Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Because my PC only has a mini-HDMI output and I've been running VGA on it since I got it. It's pretty old. I can run HDMI right into the monitor. Kinda lazy, tbh.

I'm sure I can get an adapter for the mini-hdmi to HDMI and it will work, which I probably will. But just asking if it supported VGA.

My 560ti had that mini HDMI on one end and the regular sized on the other. Weirdest thing I had never seen that before or even knew it existed. I'm looking into those sweet 34in widescreen 2k monitors. I just HDMI into my 40in LED tv but I'd much rather have a PC monitor with 144hz refresh rate to take full advantage of my card. I just can't go back to a PC monitor after using my PC with a regular tv, too small. They finally are creating big monitors though but they cost an arm and a leg at around $800. I def can't swing the monitor and the Oculus so if the reviews and games on Oculus aren't that great I'm going to get the monitor next Christmas.

This is the one I want the acer predator and I was wrong it's a grand+ but it's a sick monitor.

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-UltraWide-Widescreen-X34/dp/B016GNX4SE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457315088&sr=8-1&keywords=predator+x34

Edit: Actually this is the correct monitor the Acer Predator Z35. It's a 35in 2k, the one above is 4K. 4K is really demanding though so id rather just have the 2k monitor because it's def more than adequate for what I'm looking for. This one is right at $1,000 so hopefully by next holiday season there will be a sweet deal.

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-Z35-35-inch-speakers/dp/B01A0FEBXQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457315474&sr=8-1&keywords=predator+z35

I cant play comfortably on anything but a LED TV that is at least 42"

Those monitors above though, look pretty awesome though!

How do you hook your console up to one, if it doesnt have HDMI?

So, I just saw they have 55" monitors, for over 3 grand.

Why wouldnt you just buy the best TV out, which is cheaper and bigger?

I understand the touchscreen monitors, but I dont understand the difference?

I cant play comfortably on anything but a LED TV that is at least 42"

Those monitors above though, look pretty awesome though!

How do you hook your console up to one, if it doesnt have HDMI?

So, I just saw they have 55" monitors, for over 3 grand.

Why wouldnt you just buy the best TV out, which is cheaper and bigger?

I understand the touchscreen monitors, but I dont understand the difference?

Monitor I play on now has HDMI input along with VGA input.  It's 23", but an old one and not a true gaming one.  I have my XB1 and PS4 beside each other on my desk, just use the same HDMI, ethernet and optical cable (for sound) for each by swapping out.  

So, I'm looking for an actual gaming monitor to use for both PC and console.  I do so much better gaming on a smaller monitor as opposed to a big screen.  I used to play consoles on my 60 inch and 46 inch TVs, but found that I do better on a PC monitor.  

Why cant you buy a TV that is smaller, instead of a dedicated monitor?

This is the part I guess I dont know about.

What can a monitor do, that a TV cant?

I game in my office, so I have my gaming PC in here.  I use the monitor for both PC and console gaming.  I also have a TV in here, hooked up to direct TV and my old PS3 (for Netflix, Amazon, etc.) so I can game while watching a ballgame, movie, or TV show.

It's easier for me to see everything on a PC monitor, sitting right in front of it, relaxed.  Instead of having to sit way back from a large TV or right up on a small one in a chair.  

24' Benq 1ms gaming monitor. Absolutely love it. Hard to play on the tv now. It's HDMI but has vga input as well

75 Hz refresh?

I really disliked watchdogs. I expected so much has more from the game and imo it looked terrible. Feel like I played games on the 360 which looked better. But that's just my opinion. Few of my friends loved the game.

And MTGTM if you're looking for a game like that play dayz or Arma. U cant be killed when you're offline but bases can be raided and items can be stolen.

When you die you lose everything. Makes the battles so much more intense. Going to be difficult for me to go back to a battlefield or cod game after playing so much rainbow and Arma.

I really disliked watchdogs. I expected so much has more from the game and imo it looked terrible. Feel like I played games on the 360 which looked better. But that's just my opinion. Few of my friends loved the game.

And MTGTM if you're looking for a game like that play dayz or Arma. U cant be killed when you're offline but bases can be raided and items can be stolen.

