Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan Snyder The Real Problem: Not RGIII Not Shanahan

You'reNext

Really? If you owned a business that was losing money (which is what will happen if the fans stop supporting the team) and you got an offer to make a boatload of money by moving, wouldnt you? Its not like it has not happened in the past numerous times.

He will not move the team, buddy.

Anyways, we talk about how Cooke was able to wheel in success better than Snyder. But it took about the same amount of years and almost the same amount of coaches. Williams (slash then) Cooke went thru Graham, Austin, (I won't count Lombardi because had he not passed away, he would have been coaching a lot longer), Allen, and Pardee. That's four. Snyder went thru Turner, Schott, Spurr, (I won't count Gibbs 2 because who would say no to having him back... and he decided to leave), Zorn, and Shanny. That's just one more. I'll give him some slack on the revolving door... but NOT in refusing to hire a real NFL GM. If he does, who knows... maybe the next one will bring in something similar to what Cooke found in Beathard/Gibbs.

Not true.  George Allen made the Skins NFC Champions and got them to the Super Bowl.  So that's hitting the jackpot.  Then you have Pardee and Gibbs (Jackpot again).  So that's max 3.

Snyder will be on 6.  That's a difference of 3 regimes.

DC Media (the worse media in all of sports) + Dan Snyder (the worse owner in the NFL) + impatient fan base (potentially the most dramatic fan base in all of sports) = constant coaching and QB carousel.

Mark my words, Griffen will be the next to be chased out of town.

The Snyder Shills, Dan Snyder Fanbois and some of the Lost Generation (Redskins fans who didn't experience the Jack Kent Cooke/Joe Gibbs era) will continue to attack anyone who expresses dissenting opinions on Dan Snyder.  It's Normal.

But the Jack Kent Cooke Era Redskins fans experienced a Winner and know a Losing Culture (Dan Snyder era) when they see it.  You can't sugra coat it any other way.

Outstanding post.  Most of the younger, fantasy football era fans (Not all) believe that you can just go out shopping and buy the best players you can get, mix in a flashy coach et voila!  Winner!  It doesn't work that way in Football.  Dan is of the same mold.  He never played or coached the game.  So he doesn't realize what a stink bomb he tosses into a locker room when he puts a player (any player) before the coach and just as important, the rest of the team. 

As for all you who say just suck it up and deal with it well there is something we can do.  My economics teacher taught me a very valuable lesson.  Every time you spend a dollar you cast a vote for a good or product.  Stop buying anything Redskins until Dan learns once and for all to let football people do their job.  A good start would be to take B-Mitch's advice and get his office out of Redskins Park!!! 

Dan understands $.  That's the one thing he likes more than the latest star athlete. 

I don't get the hate now directed towards Snyder. When he hired Shanny, he TOOK a step back from trying to run the team like he did in the past. It was/is Shanny's show in my view, this is all on him, for better or worse, which in this case worse.

We all wanted an owner that just signed cheques and only turned up on Sunday in his luxury box, and that is EXACTLY what he has done and I've heard nothing to contrary except these rumours now surfacing that RG3 was Snyder's pick and Shanny did not want him.

I like Shannahan despite the records and all, he changed the culture and did drafted some good players but clearly things are falling around his ears and I think we need to move on. I don't like coaching changes but how things have looked so far, we need change.

I am starting to dislike our QB as well, he seems to be 'diva behind the scenes' type guy, says all the right things but reports coming out from HQ seems to show his other side, egotistical. I hope RG3 can mature and put control his ballooning ego cause I'm starting to feel we wasted those 3 1st rd picks.

HTTR

It's all about knowing when to step in and when to be hands off.  Ultimately at the end of the day it's your team, your business, your reputation.

I don't gamble.  You can't predict the future.  But if I could and I had my druthers I would make one bet and become the biggest sports bum in history and buy a sports franchise.  If it were my team.  You hire a GM.  Obvioulsy.  Then you do not trade a boat load of draft picks for a franchise QB.  You tank the season and get your franchise QB and keep all your picks.  Then with the GM you hire a head coach.

If your franchise QB is injured with a potential 2nd knee injury, you don't let him play. (especially if you mortgaged the future for him which I would never do)  If the head coach insists on playing him that is when you step in and pull your QB.

I

If your franchise QB is injured with a potential 2nd knee injury, you don't let him play. (especially if you mortgaged the future for him which I would never do)  If the head coach insists on playing him that is when you step in and pull your QB.

Actually, I think only Dan Snyder and Jerry would do such a thing.

A good rundown related to this issue. http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/mike-shanahans-days-with-the-washington-redskins-are-numbered/2013/12/08/edf46972-604c-11e3-8beb-3f9a9942850f_story.html

By the way, You're Next, you can't be mad that Snyder didn't go and pull the QB from a game and then say Snyder's generally meddlesome and incompetent ways are the reason we can't win. 

A good rundown related to this issue. http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/mike-shanahans-days-with-the-washington-redskins-are-numbered/2013/12/08/edf46972-604c-11e3-8beb-3f9a9942850f_story.html

By the way, You're Next, you can't be mad that Snyder didn't go and pull the QB from a game and then say Snyder's generally meddlesome and incompetent ways are the reason we can't win. 

Actually I can.  And I just did.

It's about knowing when to step in and when not to.

If you or your coach mortgaged their future to get a franchise QB then that's on you as the owner to protect him and your investment in that situation.

