Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Battlefield 4 is, and always will be, the business.  32 vs 32, pure chaos.  Tanks, choppers, attack boats, AC130s, jeeps, AA vehicles.  I believe BF4 has over 120 guns.  So much friggin' fun.  It's been out over 2 years and wife and I still play it a few times a week.

ST, I read an article the other day about BF5...saying that DICE is working on "revolutionary FPS technology."  Time to fap.   :o

I called that on SW Battlefront a little while back during the beta saying it had no staying power because there were huge flaws under the hood and took some heat for it. Really sad too considering it was DICE, hopefully that was just them laying the groundwork and the sequel is much better with some single player stuff. The graphics, sound and feel is dead on and the best Star Wars experience one can have outside of the movies, but the game itself is a pretty average to subpar barebones experience when you get down to it. Wondering what is coming in the season pass that is as much as the retail release. Probably all the missing content which would be a real slap in the face to have to pay what $110 for the complete game? Absolutely a cash grab to get it out during The Force Awakens season.

XCOM2 is freaking awesome. The way things are flipped around and it's your squad on the run scrambling around while the aliens are setup is a great twist. There are performance issues though and currently if you don't have a beast of a PC the game can't be maxed out. The game is still more than playable but this is no StarWars Battlefront graphics wise so there is no reason for the lack of optimization at launch. I'm guessing once some drivers come out and a few patches performance will be much better in a couple weeks. I'm all the way maxed out and my FPS dips down into the 30s at times and there are small delays between actions sometimes but it's not game breaking or anything and I could always drop my settings to high. Just giving a heads up.

Destiny is #1 for me followed by Siege

It's too bad destiny too was jacked at the beginning to where they had to double down and focus on the console versions so a PC edition never has had a chance to get off the ground. There was an article on destiny back in November that layed out the Dev schedule for the 10 year plan and their planned content schedule was just an insane unrealistic schedule that there was no way they were going to be able to meet deadlines. Also which I didn't know, they completely scrapped the ENTIRE story like 9 months before release and had to rewrite pretty much the entire thing because the senior staff didn't like the original story. I can try and dig up those articles if anyone is interested they were really good reads and insight into the development of destiny and their plans going forward the next year or two. Destiny 2 has already been pushed back.

Dont get me wrong I'm not trying to bag on destiny, if anything I'm shocked that against all odds they have gotten the game into a state finally where the Devs are pretty happy with it and it has always been a game I've wanted to come to PC. Maybe the sequel will make it. I have a new respect for Bungie to tell you the truth. Give me a minute I'll look for what I read on it and edit them in.

Edit: Here are the two articles with a piece from both of them. I apologize they are from Kotaku *Barf*. Interesting reads though especially if you are a fan of Destiny.

http://kotaku.com/the-messy-true-story-behind-the-making-of-destiny-1737556731

"Two years ago, something went wrong. Destiny’s writing team, led by the well-respected Bungie veteran Joe Staten, had been working on the game for several years. They’d put together what they called the ‘supercut’—a two-hour video comprising the game’s cinematics and major story beats. In July, they showed it to the studio’s leadership. That’s when things went off the rails, according to six people who worked on Destiny. Senior staff at Bungie were unhappy with how the supercut had turned out. They decided it was too campy and linear, sources say, and they quickly decided to scrap Staten's version of the story and start from scratch."

http://kotaku.com/the-great-destiny-malaise-of-2016-1754495561

It may help clear things up for players to know this: One of the reasons Bungie has no roadmap is that they may not know exactly what’s coming down the road. Plans for Destiny’s future are constantly in flux. As an example, just last week higher-ups at Bungie delayed “Destiny 2” out of this September, according to people familiar with goings-on at the studio. Although Bungie has not yet announced Destiny 2—which could be called something else to avoid confusion—it was essentially public information that they’d planned to release a new iteration of the game this fall, thanks to a contract leaked in 2012 that revealed the scope of their “ten-year plan” for Destiny. For a long time, Bungie had a schedule of annualized releases that would swap between “full” games (“Destiny Game 1, Destiny Game 2”) and hefty expansions (“Comet 1, Comet 2”). As of last week, that appears to have changed. (Bungie declined to comment.)

So whom on Xbox is scooping up the division? I'll need some people to run with...