When you die you lose everything. Makes the battles so much more intense. Going to be difficult for me to go back to a battlefield or cod game after playing so much rainbow and Arma.

I assume that's PC only? Need s console version

Basically what game breaker said. For games like a single player RPG and stuff like that yeah it doesn't really matter for most people other than getting a much sharper higher resolution picture. But for fighting games and FPS you want the best refresh rate possible and least amount of input lag. A quarter of a second makes a huge difference in fighting and FPS especially at competitive levels of gaming. Plus, with the fast refresh rates and a top of the line GPU games look better on a dedicated gaming PC monitor like the ones I listed above. Tvs have too large of a response time and lag, dedicated PC monitors are the only screens that get the refresh rates you need to notice a difference with a high end GPU. You are right though, for most people just HDMIing into your LED 42" screen is good enough and you will be more than satisfied. The 980ti card I have in my PC, only using 1080p resolution is almost criminal and wasting the potential of the card and the whole reason to have one. High end PC gaming is def not cheap, but if one has the resources to put everything together with top of the line components, the experience you get will drop your jaw to the floor and you will never want to go back, just like how you and I after playing on 40"-42" LED screens cannot go back to a 20" monitor.

Here is a good description below of what the monitors do that Tvs can't currently (or maybe they can but it would probably be around a $3,000 tv. Once you experience a game like Witcher 3 or Rise of the Tomb Raider on a monitor like this, there is no going back and you will just long for having that setup. It's terrible really because it's a hard sell to your significant other that you want a $1,000 dedicated PC monitor. First World problems for sure and my wife grew up in Bulgaria right after the fall of the USSR.... I cannot even explain to you trying to convince her I would want to spend 1k on something like that. It's drama in a box just waiting to pop out and spring to life. The worst part is.... She is right.

"Get the buttery-smooth gameplay you’ve dreamed of. NVIDIA G-SYNC synchronizes the refresh rate of the monitor with your powerful GPU to eliminate screen tearing and minimize display stutter and input lag so scenes appear instantly, objects look sharper and game play is super smooth. The Predator Z35 comes clocked at 144Hz, but when overclocked, it can generally reach 200Hz, giving you even smoother gameplay without motion blur."

If you are playing a fighting game or FPS on a setup like this, you will have the advantage especially on a smaller version of the screen like Taze likes because it's easier to see everything and it's a smaller distance with a mouse to cover the entire screen. Like the description says, everything is happening instantly while people with other setups it's a quarter to half second behind. In those types of twitch games, someone who is good will get the jump on you everytime.

I assume that's PC only? Need s console version

Ark: Survival Evolved is like that and on Xbox One. I think you said you played it already though right? On the PC Ark has a battle royal mode too that I hope for console gamers it is available to play at some point.

I game in my office, so I have my gaming PC in here. I use the monitor for both PC and console gaming. I also have a TV in here, hooked up to direct TV and my old PS3 (for Netflix, Amazon, etc.) so I can game while watching a ballgame, movie, or TV show.

It's easier for me to see everything on a PC monitor, sitting right in front of it, relaxed. Instead of having to sit way back from a large TV or right up on a small one in a chair.

75 Hz refresh?

I can't remember off the top of my head, but I know it matches the consoles in that it's as fast as possible on either console.

BenQ RL2455HM 24" LED LCD Monitor - 16:9 - 1 ms

What everyone else said. It's about the refresh rate. The clarity is unreal and it's so much easier to track everything. Since going to the monitor, I struggle playing on my 47' tv.

The one I have is the same one that they use in MLG gaming tournaments.

I can't remember off the top of my head, but I know it matches the consoles in that it's as fast as possible on either console.

BenQ RL2455HM 24" LED LCD Monitor - 16:9 - 1 ms

What everyone else said. It's about the refresh rate. The clarity is unreal and it's so much easier to track everything. Since going to the monitor, I struggle playing on my 47' tv.

The one I have is the same one that they use in MLG gaming tournaments.

Yeah it's 75hz refresh. $179 from Amazon is a good deal too marked down from $300. Yeah ever wonder why that guy playing CoD is at a 30:3 K/D and everytime you see him it seems you saw him first but before you can even fire more than once he has swung around and pumped you full of bullets making you want to rage quit thinking the game is cheating bull****??? It's because of skill and monitors like that one.