It's common sense.

Actually I can.  And I just did.

It's about knowing when to step in and when not to.

If you or your coach mortgaged their future to get a franchise QB then that's on you as the owner to protect him and your investment in that situation.

It's common sense.

Hmmm, The Brad Johnson debacle comes to mind, correct me if I am wrong, didn't Snyder bench Johnson?

You cant fire the owner. And if you dont support the team THIS owner will move them. Its a vicious cycle of suck.

Where in the name of Sam Hill are you getting this crap from?!  The LAST thing Snyder would do is move the team. The fact that a bunch of dummies still show up for these craptastic games (for the dominant part of over 20 years of perennially sucking)  is a testament to how much the area supports the Skins! The ONLY place anyone even ever thinks of to move a team to any more is Los Angeles, and they've blown BOTH chances they had of being able to KEEP a team there!

Mods: Please blow this site up because there is almost no intelligent life left here!

We're basing everything on RG3. We're going to hire Briles to cater to RG3 and proceed to watch our team flounder for another 4+ years. This team is a JOKE. No leadership.

I doubt that. The WORST thing Snyder could do for his young franchise QB is to bring Briles in as head coach!  If he fails (odds are against his success), then he blows all chances of having success with RG3! Briles as assistant OC? Maybe. But head coach? No. Freaking. Way!

Ahhhhh the issues that come with losing...Countless articles from no name sources, he said she said.. Its all very simple.. You have two MASSIVE ego problems and neither will relent.... Dganny is a has been who would rather be right then win game "dog house" and danny just can't seem to grasp a true front office structure would turn this whole ship around

You know it, dog!  If most of the posters on this board had THEIR way, they'd have Snyder holding a Press conference .. oh, about ten minutes ago .. stating that he has fired RG3. Championship!

No, he would be announcing a new GM to start the head coaching search.  Even Cerrato is clowning Snyder.

The Snyder Shills, Dan Snyder Fanbois and some of the Lost Generation (Redskins fans who didn't experience the Jack Kent Cooke/Joe Gibbs era) will continue to attack anyone who expresses dissenting opinions on Dan Snyder.  It's Normal.

But the Jack Kent Cooke Era Redskins fans experienced a Winner and know a Losing Culture (Dan Snyder era) when they see it.  You can't sugra coat it any other way.

Interesting.  Have you ever bothered to look at the "cultures" that Jack Kent Cooke had in place for this organization before and after Joe Gibbs?  More interesting is the six years between Gibbs and Snyder buying the team.  If that isn't a culture of losing, then what would you call it?  But, it is okay for you to go on re-writing history and distorting fact to fit your agenda.  The Redskins won the NFC crown every year until Snyder came here, right?  I hear that 911 only happened because of Snyder as well.  Please start a thread on that for us, too.

I've said and sincerely believed when Shanahan came on board that if he doesn't get 5 years to right the ship and if, somehow, his time here with total control fails... I don't think there's anyone that will save us. Snyder needs to have someone with the authority to tell him to back off and Shanahan was one of the few who could. After everything that had happened with the cap penalty and the amount of picks we had to trade to get Robert, that belief only increased.

I've always been someone hopeful for this team and organization, but right now Snyder being involved too much with a player and undermining a coach is enough for me to lose that hope. I don't care how awful people think the coaches or players are. I don't care if people want to look at a 7 game winning streak IN THE NFL and a division championship as a fluke. I don't care about any of that, as much as I disagree with it. None of it, in my mind, is as significant as a meddling owner who gives authority to the players they shouldn't have. It ruins EVERYTHING. It's the same as not having a head coach. 

Snyder meddling is a cancer that I thought went dormant. Now we're hearing it reared it's ugly head again with Robert. Nothing else matters to me. No coach can nor will overcome that. 

The only way we'll have any success is if Robert ends up being on the level of Peyton Manning and can essentially be the entire team. We all know wherever Peyton goes the team is under his control, and in his case it might be the only time it's okay.  

I'm interested in what Bruce Allen has to say in all of this. Wasn't he the one telling Snyder to back off of things at first? Wasn't he the buffer between Snyder and the staff/players?

Where the heck is he here? And why hasn't he told Snyder to not get so close to Robert?

Honestly, Allen interests me the most right now. If he's with Snyder on this, he's part of the problem as well.  

Interesting.  Have you ever bothered to look at the "cultures" that Jack Kent Cooke had in place for this organization before and after Joe Gibbs?  More interesting is the six years between Gibbs and Snyder buying the team.  If that isn't a culture of losing, then what would you call it?  But, it is okay for you to go on re-writing history and distorting fact to fit your agenda.  The Redskins won the NFC crown every year until Snyder came here, right?  I hear that 911 only happened because of Snyder as well.  Please start a thread on that for us, too.

Considering the Success:Failure ratio of TheSquire:Snyder, I would say that your "logic" is faulty.

(And for the record, I am NOT anti-Snyder. But I *DO* wonder why we are so snakebit since he bought the team!)

At the rate we are going, Snyder had better start getting this team turned around under "whomever" is going to be the coach of the Redskins next year or the "Native Americans" whom have expressed support for the name "Redskins" may suddenly have a change of opinion! They may want nothing to do with this franchise!

Dan Snyder = Losing Culture

Jack Kent Cooke = Winner

Archived