Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Vs Vikings Prediction Thread: Plowing Ahead

skins island connection

I sincerely believe that last season, before RGIII went down against Seattle...we were the best team in the NFL with regard to talent and ATTITUDE.  We were dominant during that win streak...even taking down the future Super Bowl champions.  Aside from Alexander, we have EVERYONE back from that team...and have even upgraded at corner with Amerson and have a healthy Merriweather in the secondary as well.

The ATTITUDE seems to be coming back.  Right now Seattle is the only team in the conference that seems to have it, to be able to take the easier opponents more lightly, then still finish the kill at the end.

Remember we were dominating Denver 21-7, then just laid down for them.  Closing out games is something we need to do more consistently.

San Fran is better than Seattle IMO.  San Fran has shown it can hang with the anyone, wherever.  Seattle has shown me they can crush teams as long as they play at home.  If not, no matter who the team is, it will be a nail bitter.  What about New Orleans? I like this team as much as you do, but rest starters for Eagles, Vikings?  Come on man, I don't even feel confident this year if we played the Jags.  Pryor would have shredded us at QB and Chargers are the dumbest organization ever for not running the ball every single down on the 1 last week.  We should be a 1 win team right now but instead we are staying in it.  I hope last weeks win puts some fire in some of these players, but I do not have the confidence playing Philly, Dallas, Giants, 49ers quite like you do.  Not yet.

San Fran is better than Seattle IMO.  San Fran has shown it can hang with the anyone, wherever.  Seattle has shown me they can crush teams as long as they play at home.  If not, no matter who the team is, it will be a nail bitter.  What about New Orleans? I like this team as much as you do, but rest starters for Eagles, Vikings?  Come on man, I don't even feel confident this year if we played the Jags.  Pryor would have shredded us at QB and Chargers are the dumbest organization ever for not running the ball every single down on the 1 last week.  We should be a 1 win team right now but instead we are staying in it.  I hope last weeks win puts some fire in some of these players, but I do not have the confidence playing Philly, Dallas, Giants, 49ers quite like you do.  Not yet.

Even after they were crushed by both Indianapolis and Seattle?  

The Giants beat Minnesota easily when they were 0-6 and likely the worst team in the NFL.

Haslett solved the Philly offense in the second half of the first game.  Unfortunately it was too late.

Dallas we were outmuscled in the trenches...but hopefully more desire and playing at home helps us cash in when in the red zone this time.

It seems every time I hear that we are facing backup OL, they play better than I would have expected the starters to perform.

I know right...i don't know how many times us 'skins fans say, "oh man orkapo/kerrigan should have 4 sacks today, they are going against ______".  And then it never happens that way.

I'm starting [ as I have all year } Morris, so if you are reading this Mike or Kyle, let the guy get his rewards for the hard work; give him the goal line rushes for the love of god!

I had to sweat like a pregnant nun until MNF was over to see that I BARELY won my games.

I woke up yesterday and it was nice and 72;  this morning Frosty the Snowman was beating on my door wanting to come in and warm up a little

{ although it could have been the crackhead down the street } as I woke up to a bone chilling 49 degrees.

WTH ? 

I've known all along that this is a big game, but it just kind of hit me... WE HAVE TO WIN TONIGHT!

Dallas is going to lose to the Saints, so we'll be .5 games out of THE DIVISION LEAD come Sunday night!

Vikings are so banged up and we are the healthiest team in the league. LETS DO IT!

Can we afford to rest starters for the upcoming divisional games as well as SF and KC?

If we rest starters: Skins 24, Vikings 21

If we play starters  Skins 45 Vikings 14

Rodney-Dangerfield-Caddyshack16.jpg

Teams that win an OT game and then have to play a Thursday Night game on the road are 1-11(heard on 980 yesterday).

I dont feel so good now....

Rodney.gif

My prediction is that the offense will suck in the first half while the defense plays well and when the offense finally wakes up in the second half the defense will fall asleep.

If this team can ever get the offense and defense to play together an entire game they might be tough to beat.

My winning advice this week? Never blitz in 3rd down and whatever you do, please god don't blitz on 4th.

What is about this defense that a big lead turns them from steel to butter? In Denver and San Diego they played shut down until we got a lead and then completely fell apart.

They key is the middle. I don't care if you have to leave a guy to spy the middle every down and we get burned deep, do NOT give up that short crap across the middle.

My prediction is that the offense will suck in the first half while the defense plays well and when the offense finally wakes up in the second half the defense will fall asleep.

If this team can ever get the offense and defense to play together an entire game they might be tough to beat.

My winning advice this week? Never blitz in 3rd down and whatever you do, please god don't blitz on 4th.

I'm sure Ponder has seen plenty of film to know that he can gash them with his legs when they are in man coverage, which is what they're best at.It also was a little disconcerting how Rivers of all people (who is about as mobile as a turkey sandwich) was able to extend plays and gain some yards on the ground. Guys aren't doing a god job of keeping contain in those situations, and (due to their lack of discipline) allow the QB an avenue out of the pocket.

If the Vikings win tonight, allowing Ponder to convert on 3rd/4th down, and giving the Viking long drives, will be one of the main reasons why.

Ok Im going to change it up a bit here

RG3 Goes off 387 yrds and 5 TDs

Almo gets stopped and only gets 15 Atts for 35 yrds

Hankerson gets 12 Recs drops 3 and has 175 yrds 3 TDs

Garcon gets shut down  2 recs 18 yrds

Jordan Reed gets 7 Recs 125 2 TDs

Ponder Gets pounded into the ground, Sacked 7 times, 5 times from Kerrigan, and throws 4 INTs. 1 to Hall Amerson and Kerrigan. 

Defense scores a TD. 

Somehow AP goes ape sheet and runs like a mad man for 230 Yrds 3 Tds on 35 Atts

And there special teams gets a TD as well

42 Skins

28 Vikings

Archived