Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Anyone familiar with this indie game coming out? The devs cite Wind Waker and Dark Souls as two of their biggest influences. I included their kickstarter video since it shows some of their ideas to allow for multiple types of solutions to problems, but the video is a bit old.

Also, there's apparently a demo available on steam that I'll have to give a try.

Here's a little Destiny Iron Banner Action. My son is 10 and is a pretty good player.  He was invited to one of the Top PVP clans out there and joined but then couldn't keep up with their schedule considering he's only 10 and needs to focus on the 4th grade and all... I've got way too many clips that are outrageous but this one was from last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1isl6eqeqz0

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1isl6eqeqz0"frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Man, I want a new MMORPG to play on PC, one that allows open world PvP, etc.  Nothing good is out there anymore though.  Camelot Unchained is probably the closest thing coming out, but who knows when it will be released.

I gave FF14 a go for the last month. It's actually a really good game but my free month is up and I'm not going to renew at this time. In a moment of insanity early this morning at 3am, I dropped a bill on the a steam copy of The Division Gold Edition. Probably will regret paying $100 for a damn Ubisoft game, but I have some friends on PC that bought it already too so it will at least be fun to play it through Co-Op. I figured between The Division on 3/8 and then Dark Souls 3 4/11, paying $15 for a month of FF14 will be a waste. Even if The Division doesn't hold my attention for a month, I got Dying Light: The Following and Grim Dawn (Badass Diablo style ARPG) and A TON of backlog to hold me over. Sucks because FF14 really is a good game and I like MMOs that require a monthly subscription because it keeps the trolling little kids out and guarantees quality content/patches, but the downside is unless you know you are going to play it it's not worth renewing.

MMORPGs really need something to come along and completely change/freshen up the genre. Everything that can be done in an MMORPG has been done. I wonder if virtual reality will shake things up? I can see the genre dying off if things remain stagnant.

He is looking back with rose colored glasses. I was there for WoW launch November 2004. It sucked.... Hard. The game was fun of course, but **** if you could even play it. They had far from enough servers and grossly underestimated how popular it was going to be. Queues to get on your server (Mine was Ner'Zhul) were 3-4 hours. They were patching and restarting servers constantly so you would get on finally for an hour or less and then get D/Ced and get back in line. Or while in line servers would go down and again... back to the end of the line. Wanted to play on the weekend... Forget about it. I saw more of the login screen than I care to remember and the music from that screen is permanently burned into my brain. IIRC we got over a month of free time ( I think day one WoW purchase and sign up people were credited around 50 days of free time on top of the first free month) credited to our accounts because of server issues and it took until January 2005 for Blizzard to get enough servers and things stable enough to be able to get on your server in an hour or less queue and play for a bunch of hours uninterrupted. But still if you were grouping with friends, if you got Disconnected you got left behind while waiting to get back through the login screen queue.

There were no Battlegrounds for a year, class balance was waaaaayyyyy off and they were constantly reworking skill trees. One week you would be overpowered, the next week your character was whacked so hard with the nerf bat rerolling was almost your only option. I was an alliance paladin and that class ended up with the most work early on and completely reworked skill trees with entirely new skills from what Paladins had a launch. The Paladin Retribution skill tree at launch was completely broken and couldn't be used. World PvP at crossroads and the faction neutral coast city (zone name is escaping me Edit: Booty Bay!!!) was new and a ton of fun, but with it came jackass rogues backstabbing and CCing you in other zones for hours while trying to quest. Zones were so crowded it was a struggle just to find and kill quest mobs because 30 other people from your faction were looking for the same mobs and crafting nodes. Vanilla WoW was fun, but it was far from perfect as people seem to look back and claim.

Towards when TBC came out is when it was really at its best and yeah at that time I'll agree it was probably one of the best games of all time then. WoW in the months leading up to TBC and a few months after its release is in my Top 3 best games of all time. It was kind of sad to see all that set gear, shiny blues and purples you grinded weeks/months for in UBRS, LBRS, Strath etc etc get replaced in TBC by FREAKING GREEN GEAR in the very first zone, but it was still one hell of a ride. I never got to try Molton Core or Onyxia, the guild I was in wasnt hardcore enough and we liked the 5-10 man dungeons. We also never had anywhere close to a solid group of 40 people with the specific classes and characters geared to the teeth required to try those instances.

That's my memory of World of Warcraft. Complete train wreck at launch, one of the worst releases of all time. Thinking back, it's a miracle they survived that launch actually. Had it not had the Warcraft name and the Blizzard brand attached to it I doubt it would have made it. Or maybe the fact that it was a fun game when you could actually play it and the fact that you outright couldn't even get on your server most days just made people want to play it even more.

Holy Smokes didn't mean for that to be so long.

Also, I typed:

*LFG LvL 60 Pally UBRS, LBRS, Strath, BD, Scholo PST*

more times than I'd like to remember. I think I have typed that sentence more times than any other sentence in my lifetime :).

I gotta say, I can't wait until we can add Nintendo NX to this conversation. I'm really excited about the NX, more hyped for it to be revealed than with any other console in recent memory. It's rumored to be some type of powerhouse console/handheld hybrid. The rumor is the main hardware will be a handheld like the Wii U remote, but you will be able to put it in a docking system that will connect it to a tv like a traditional console. The handheld will run games on par with PS4 graphics, but when its in the docking system the NX will be on par with a powerful PC. If that indeed is what the NX is, Nintendo will charge back to the front of the pack and blow away PS4 and XBone. Should be an interesting Nintendo Direct at E3. With the new Zelda launching with it, that would be an easy day one purchase for me no matter what the price and I'd even make sure I got a preorder in to get one day it which I haven't done since PS2. Would also probably delay my purchase of the Oculus Rift which I've been waiting to get for years.

