Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Intense Criticism of Robert Griffin III

Sticksboi05

There is an article in the Breaking News section that breaks down RGIII compared to two of his peers in Kaepernick and Luck, and RGIII comes out as the better QB in 2013.  Not to say any of them are having a spectacular year but it puts into perspective the naysaying and doom & gloom from people who think a sophomore slump is the end of the world.

Almost as if Griffin hurt his progression and transition to a pocket passer by running the ball so much, almost as if running the ball too much results in injuries and inconsistency.... hmmmm

Have fun fellas, you jeopordized the future of your quarterback and your only chance for sustained success by focusing too much on his rookie year accomplishments, your QB has missed out on vital first year progress.

And some people here honestly need a reality check, you really want to bench him? do you really have a Nick Foles sitting on that bench? is this the sample you're going to use to punish this man? 10 or so games in his second season when he had you DROOLING only 11 games ago? Griffin isn't some 'prospect' you dump after a ****ty season, he's NOT disposable -  you literally leveraged your entire future on this proven Pro Bowler and you abandon him when he doesn't drag the baggage of years of mismanagement, the loss (via the trade) of multiple starting players and a generally awful football team to the playoffs?

He's not Andrew Luck you know...

Luck is NOT. He stinks up the joint for the first 3 quarters every game. He has that Tebow aura about him.

Oh really now? 7-3 and Luck has the Broncos and Seahawks in his pocket with a sprinkle of the 49'ers, and I also think you perhaps shouldn't use the last three games to make the statement you just made, it's only 3 games (2 wins btw) and the whole team stinks the first half - defense, recievers, Luck is usually 1 of our better performers for the first two quarters, and Reggie Wayne's career probably ended against Denver reducing our stock of good WR's to only Hilton.

Luck can suck as much as he wants to Redskins fans tbh, hes's taking a decidedly average team to the second seed in the AFC.

Luck's RG3-esque games this season were against the Texans and Rams, he plays like that accross most of our games like RG3 has done with you guys and were 3-7.

There is an article in the Breaking News section that breaks down RGIII compared to two of his peers in Kaepernick and Luck, and RGIII comes out as the better QB in 2013.  Not to say any of them are having a spectacular year but it puts into perspective the naysaying and doom & gloom from people who think a sophomore slump is the end of the world.

My issue with Robert is not his play, but the impression that he thinks his **** don't stink for lack of better words.

The guy is smart, a hard worker with the drive, a leader and a winner. Give him the off season to correct his mechanics and actually play football with the team. If he struggles next year then we have a problem. Only way I'd bench him would be to prevent injury but we can't do that. The season is lost and he has to get the reps.

How is he a leader when he blames everyone but himself for failure?  

Burgandy and gold colored lenses, I suppose.

How is he a leader when he blames everyone but himself for failure?  

Burgandy and gold colored lenses, I suppose.

Don't even come in here with that crap Roger. He does take the blame along with the rest of the team. No he hasn't single handily held himself accountable for some of his mistakes yet. He is a 2nd year player with tons of growth ahead of him. I clicked this link because I saw you posted. 99% of the time I agree with what you are saying but not this time. Kick us while we are down why dont you.

HTTR

The hilarious thing all along was Donovan McNabb was right, he said if "RGIII struggles half of the fans are going to turn on you that's what they love to do in DC"

HAHAHAHAHA

The anti RGIII crowd are so foolish this reminds me of the charger fans who wanted to get rid of Drew Brees sooooooooo badly especially after he hurt his shoulder and now they have Phillip Rivers  a good QB but the saints now have Drew Brees (Hall of fame QB) and a lombardi trophy. hahaha

RGIII is 23 have some patience or we can always watch RGIII go home to dallas and beat on us for the rest of our lives.

No one is turning on him - it's called criticism.  I don't want the guy going anywhere and I want him to be the most successful QB to have played the game but I can still be critical of him when he makes mistakes and isn't playing well.

Oh really now? 7-3 and Luck has the Broncos and Seahawks in his pocket with a sprinkle of the 49'ers, and I also think you perhaps shouldn't use the last three games to make the statement you just made, it's only 3 games (2 wins btw) and the whole team stinks the first half - defense, recievers, Luck is usually 1 of our better performers for the first two quarters, and Reggie Wayne's career probably ended against Denver reducing our stock of good WR's to only Hilton.

