Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Intense Criticism of Robert Griffin III

Sticksboi05

Did you hear what NFL Network just reported, that RG3 asked that his bad plays not be shown in the meeting room? Because apparently they didn't do that at Baylor. Wow, just wow. If this is true, this dude needs to get it together. Thankfully, the request was denied by Shanahan.

Every time I hear or read a report about Griff I cringe because I wonder who the source is and how the heck does this information keep getting out?

If I'm an owner I'm freakin pissed.

Every time I hear or read a report about Griff I cringe because I wonder who the source is and how the heck does this information keep getting out?

If I'm an owner I'm freakin pissed.

You are not kidding. Terrible business.

And thanks Randy, that's kind of what I was thinking, just wanted to be sure.

Did you hear what NFL Network just reported, that RG3 asked that his bad plays not be shown in the meeting room?  Because apparently they didn't do that at Baylor.  Wow, just wow.  If this is true, this dude needs to get it together.  Thankfully, the request was denied by Shanahan.

Well, if this is true than it is worse than I thought. How can anyone learn how to improve if they only want the team to see the plays they have that are good? He needs to not only see the bad plays he needs to study them so he can avoid those mistakes in the future if at all possible. Surely not all of the bad plays can only be attributed only to RG3s play, but he needs to face the music like any other player on the team.

Well, if this is true than it is worse than I thought. How can anyone learn how to improve if they only want the team to see the plays they have that are good? He needs to not only see the bad plays he needs to study them so he can avoid those mistakes in the future if at all possible. Surely not all of the bad plays can only be attributed to RG3, but he needs to face the music like any other player on the team.

im going to ignore this report like I ignore all reports concerning off the field hersey and not let it influence my opinion one way or another because that is what whomever leaks a report like this wants

Heck I find the report hard 2 believe anyway

BAYLOR didnt show Griffins bad plays? I call BS

There is obviously something more to the story and at the very least there is another side

Did you hear what NFL Network just reported, that RG3 asked that his bad plays not be shown in the meeting room?  Because apparently they didn't do that at Baylor.  Wow, just wow.  If this is true, this dude needs to get it together.  Thankfully, the request was denied by Shanahan.

Too bad Shanahan already came out and said that was BS.

I'm looking at RGIII's peers. I like all of their coaching staffs better. Heck Pagano went and got Luck's college OC to help out. How about when LaRon Landry is starting as a better S on a,team better than us? Honestly none of them are lighting up the skies. RGIII has the worse OL, ST, and D. Dude is far from Montana but pls, spare me the its all his fault drama.

The reports not exactly positive, of course there's benefit to him lying about it. 

So tell me, what benefit is there in a coach denying this? There's simply no benefit to him in pretending there isn't a problem if there is one. There's no benefit to him defending Robert's character if this is true. Now if Griffin himself came out and denied it, you'd have a point and I'd be right there with you. 

Shanahan reached out to the hacks on NFL network on a day where he does zero talking to the press.

Thank you!

So tell me, what benefit is there in a coach denying this? There's simply no benefit to him in pretending there isn't a problem if there is one. There's no benefit to him defending Robert's character if this is true. Now if Griffin himself came out and denied it, you'd have a point and I'd be right there with you. 

Thank you!

Of course there's benefit to defending RG3 character.  Are you serious?  He's the face of the franchise going through a tough year, if there's gonna be any success between those two, that relationship needs to be sound.  If the coach isn't going to defend his QB when the snowball's starting to roll downhill, he might as well walk into Snyder's office and say he doesn't want an extension. 

In the end, RG3's still a second year QB that's probably not as mature as he was made out to be.  That means he's not a finished product as a QB and as a man, Shanahan letting him twist in the wind would be the worst thing he could do.

Of course there's benefit to defending RG3 character.  Are you serious?  He's the face of the franchise going through a tough year, if there's gonna be any success between those two, that relationship needs to be sound.  If the coach isn't going to defend his QB when the snowball's starting to roll downhill, he might as well walk into Snyder's office and say he doesn't want an extension. 