I refuse to be excited about NX until I see something concrete from Nintendo. After all these years of them acting like industry competition was a choice and not a necessity, I need some real reassurance that they are making a console the gamers want and not one they love internally. And they'll start working harder towards helping third party devs and publishers. If not, I'm not even going to bother. 

I refuse to be excited about NX until I see something concrete from Nintendo. After all these years of them acting like industry competition was a choice and not a necessity, I need some real reassurance that they are making a console the gamers want and not one they love internally. And they'll start working harder towards helping third party devs and publishers. If not, I'm not even going to bother.

All very valid points.

I was saying in the mobile thread, Humble Bundle right now has another Star Wars Bundle. If you pay higher than the average price which is as of this post $7.87 you get Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2, Tie Fighter Special Edition, X-Wing Special edition. For just $1 you get x wing vs tie fighter, Star Wars rebellion, x wing alliance. If you pay $9.99 you get everything listed plus Lego Star Wars and empire at war. The higher than average tier includes the $1 tier. Star Wars Tie fighter is one of my favorite games so I def bought the middle tier. Also, the Knights of the old republic 2 is a steam workshop game so you can mod KOTOR2 to have all the cut content from the last 3rd of the game added back into the game and play the game the developers meant for people to play before they were rushed to release the game. All the games come with steam codes def worth checking out if you like Star Wars games.

Man, I've had the privilege to play with him and Code before and Liam is a ****ing pimp.  I remember one match he finished something like 29-3 and Code said that he was watching Youtube videos of whatever while he played with us lol.

LOL... and that annoys the hell out of me.  

BTW, we gotta play some more siege. We both really have fun playing it with you.  Let me know when you are free sometime.

LOL... and that annoys the hell out of me.  

BTW, we gotta play some more siege. We both really have fun playing it with you.  Let me know when you are free sometime.

Yeah bro, had a blast playing with you guys.  Need to definitely get some games in before next Tuesday when the Division hits.  I've been playing a lot of Forza 6 the past few days.  I love the game, but I completely suck online.  No matter what car I pick, how it's tuned, etc.  I seem to start out good, get wrecked in the first lap, then cannot recover.

I end up finishing last or at the back of the pack, every online race.  No matter what my specs are.  I'll get going and next thing I know, the pack of cars in front of me is so far ahead, there is no chance of finishing anywhere close to the middle or top.  I just cant catch up.  

I look at the other cars specs and I will have more speed/acceleration and get blown away.  I know that is linear speed and there is more to it than just that, but I find it hard to believe that some of the tuning makes that much of a difference.  I also am having problems finding tips or how to actually maximize speed in curves.

Do I let off the gas completely and apply brakes, do I keep the gas pressed while I'm applying breaks, etc.?  

I am pretty pumped for the Division. Taking next Wednesday off of work to put in some serious time.

Also, just ordered the HyperX Cloud II headset. Lot of great reviews for a headset under $100.

Yeah bro, had a blast playing with you guys.  Need to definitely get some games in before next Tuesday when the Division hits.  I've been playing a lot of Forza 6 the past few days.  I love the game, but I completely suck online.  No matter what car I pick, how it's tuned, etc.  I seem to start out good, get wrecked in the first lap, then cannot recover.

I end up finishing last or at the back of the pack, every online race.  No matter what my specs are.  I'll get going and next thing I know, the pack of cars in front of me is so far ahead, there is no chance of finishing anywhere close to the middle or top.  I just cant catch up.  

I look at the other cars specs and I will have more speed/acceleration and get blown away.  I know that is linear speed and there is more to it than just that, but I find it hard to believe that some of the tuning makes that much of a difference.  I also am having problems finding tips or how to actually maximize speed in curves.

Do I let off the gas completely and apply brakes, do I keep the gas pressed while I'm applying breaks, etc.?  

We will playing the Division as well.  The open beta was a lot better than the closed Beta IMO.  Pretty pumped to play.

We will playing the Division as well.  The open beta was a lot better than the closed Beta IMO.  Pretty pumped to play.

I actually avoided the open beta lol.  I had already pre-ordered the game anyhow, so I decided that I didn't want to play a ton, then have to start all over again.

What system are you all playing The Division on? I actually wish I was playing on console for this one as I'm sure the hacking kiddies will ruin the dark zone on PC. Hacking ran wild during the betas but I think Ubisoft didn't have their anticheats on. A lot of the game is handled client side so all anyone has to do to hack is alter the files on their PC.

If you're purchase of a Nintendo console hinges on third party support and them making a their console just more powerful hardware (because that seems to be what the people want), then I'd recommend you just go ahead and pass on them.

What system are you all playing The Division on? I actually wish I was playing on console for this one as I'm sure the hacking kiddies will ruin the dark zone on PC. Hacking ran wild during the betas but I think Ubisoft didn't have their anticheats on. A lot of the game is handled client side so all anyone has to do to hack is alter the files on their PC.

I'm playing on PS4.  Might buy it for both consoles though, gonna wait until after I play some more on PS4 before I spring for both systems though.

If you're purchase of a Nintendo console hinges on third party support and them making a their console just more powerful hardware (because that seems to be what the people want), then I'd recommend you just go ahead and pass on them.

So you're saying they're never going to change? 

Archived