Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Intense Criticism of Robert Griffin III

Sticksboi05

Most people won't even acknowledge what Griffin said about that throw, because it doesn't fit the selfish punk hyperbole that is slowly being spread. It's interesting to see.

Really pretty amazing, no? It's like sharks in the water now, doesn't really matter what he actually says people are gonna rip him regardless it seems.

Really pretty amazing, no? It's like sharks in the water now, doesn't really matter what he actually says people are gonna rip him regardless it seems.

I get the feeling sometimes there is restrained glee,, especially in some media.. namely Thom Loverro who can barely contain his giggles when something seems wrong.

It gets tiresome.

~Bang

How is he a leader when he blames everyone but himself for failure?  

Burgandy and gold colored lenses, I suppose.

Its being blown out of proportion because the Skins are losing. NOBODY SEEMS TO REMEMBER THESE QUOTES..

"I'm the quarterback and the responsibility falls on me" after GB. "If you want to pin it on someone, pin it on me" after Lions.

I get the feeling sometimes there is restrained glee,, especially in some media.. namely Thom Loverro who can barely contain his giggles when something seems wrong.

It gets tiresome.

~Bang

Most of the sports media I don't even really care about. They are supposed to deal in news and make a living with their use of words, then they create "news" by taking other people's words out of context so they have something to talk about. It's a pretty disgusting spectacle.

It's the way so many of the fans here are acting that is more surprising to me.

What I can't understand reading this and every other thread here is the idea that Griffin needs to be humbled. What the hell is that? No one on this message board or in the media knows jack about how hard it is to even get in the conversation about starting at QB for an NFL team.

And none of us knows what it is like to even step on the field let alone play a snap in an NFL game. Griffin won the Heismann, was drafted NO 2 overall, won OROY, got his sorry ass team and its sorry ass fans to the playoffs, and is a multimillionaire and marketing powerhouse all by the age of 23. There is nothing about RGIII that needs to be humble. He needs to be celebrated because he is an exceptional human being.

Everyone of you would kill to be him and you know it. Stop with the envy and that closested racist "humbled" bull****.

Then why post it? He is a 'writer' with  bunch of twitter followers and he post something incendiary like that, of course everyone is going to ask what the hell it was.

Your guess is as a good as mine, I agree.  The only out I can see is he's saving the material for a column he'll write.  

Oh my lucky stars a Colts fan.

"Average" my ass the Colts have a solid football team, the Redskins are flat out terrible. I would love for the Skins to have the same talent as the Colts, especially on defense.

Nope, they're a middle of the road defense who made Ryan Fitzpatrick look like  Peyton Manning. Our defenses aren't far apart when you look at total play, ours is better with Mathis but we have a fundamentally average defense -  this is backed up by observation and statistics on the issue.

You have a better running game than us (hopefully Donald Brown can do something here), our offensive line hasn't seen any improvement, our WR's are god awful, were solid until Wayne got injured etc. As I said, without Andrew Luck we're 3-7.

A good portion of our fans we're predicting a 9-7 season before our first game, because unfortunately we just arent that good and are a 1 and out playoff team.

Our WR's are god awful, were solid until Wayne got injured etc. 

TY Hilton had back to back 7 Catch 120 yard + games after Wayne went down and Fleener is a downfield threat at TE.

You don't need to devalue the contribution of the team you root for to make your QB sound like he's doing it with nothing.

I am not not a hater nor a homer but the fact is RG3 started this season when everyone with common sense damn well knows he had no business being on the field .. I blame both shanahan and RG3 for that but shanahan gets more blame because he is the head coach and he should be able to have the smarts to do whats best for the team and RG3 8 months after he screwed up his knee again was no good for our team and him IMO, I will wait till next year and if rg3 plays the same as this year or worse then I will get worried but we need to work on a good amount before we are serious contenders and I have a good feeling once rg3 gets that damn kneebrace off and hopefully he grows up more this offseason his play will improve.. I could give 2 ****s less about luck ,foles or wilson or any other QB... RG3 is the redskins QB and thats all I care about.

