yuck. Real qb battle with Rex and Tarvaris.

What you don't do is mortgage the future by trading a boatload of picks for one guy when the team has alot of holes.

I don't think there's definitive proof out there that Shanny didn't want RG3. Yet, at least.

You cant fire the owner. And if you dont support the team THIS owner will move them. Its a vicious cycle of suck.

You can boycott his products and businesses.  Sure watch the games on TV and root for the Skins but don't buy tickets to games, paraphenalia, or go to his restuarants.  You empower him by saying there is nothing you can do.

Why should he change what he is doing if you do nothing.  The Redkins are highly profitable.  People are paying him even with medicority and losing.

This is what happened to the Chicago Cubs.  They make money and are profitable and have become Lovable Losers.  There is no reason for the Cubs to really change the way they do things.

Wear paper bags to the games in protest if you already have season tickets.  Bring in posters that express displeaure with the organization.  You let him control you and that only empowers him.

No he won't.

Really? If you owned a business that was losing money (which is what will happen if the fans stop supporting the team) and you got an offer to make a boatload of money by moving, wouldnt you? Its not like it has not happened in the past numerous times.

You can boycott his products and businesses.  Sure watch the games on TV and root for the Skins but don't buy tickets to games, paraphenalia, or go to his restuarants.  You empower him by saying there is nothing you can do.

Why should he change what he is doing if you do nothing.  The Redkins are highly profitable.  People are paying him even with medicority and losing.

This is what happened to the Chicago Cubs.  They make money and are profitable and have become Lovable Losers.  There is no reason for the Cubs to really change the way they do things.

Wear paper bags to the games in protest if you already have season tickets.  Bring in posters that express displeaure with the organization.  You let him control you and that only empowers him.

The Redskins are highly profitable because "buy tickets to games, paraphenalia, or go to his restuarants". When a city stops doing those things they lose their franchise.

Really? If you owned a business that was losing money (which is what will happen if the fans stop supporting the team) and you got an offer to make a boatload of money by moving, wouldnt you? Its not like it has not happened in the past numerous times.

The Redskins are highly profitable because "buy tickets to games, paraphenalia, or go to his restuarants". When a city stops doing those things they lose their franchise.

Snyder wouldn't do that because he's a real Redskins fan and Washingtonian.  Unless that is all a lie.

Snyder wouldn't do that because he's a real Redskins fan and Washingtonian.  Unless that is all a lie.

You'd better believe he'd move in a heartbeat if the Skins were hemorrhaging money, but that's assuming he can't sell it. That'll never happen, though, as there will never be an issue selling tickets or merchandise in the DC area. His bottom line is safe and secure. This isn't a knock on Snyder, though. Anyone would do the same.

At the end of the day this is still a losing team!  Who is the blame, the owner, coaches, and players!  Look how other teams play and win, we are under-coached, and out played on every level!!!  We need players that are willing to step up and play when other players are not able to.  We need coaches that can teach and are able to motivate players to play.  When this happens, we will be back to the winning form that we are us to. 

He has become a check writer much like Cooke was - but he does need to do one thing different - that is hire a real NFL GM and allow them to get players and coaches. I really like Allen but he needs to be a VP of operations and not be involved in player acquisition.

I agree with you about Allen being just the VP of operations. He maybe have been a GM of sort these years, but not without looking over his back and waiting for Shanny's (or Snyders) thumbs up... or down. The one thing different in all these years as owning the team... hiring a GM. Really, the press should keep dogging Snyder about this, and not stop with any flippant answers. Simply, what is your problem with not hiring an NFL GM? Whatever he THINKS he knows about football, he apparently DOES NOT, as proof in most of these years as failing. And the fans are frustrated. Seriously, it's THE ONE thing he HASN'T tried... so what's his PROBLEM?

Anyways, we talk about how Cooke was able to wheel in success better than Snyder. But it took about the same amount of years and almost the same amount of coaches. Williams (slash then) Cooke went thru Graham, Austin, (I won't count Lombardi because had he not passed away, he would have been coaching a lot longer), Allen, and Pardee. That's four. Snyder went thru Turner, Schott, Spurr, (I won't count Gibbs 2 because who would say no to having him back... and he decided to leave), Zorn, and Shanny. That's just one more. I'll give him some slack on the revolving door... but NOT in refusing to hire a real NFL GM. If he does, who knows... maybe the next one will bring in something similar to what Cooke found in Beathard/Gibbs.

I don't get the hate now directed towards Snyder. When he hired Shanny, he TOOK a step back from trying to run the team like he did in the past. It was/is Shanny's show in my view, this is all on him, for better or worse, which in this case worse.

We all wanted an owner that just signed cheques and only turned up on Sunday in his luxury box, and that is EXACTLY what he has done and I've heard nothing to contrary except these rumours now surfacing that RG3 was Snyder's pick and Shanny did not want him.

I like Shannahan despite the records and all, he changed the culture and did drafted some good players but clearly things are falling around his ears and I think we need to move on. I don't like coaching changes but how things have looked so far, we need change.

I am starting to dislike our QB as well, he seems to be 'diva behind the scenes' type guy, says all the right things but reports coming out from HQ seems to show his other side, egotistical. I hope RG3 can mature and put control his ballooning ego cause I'm starting to feel we wasted those 3 1st rd picks.

HTTR

Some times it involves firing the coach or GM like Jerry Jones did by getting rid of Landry because Landry was too good a coach to ever get you a high pick.  But you look at what Jones and Jimmie Johnson did, they scraped the team of all value, accumulated draft picks and tanked a couple seasons to get Troy Aikman, Emmet Smith, Michael Irvin, etc.

Michael Irvin was drafted by Landry.  Remember his rookie year in 1988 he took Darrell Green to school for 3 TD's at RFK.

The Cowboys already had the #1 pick in the 89 draft and Jerry Jones bought the team in between seasons. He fired Landry as part of the agreement he had with the previous owner as a condition for buying the team.  He then hired Jimmy Johnson.  The Cowboys selected Aikman #1 overall.

Emmitt Smith was a Jerry Jones Jimmy Johnson pick.

That world famous Herschel Walker trade that you get tired of hearing about is what gave the Cowboys all those extra picks.  That will never happen again.  Probably the only thing close since then would be what we gave up for RG3.  And we were on the giving end of that one, or the receiving end if you're talking about getting screwed.

I dont think you can count on "tanking" as any kind of guarantee to build a winner from some perceived windfall harvest for being lousy.

How is this Dan Snyder's fault?

He game Mike Shanahan complete control and hired Bruce to run the team.

The results on the field aren't there and the team officials are leaking information agenda's to the media.

I am not going to take a media report from a unidentified biased source as truth.

All these media leaks are pushing an agenda.

I'll tip my hand to the Shanahan camp. They have the best spin doctors.

The league worst special teams and defense, coached by Mike Shanahan hires, are barely mentioned.

The personnel mistakes are a whisper. The fact that the offense struggles to score and has been league worst in 1st quarter scoring is a faint mumble.....

Meanwhile people are yelling about Snyder's (the team owner) and Griffin (the franchise QB) relationship?

People are screaming about Griffin's knee injury, diva persona, special treatment at Baylor in the film room and requested special treatment at Redskins film room, ability to throw accurately, read defenses yada yada

The message coming out of Ashburn attempts to tell us despite all the evidence to the contrary the results of this regime aren't there fault. But rather its Griffin's fault and Synder's fault?

Kudos, spin doctors. Kudos.

Archived