In the end, RG3's still a second year QB that's probably not as mature as he was made out to be.  That means he's not a finished product as a QB and as a man, Shanahan letting him twist in the wind would be the worst thing he could do.

Well, in that case, you're right. Congratulations, you proved a guy wrong over the internet!

I still believe Shanahan over the parasitic POS who also claimed Big Ben wanted to leave the Steelers.

One thing I forgot to mention about the Moss comments....If Santana was such a leader, he would go to Shanahan and tell him he wants to return punts...I don't want to hear a word from Santana...not to mention all the drops he's had

Santana Moss has been a very consistent player through thick and thin on this team.  The garbage QB he has put up with over the years is mind boggling.  So he has had some drops this year.  Very uncharacteristic - And I am glad he said something indirectly towards RG3 because I have never heard Robert, except under pressure, say, "me or I".  And Moss is right. Leaders do that. 

I see Robert as a mental case.  I have all year.  He does not look like he feels safe out there.    He did NOT have the mechanic problems last year that he has this year,  He threw well from the pocket last year, he was fluid, lots of roll outs and all was good.  It is NOT a sophomore slump.  The injury, coupled with the mental repercussions are the results on the field.  He was great last year and elevated a mediocre squad.  This year he has simply joined the mediocrity.  

Next year will be very telling.  He will either be another bust or he will return to old form.  We did not draft the wrong guy.  Last year was the reason we drafted RG3 and we all saw it.    The mental, emotional, unconscious return from the injury is no where in sight from where I sit.   He is frustrated.  His teammates are frustrated.  The fans are frustrated.  The media are a group of circling buzzards.  It is a tough league.

Of course there's benefit to defending RG3 character. Are you serious? He's the face of the franchise going through a tough year, if there's gonna be any success between those two, that relationship needs to be sound. If the coach isn't going to defend his QB when the snowball's starting to roll downhill, he might as well walk into Snyder's office and say he doesn't want an extension.

In the end, RG3's still a second year QB that's probably not as mature as he was made out to be. That means he's not a finished product as a QB and as a man, Shanahan letting him twist in the wind would be the worst thing he could do.

I need proof before i believe it

The more people love you, the more people will hate you. That's life.

And last year we LOVED us some Robert Griffin. Kid just has to weather the storm and get better. Its over stated, but win and this all goes away. Hopefully he is learning all of this.

Hes a tough Kid, he will be fine, I hope.

Snap I couldn't have said it better myself bruv.

As I'm typing this, Peyton Manning (a guy who, you know, just happens to be the greatest QB of all time) has 73 yards passing and it's the 4th quarter. Could you just imagine the heart attacks some of the morons on this board would have if RG3 played a game exactly like this?!

Bad games happen people, even to the best. It's no cause for overreaction haha.

I have nothing against RG3 receiving much deserved criticism but some of the idiocy, overreaction, and quickness to bury Mr. Griffin on this board is absolutely ridiculous.

I have been critical of RGIII but this is getting ridiculous. The media is really taking it to a whole new level on this one and it's just plain stupid. Do I think RGIII has some growing up to do and that he could absolutely take a hint at how to conduct himself from peers both his age and older? ABSOLUTELY!!!

But the fact is the media and critics get worse every single year at how they absolutely pick people apart and destroy them when times are bad and lift them up to heights that are just as insane when things are going well. Look no further than Cam Newton last year - the media was destroying him as selfish and immature and basically a complete loser. Even this year they were basically saying he and Rivera were done and maybe Newton was nothing more than another athlete. Now he sparks a 7 game winning streak and all of a sudden he's "matured" and let the superlatives soar to new heights. Sound familiar to how RGIII was blown up last year?

This has been a tough year but we'll see how RGIII and the team respond over the last 6 weeks and hopefully he gets off the radar and works his ass off this offseason and will come out on fire next year. He certainly has a lot to work on both on the field and how he presents himself as a quiet professional and leader off the field. He's got the ability to be up to the task but a huge part of it will be if he can follow Santana's advice and look in the mirror first before pointing a finger at his teammates or coaches.

Archived