Nope, they're a middle of the road defense who made Ryan Fitzpatrick look like Peyton Manning. Our defenses aren't far apart when you look at total play, ours is better with Mathis but we have a fundamentally average defense - this is backed up by observation and statistics on the issue.

You have a better running game than us (hopefully Donald Brown can do something here), our offensive line hasn't seen any improvement, our WR's are god awful, were solid until Wayne got injured etc. As I said, without Andrew Luck we're 3-7.

A good portion of our fans we're predicting a 9-7 season before our first game, because unfortunately we just arent that good and are a 1 and out playoff team.

Either you know nothing about football or you haven't watched any Redskins games this year. I'll be nice and assume the latter.

The Redskins are on pace to allow over 500 points by week 17, that's disgusting. When was the last time a team allowed 500 points in a season? The Redskins have the WORST defense in the league. I guarantee that even you could throw for 300 yards on a Haslett-led defense.

The Redskins have the better RB, but they also have Kyle Shanahan calling plays. The only man in the nfl that can stop Alfred Morris is Kyle Shanahan and he's damn good at it.

With the exception of man-beast Trent Williams, the other four guys on the Skins line look like bears on roller skates. Holdings, false starts, and matador impressions are what they're good at.

The Colts are a playoff caliber team, the Redskns (hate to say this) are a bottom 3 NFL team. That's why it's unfair to compare RGIII with the other "young guns" in the NFL.

Watch the Skins game on MNF, I guarantee you will see some of the most slap-dicked defensive football in the league.

TY Hilton had back to back 7 Catch 120 yard + games after Wayne went down and Fleener is a downfield threat at TE.

You don't need to devalue the contribution of the team you root for to make your QB sound like he's doing it with nothing.

Yes, Hilton is a good deep threat wide reciever - he's young and a tad inconsistent and can go missing but he's good. And Fleener? He was largely considered a bust before the Titans games, he may have the ability as downfield threatTE but he hasn't shown it yet and will need to step it up.  I'm not downplaying the team, I'm evaluating it fairly - you honestly think the Houston and St Louis games were just 'bad days at the office'?

And then you consider our other WR aside from Hilton and its genuinly embarrasing.

Either you know nothing about football or you haven't watched any Redskins games this year. I'll be nice and assume the latter.

The Redskins are on pace to allow over 500 points by week 17, that's disgusting. When was the last time a team allowed 500 points in a season? The Redskins have the WORST defense in the league. I guarantee that even you could throw for 300 yards on a Haslett-led defense.

The Redskins have the better RB, but they also have Kyle Shanahan calling plays. The only man in the nfl that can stop Alfred Morris is Kyle Shanahan and he's damn good at it.

With the exception of man-beast Trent Williams, the other four guys on the Skins line look like bears on roller skates. Holdings, false starts, and matador impressions are what they're good at.

The Colts are a playoff caliber team, the Redskns (hate to say this) are a bottom 3 NFL team. That's why it's unfair to compare RGIII with the other "young guns" in the NFL.

Watch the Skins game on MNF, I guarantee you will see some of the most slap-dicked defensive football in the league.

Don't disagree with you about your defense, I dont watch you all that often but I'll take your word for it, worse than I thought it was - I just assumed you were more of a bottom 25-30% defence rather than a bottom 5% one. Regardless, the Colts defence is average I'd put on the top of bottom 30%,

And please, I'm the one downplaying MY team? The Colts have two of their starting RB's injured - Ahmad Bradshaw's career is most likely over in fact, Richardson has the explosiveness of Luck and Donald Brown is unreliable and inconsistent, couple that with our offensive line and it geuinly means Luck has little rushing support with an enormous amount of leakage by the O-Line. The Colts are an overachieving team, thank god the Chiefs and Broncos are in the same division.

Just look at luck and Griffs stats what are y'all talking about. Luck is outplaying him but he is not a god and making plenty of bad plays. See for yourself. The kid is still doing his thing we are just losing and his turnovers are getting overblown because last year he was so phenomenal. It's not as bad as you think. Also check Morris stats they are crazy. Don't think griffin isn't helping him get those stats either.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating

Archived