Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Rocket League was one of the biggest surprises in gaming of 2015, coming out of nowhere and pulling players into what is essentially soccer (or football, if you prefer) played with rocket-powered cars that wear hats. After months of only being available on the PlayStation 4 and PC, a release date has finally been revealed for the Xbox One version of the game.

The game officially arrives on the Xbox One on February 17according to Xbox Wire. WhileRocket League will sell for the same $20 price tag as it did on other platforms, gamers will get a lot more for their money. Not only does the game pack in some console-exclusive vehicles, but DLC released separately for the other versions of the game will be included right out of the gate.

http://news.yahoo.com/rocket-league-lets-car-sports-141740304.html

Rainbow 6|Siege is really a well put together game. I've played all the COD titles, and all the Battlefield titles, and R6 for me, is just a better game.

Teamwork and communication are the keys. Operator selection is solid, and they will keep releasing more through the years. New maps will be released through the year as well.

While there is not a campaign, they do have the situations, which gets you renown points, and teaches you how certain operators work. Everyone has a special tool/weapon/gadget, and the primary weapon selection is solid, as well as customizable.

People complain about the servers, but I've had zero issues with them.

I know most of you have it, but if you don't, you're missing out on a great game!

DTCMAYOR is my GT on XBOX ONE, and I also play Madden, so add me if you're down for either!

While I'm on here, has anyone used this controller?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/power-a-fus1on-wired-controller-for-xbox-one-black/4466203.p?id=1219751157202&skuId=4466203&cmp=RMX&lsft=ref:212,loc:1&ksid=d88c3613-b6e9-443f-abc5-656cca7dedaa&ksprof_id=3&ksaffcode=pg36984&ksdevice=m

I ask, because I'm thinking about the Elite, but the guy at Best Buy said this was pretty good.

Anyone have this? Anyone have the Elite?

Thoughts? Comments?

My set up allows a 9 foot cable to be a non issue.

Until I saw the Power A, I was torn between Elite and the Razr one that's also $150.

I think I'm just going to go with the elite.

What about headsets? I've got the Astro A40 with the upgraded mix amp, bug hate them.

I tried the TB 800 X Elite, and also hated those.

I'm using my Tritton 720s from my 360 that I modded to work on the One, but I'd like to get something just as good, but less clunky.

I'm buying a brand new Hyper X Cloud 2 tomorrow. $40. Heard those are pretty good.

What do you guys use?

I can mod them to use on the XB1. Pretty simple. Just get a a real top end optical cable and use a 3.5-3.5 cable from unit to controller!

That is what I did with mine, but with the mic port gone I needed new ones. I knew they were awesome when I looked on amazon and saw the 720s being sold for more than the Astro A30. You lucked out finding replacements for $25. 

While I'm on here, has anyone used this controller?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/power-a-fus1on-wired-controller-for-xbox-one-black/4466203.p?id=1219751157202&skuId=4466203&cmp=RMX&lsft=ref:212,loc:1&ksid=d88c3613-b6e9-443f-abc5-656cca7dedaa&ksprof_id=3&ksaffcode=pg36984&ksdevice=m

I ask, because I'm thinking about the Elite, but the guy at Best Buy said this was pretty good.

Anyone have this? Anyone have the Elite?

Thoughts? Comments?

The Elite is far and away the best controller I've ever used. If you are willing to spend 150, there is nothing better.  I have a Scuf controller as well and the elite blows it out of the water.  If 4 paddles are too much, you can remove 2 of them. That's what I did.  IN addition, the rumbles are different and amazing. If you want more details, just let me know.

Gamebreaker, I find 720s cheap all day.

There was a guy selling a brand new, unopened pair of Gears of War 720s for $35.

Let me see if he still has them

Also, when you say, "mic port", do you mean the actual hole that you plug the mic in is gone, or are you talking about not having the mic itself, or the mic is broken?

Reason I ask, is I lost my mic, and bought a new one online for $12

Maybe I'm missing something, but what can one do with that controller that they can't do with a regular Xbox One controller?  Just reading about it and I get that it's programable, but what edge will that really give you in say FPS games?  

I could see it helpful in fighting games where multiple button presses for a combo are needed.  What am I missing?

Maybe I'm missing something, but what can one do with that controller that they can't do with a regular Xbox One controller? Just reading about it and I get that it's programable, but what edge will that really give you in say FPS games?

I could see it helpful in fighting games where multiple button presses for a combo are needed. What am I missing?

For one, the paddles underneath mean that you can hit all the face buttons without taking your thumb off the joystick so you don't have that small period where you hit the reload/open door and get caught with your pants down

You can also adjust the joystick height for preferred comfort. And the buttons are completely customizable so if you can find a preferred layout that obviously helps.

It's made for competitive gaming so most would never have need for that level of enhancement but I guess every little bit helps.

You can customize every single thing.

You have three sizes for the sticks, and can adjust the movement. Smooth, delayed, aggressive.

You can lock the triggers, and adjust their click points. I just customized my right trigger to be a hair trigger for Seige. When I just barely pull it, its hitting, and its locked, so the bounce back is reduced. I've customized a paddle to reload, and another paddle also does what RB does, so depending on what operator I choose, I can use their gadget a little easier.

This is the real deal. I won't ever use a non Elite controller again. The weight, the grip, the movement are all fantastic.

They did a great job with this. Almost bought the Power A. So glad I didn't.

Also, for those that have PS4, you can use the Elite Controller on your PS4 with some USB device they sell.

. I looked into that but there were a lot of negative reviews and comments regarding that it's glitchy and doesn't feel as accurate. I ended up getting a scuff. It had the on the fly remapping which is awesome. The trigger pull is reduced as well. I love it. I really wish Microsoft would just make an elite for the ps4. They make software and Apps for Mac and iPhone, why not make a controller for ps4 and make a ton of money.

I play two games. Madden and R6. I will play The Division when it comes out.

Just the minor adjustments I made, improved my gameplay on R6. I pretty much made Twitch's Long Range rifle an automatic.Code, What adjustments did you make on the Elite, for R6?

Now that interests me.  You can make one rapid fire/automatic and just by holding the button down like you would on most guns, it works the same instead of having to press the button multiple times due to the weapon being semi-auto?

Cause that alone might be worth it for me lol.

I play two games. Madden and R6. I will play The Division when it comes out.

Just the minor adjustments I made, improved my gameplay on R6. I pretty much made Twitch's Long Range rifle an automatic.Code, What adjustments did you make on the Elite, for R6?

I made the paddles work for R1 and R2. Easier to keep my fingers in triggers and thin sticks.

Archived