Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan Snyder The Real Problem: Not RGIII Not Shanahan

You'reNext

Success or failure of an organization starts at the top.  Good people at top good people all the way through.  Bad people at the top, . . .

Besides Zorn, all these guys had impressive coaching careers before they met Snyder:

Shottenheimer 1 and out

Spurrier 2 and out

Gibbs 4 and out

Zorn 2 and out

Shanahan 4 and

What is the one constant.  The Dan Snyder Circus.

Snyder's patterin is bringing in something exciting (new coach, RGIII) to sell tickets and ads then when that wears off blame the coaches and players and then repeat the process by bringing in a new shiny toy for the masses while suppressing any criticism of himself through the media.

Snyder is the Ted Stepien of the NFL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Stepien

As long as the fans continue to support Snyder and the organization is profitbale the Redksins will continue to be the lovable losers like the Chicago Cubs orgnization.  There will be no reason for him to change what he is doing.

Compare Snyder's Banana Republic organization to Jack Kent Cooke's organization:

Jack Kent Cooke

Riverboat Gambler Bobby Bethard

Joe Gibbs

Dan Henning

Richie Petitibon

Joe Bugel

Don Breaux

Core Players (Art Monk, The Hogs/Grimm/Mark May/Jacoby/Jeff Bostic, Charles Mann, Darrell Green)

vs

Dan Snyder

(rotating GM)

(rotating Coach )

(rotating OC and DC)

(No Core Players)

"After firing then-head coach Jack Pardee, Redskins owner Jack Kent Cooke was on the lookout for candidates. When general manager Bobby Beathard pointed out the forty-year-old San Diego assistant coach, Cooke, who had a keen eye for spotting leadership talent (he also gave Sparky Anderson his first managerial job), saw Gibbs' potential during an interview and hired him."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Gibbs

Now the battered fan syndrome fans and Snyder Shills will continue to idolize Snyder and beg him to fire Shanahan or pick up so and so but . . .

As long as we continue to support the Dan Snyder regime, things will remain the same. 

Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice, no, five times (Shottenheimer, Spurrier, Gibbs, Zorn, Shanahan) shame on . . .

I am sorry but Snyder has learned a lot since he first got the team. He has become a check writer much like Cooke was - but he does need to do one thing different - that is hire a real NFL GM and allow them to get players and coaches. I really like Allen but he needs to be a VP of operations and not be involved in player acquisition.

Snyder has deep pockets and spends money on this team which is more then you can say about most teams in the NFL.

Tom

He gave Shanahan 4 years....yet he quits on Snyder because the charismatic once in a lifetime dual threat QB HE DRAFTED attracts attention?

I'm starting to belive what some are suggesting....that Shanahan didn't want RG3....if that's the case good riddance Red Lobster.

I guess the quote about a leopard never changing his spots comes into play here. I'm a die hard skins fan but I'm just growing more and more disinterested in the franchise as Snyder runs (ruins) it. It's not even the win loss but the chaos. Luckily the wizards and caps and nationals are doing well enough to keep me from getting depressed about this bs that he puts us through.

What number does Snyder wear?

Coaches have responsibilities, and players do as well, and in the Chiefs game, the players have simply given up; what COULD Mike do? Sit everyone? What could Snyder do? Be another Jerry Jones and pace the sidelines? Snyder has backed off quite a bit, this debacle is on the players and coaches, moreso players.

So get your 1 billion dollars together, and buy him out. 

Snyder is a big part of the problem, but we're stuck with him until he has to sell.  Barring him losing his shirt in the stock market or something, that ain't happening anytime soon. 

The next best option is to keep rotating, hoping that luck finally smiles on his ass, and we find a phenom coach.  If we win consistently, Snyder (who has learned a lot since brooming Cerrato and Zorn, believe it or not) will not be an issue.  Is it ideal? Hell no.  I'd prefer consistency.  But can you honestly sit there and absolve all of those listed coaches of ANY responsibility?  Has shanahan been a stellar coach? Is Snyder calling the plays, managing the clock? Did he pick Keith Burns as special teams coach?  Did he trade those 1st rounders for Griffin (on that one he might have pushed it, admittedly)?

The 2013 3-10 Washington Redskins is entirely Mike Shanahan's fault.  He wasn't man enough to put Snyder in his place or walk, a stance he should've taken when this was (allegedly) brewing.  No, its a game that Shanahan plays when he's not getting his way.  There must be a reason why Shanahan feuds with every owner or coach he's worked for (Al Davis, Dan Reeves, the Broncos owner). 

What number does Snyder wear?

Coaches have responsibilities, and players do as well, and in the Chiefs game, the players have simply given up; what COULD Mike do? Sit everyone? What could Snyder do? Be another Jerry Jones and pace the sidelines? Snyder has backed off quite a bit, this debacle is on the players and coaches, moreso players.