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-RL2455HM-24-Inch-Console-Monitor/dp/B007HSKSMI

Yea for now. DayZ will be on Xbone soon. Think they said Q1 it will be on the preview program. Will be interesting to see how it plays on the Xbox.

It's sort of hot garbage on the PC currently, needs a lot of work still. The animations are very clunky and the gun play is terrible. Shooting zombies and players just doesn't feel satisfying at all. It's hard to explain. They are supposed to be working on all that stuff though. I bought it on steam early access and haven't touched it in years. Hopefully one day it will get up to par with the DayZ mod.

It's sort of hot garbage on the PC currently, needs a lot of work still. The animations are very clunky and the gun play is terrible. Shooting zombies and players just doesn't feel satisfying at all. It's hard to explain. They are supposed to be working on all that stuff though. I bought it on steam early access and haven't touched it in years. Hopefully one day it will get up to par with the DayZ mod.

It has gotten much better. They are supposed to be releasing .60 within the next few weeks which will introduce the new render which should really change just about everything. 

Its not Arma or BF but its getting there. Hopefully with the next few patches they will fix a lot of their problems. Still very frustrating to spend 2 hours looting to be killed by a hacker or a stair glitch. 

Why im pretty much sticking to Arma right now. Love the Exile mod for Arma. So much fun. 

Was just looking at my current monitor specs, which it's an old Dell monitor, not a great one by any means.  It's only 60 Hz refresh, and I had no problem playing MMORPGs for PC with it over the years.  This Benq is 75 Hz, console only can go to 60 Hz, so it will be an upgrade for both PC and Console gaming for me.  Plus for the price you can't get better than that.

Might just order it now and take **** from the wife about it later :D  

Debating if I want the 27 inch or the 24 inch though.  I read reviews with a grain of salt, especially for the bad ones.  Out of 1500 reviews, 78% are 5 star, 12% 4 star, 4% 3 star, 3% 2 star, 3% 1 star.

I know there are going to be lemons and defects in any product.  And 90% of 1500 reviews screams great product.  The common thing I read in the poor reviews was people saying that they had ghosting, the colors were bad regardless of the settings and them trying to use suggested settings from online.  Some saying that it was fine but went bad quickly or within a year or so.

I am pretty sure I'm still going to pull the trigger though.

Edit:  I might need to rethink this, cause this is a console gaming monitor and I'm reading that it is horrible for PC gaming.  But I don't really want to drop a ton of $$$ on one that can do both.

Ark: Survival Evolved is like that and on Xbox One. I think you said you played it already though right? On the PC Ark has a battle royal mode too that I hope for console gamers it is available to play at some point.

I only played the early access preview with Ark so I didn't get a chance to dive into it really. I definitely want to give that another shot. And a battle royal mode inside that game sounds pretty fun

OK. So my TV I use, has a 60hz refresh rate, so anything higher, my Xbox couldn't even utilize?

Is that correct?

That is correct.  The gaming monitor we have been discussing, is only 75 Hz, but has a 1ms GTS response time which greatly reduces lag, and was being used in gaming tournaments.  So, it should improve your gaming performance, as opposed to playing on a large TV.

But I'm at a crossroads right now because I do game on my PC too.  And that monitor was strictly built for console gaming, so the bad reviews I've been reading, a lot of them point out that using it for your PC is horrible, including just web browsing.  My current Dell monitor is only 60 Hz, but I have never experienced any motion blurring in any online game I play on it.

Which is what some reviews were stating.  I need my monitor to be able to perform well for both PC and console gaming.  But I don't and won't drop $400+ to get one.  

Microsoft has canceled Fable Legends, which has been in closed beta for over a year, and is also closing down Lionhead Studios and Press Play.

I was a fan of Fable, but I saw the writing on the way when they sent me a survey in regards to the closed beta. It just wasn't fun, and it absolutely wasn't what any fan of Fable wanted. We wanted Fable 4, not Evolve in a Fable world.

Ubisoft PC servers melted down. I got on to make a character and then D/Ced and can't reconnect. Gotta wait an hour or two until all the try hard children rage quit to bed.

You must be talking about the Division. Looks like Ubisoft has been having a lot of issues with the PC version. 

Archived