Luck can suck as much as he wants to Redskins fans tbh, hes's taking a decidedly average team to the second seed in the AFC.

Luck's RG3-esque games this season were against the Texans and Rams, he plays like that accross most of our games like RG3 has done with you guys and were 3-7.

How many screen names does Bubble Screen need?

Gosh, that Cam Newton sure is developing into a hell of a quarterback isn't he?

You'd have never known it in his second year.. all these same questions, all the same criticisms, including the personal shots on leadership, attitude, relationship with coaches. etc.

Oh, wait.. this thread is about Robert and the problems he's having in his second year,,  accuracy, skills, attitude, leadership, relationships.

My mistake. 

~Bang

Exactly and Panther fans turned on Cam Newton just like Redskin fans are turning on RGIII and now Panther fans worship Cam Newton again just like Redskin fans will worship RGIII again when he starts playing well again and this is why I said over the offseason players generally are mixed on adult fans. I have a few friends who play for the chargers, bills, jets, panthers and cardinals and they tell me all the time it's a love/hate relationship with adult fans because some pretend to like you but if for any reason you can't sign an autograph because you're busy or have a cold streak or lose games it's like they hate you. 

I would hope that this adversity would humble him a bit, but it looks like he has some growing up to do.  He's quick to deflect blame to take subliminal shots at others...but will not, under any circumstance, take onus for mistakes.  I like the guy and am happy that he's our franchise QB, but he has A LOT to work on.  ANd I'm not just talking about throwing mechanics and awareness. 

Oh my lucky stars a Colts fan.

"Average" my ass the Colts have a solid football team, the Redskins are flat out terrible. I would love for the Skins to have the same talent as the Colts, especially on defense.

Don't even come in here with that crap Roger. He does take the blame along with the rest of the team. No he hasn't single handily held himself accountable for some of his mistakes yet. He is a 2nd year player with tons of growth ahead of him. I clicked this link because I saw you posted. 99% of the time I agree with what you are saying but not this time. Kick us while we are down why dont you.

HTTR

Fair.  He doesn't point at his teammates.  But, I am inclined to agree with Moss in that he should take more personal accountability (if he, ultimately, wants to be a leader on this team).  Granted, personal accountability, even if genuine, doesn't make for exciting Sportscenter talk.  Me?  I enjoy seeing other teams implode and I think that is exactly what is going on here.

Fair.  He doesn't point at his teammates.  But, I am inclined to agree with Moss in that he should take more personal accountability (if he, ultimately, wants to be a leader on this team).  Granted, personal accountability, even if genuine, doesn't make for exciting Sportscenter talk.  Me?  I enjoy seeing other teams implode and I think that is exactly what is going on here.

I agree with Moss as well. I rather he had talked RG3 in person though. And yes, the team has all but imploded to the point the Hadron Collider would have a hard time finding all the pieces.

We criticize Griffin on the throw to the back of the endzone. Does anyone criticize Brady on that last play for under throwing the ball to Gronkowski?? If Brady throws that ball better the P.I call stands, or Gronk catches it.

Only Brady himself took blame for underthrowing that ball. In his press conference he admitted that he had pressure in his face and admitted he couldn't get as much on it as he wanted. He himself said it should have been a better throw.

Conversely, Griffin also admitted fault stating that he intended to throw the ball out the back of the endzone, but he had pressure in his face and threw off of his back foot. He took blame, and said he'd learn from it.

They're two very similar situations, at the same point in the game with the same INT. Even their responses were similar. However , the perceptions of each play are very different.

This been a humbling year for Robert. As Skins add O Line talent there will actually be a pocket and he'll learn to go thru his progressions and get rid of the ball quicker. Hopefully our OC will script some short pass rhythm scenarios. And we'll learn how to execute a screen pass. Griff may never be a pocket passer like Manning or Brady but neither of them break off 25 yd runs or 100 yd games

Only Brady himself took blame for underthrowing that ball. In his press conference he admitted that he had pressure in his face and admitted he couldn't get as much on it as he wanted. He himself said it should have been a better throw.

Conversely, Griffin also admitted fault stating that he intended to throw the ball out the back of the endzone, but he had pressure in his face and threw off of his back foot. He took blame, and said he'd learn from it.

They're two very similar situations, at the same point in the game with the same INT. Even their responses were similar. However , the perceptions of each play are very different.

What I'm getting from all that is Griffin is a selfish punk. Right?

Archived