When you have a Losing Culture in the organization then players just show up for their paycheck.  Dan Snyder has created that Losing Culture over the last 20 years.

Yes the coach needs to be fired.  The GM needs to be fired.  Most of the players need to be released.  But the main thing is the owner has to go!

When Mike Ditka came over from Landry's Cowboys and took over the losing Bears the first thing he said is "I've already looked at the film all of you aren't going to be here.  I wish I could say welcome everybody.  I want you to know this, we're going to work, we're going to run, we're going to fight, and when it's all said and done  If you walk with me, if you believe in me.   In 3 years we'll go to the dance."

That's what has to happen to this team.  It needs to be blown up from the players to the owners.  Keep RGIII but get rid of Dan Snyder, Mike Shanhan and the players who are just here for the paycheck and have accepted losing.

Looks at teams that have instilled a Winning Culture (The DeBartolo's/York 49ers, Jack Kent Cooke Redskins, Kraft's Patriots, the Packers).  It all starts at the top.

Success or failure of an organization starts at the top.  Good people at top good people all the way through.  Bad people at the top, . . .

Besides Zorn, all these guys had impressive coaching careers before they met Snyder:

Shottenheimer 1 and out

Spurrier 2 and out

Gibbs 4 and out

Zorn 2 and out

Shanahan 4 and

What is the one constant.  The Dan Snyder Circus.

Snyder's patterin is bringing in something exciting (new coach, RGIII) to sell tickets and ads then when that wears off blame the coaches and players and then repeat the process by bringing in a new shiny toy for the masses while suppressing any criticism of himself through the media.

All of those were retreads.  Zorn was never an NFL Coordinator.  We have not hired an up and coming coordinator under Snyder.

This is all a bunch of crap and comes with losing... Owners always swoon iver there star qbs. Shannys ego is taking a uit and he is looking for way out and not my fault attitude. Snyders only fault has been letting coaches be VP and GM and notnhiring a real GM...Thats it though..Tye product on the field is soley on Shanny. This is his OL his WRs his def coord and his spec teams. SO shanny can suck it

I am sorry but Snyder has learned a lot since he first got the team. He has become a check writer much like Cooke was - but he does need to do one thing different - that is hire a real NFL GM and allow them to get players and coaches. I really like Allen but he needs to be a VP of operations and not be involved in player acquisition.

Snyder has deep pockets and spends money on this team which is more then you can say about most teams in the NFL.

Tom

Ridiculous. All NFL owners have deep pockets and they all spend enormous amounts of money on their teams. Snyder just happens to be a clueless idiot. What does it take for you Danny apologists to see the light. Even if the spending fantasy were true, so what? Who cares what he spends, he is a loser and has killed the franchise.

I agree with this thread.

Either Snyder is at fault for everything or he has a terrible string of bad luck. I honestly don't think that people can actually have luck that bad.

It starts at the top.

You blame the business owner when the business is in the black. You blame the president when the economy is in a depression.

Dan Snyder set this team culture and what we have a culture of underachieving and giving up. Dan Snyder owns this.

We will never win a Super Bowl with Snyder as the owner of the team.

Snyder ain't going anywhere. Find another owner you like and support his team.

Prepare to root for a mediocre team for decades.

Snyder is a problem...Shanahan is THE problem.

This is incorrect logic.

Shanahan is the problem THIS SEASON. Snyder is the problem EVERY SEASON.

The next coach will fail. I'd bet my life savings on it. It will be wrought with excuses just like Shanahan's tenure. He didn't get a first round pick in his first season, etc.

Our next coach will fail, we will blame him and ignore the root problem... Daniel Snyder.

Hand on or hands off......just writing the checks or calling all the shots.....the results are all the same with Snyder in charge. This will unfortunately never change as long as he owns the team. We can blame Shanny all we want, but the buck ultimately stops with the big dog with all the cash. He created a culture when he bought the team and it obviously has not changed no matter how "hands off" he has become. Everything he touches turns to garbage and he has destroyed the organization that I have loved since I was 11 years old. Firing Shanahan won't fix the huge elephant in the middle of the room. What a travesty.

Yeah, blame it on Snyder. What a freaking joke! This board has become useless with people like you spewing crap on it. Mike is the problem here and not Snyder..

Amen, behind you 100% You can't continue to always blame Snyder. It's kind of funny that last year he had turned the corner...

Amen, behind you 100% You can't continue to always blame Snyder. It's kind of funny that last year he had turned the corner...

Why can't you continue to blame Snyder when the team continues to suck?

The only constants on this team from 2003 until 2013 are Snyder and the results.

Archived