I will. Gamertag is SloMoBackSlap, if you don't already have it. I'm trying to take a dark zone and just run that joint. Nobody gets to extract their gear but us, taking everyone else's loot like Debo in Friday. "That's my loot punk!" :)

Zazz, 

Yeah I actually liked the proposed story for Destiny before the senior execs canned it and forced the lead writer to bolt back to Microsoft. It was your typical Bungie flair, a strong campaign story with a major plot twist in the middle of the story. Think the reveal of the Flood threat in Halo:CE when the entire time you thought your only threat was the Covenant. But for some odd reason the story was too far over the head of the higher ups at Bungie, who thought us simpletons wouldn't be able to follow the story because they weren't able to follow the story. And as a result, we get the non-plot of a story that Destiny has now. 

Maybe the big plot twist can be used in Destiny 2, or something close to it. But if you play the Taken King, you can tell they realized how badly they screwed the story initially and made changes. The Taken King expansion has way more cutscenes, and better narrative of what is going on, what needs to be done, and why you're doing it. The supporting characters in the Tower had more dialogue and more personality. Previously I couldn't believe they paid big Hollywood actors to voice roles of random vendors in the Tower, now they brought them back and gave them some actual material to work with. 

Well damn GB........guess I'll have to buy the ****ing game on XB1 too :P

I thought you said you were getting it on X1 anyway! Or was that Siege or a different game? I dunno, three kids makes you lose your short term memory pretty easily. 

I'm on the fence about getting the division for PC when it comes out. Taking a wait and see approach as it sort of seems like how they ran the Diablo 3 beta. They had us test basically the tutorial of the game over and over and over so when the retail release dropped the later parts were super unbalanced and there was no end game at all. Not saying the division will fall into that trap, but it is ****ing Ubisoft. This was another game I was really really high on for the longest time but now sadly it's a wait and see. Hoping it does well because I like MMO type games with FPS mechanics. Plus the 2nd white March expansion for Pillars of eternity comes out mid February, Grim Dawn comes out end of Feb and another early March game I've been waiting for releases too. But let's keep our fingers crossed for the division it could be really good.

Destiny 2 has never been announced so it's hard to say it has been "delayed".  Personally, I feel like the reason that they made the changes that they did before release was because while what they originally intended was cool, could they have actually pull it off?  Destiny is clearly not for everyone. If you are looking for a story based game, look somewhere else.  It has a story, but its not like fallout etc...  But, when you have a game that focuses on multiplayer the way Destiny does, I don't know that they could do it. I don't think the technology is up to snuff yet.  That's why Bethesda keeps Fallout as a single player game.

I thought you said you were getting it on X1 anyway! Or was that Siege or a different game? I dunno, three kids makes you lose your short term memory pretty easily. 

I got 6 Siege on both and was debating on getting the Division on both.  I pre-ordered on PS4, but I have a $35 gamestop gift card to use, so I'll most likely use that to buy in on XB1 too.

Bungie didn't announce Destiny 2, but internally it was known that the target time was fall 2016 and that was also leaked. They could've had a plan to announce it at E3, like most developers and publishers do. Additionally, the fall 2016 target has been abandoned and there are sources within Bungie who didn't find out before the media did. The lack of communication is kinda worrisome, but not surprising when there is new leadership in charge.

IMO, delays aren't always a bad thing. I'd rather wait on a good game than play a bad one sooner. So they should take whatever time they need to make it right. I know the Destiny game engine is cumbersome, and they were working on a new engine to use for Destiny 2. Maybe that hasn't been completed yet. I've also heard the new CEO is highly regarded in the gaming community, so that is also good news.

Let's just hope no more influential people in Bungie start leaving. If history is any indication, that typically doesn't bode well for the very next game released.

If you are looking for a story based game, look somewhere else.

We'll have to agree to disagree here, but if you're going to bother to do a story either do a good one or don't bother at all. It isn't impossible for a game to have great co-op/multiplayer and also have a great story/campaign to go with it. They did it with Halo:CE and Halo:Reach, why is Destiny any different?

There are certainly cases where going with no story has worked out, like Titanfall and Rainbow Six Siege. But those games were marketed with the knowledge there is no story here, so gamers weren't going into them being disappointed when they didn't get one or a good one. Destiny wasn't marketed that way, and so if they are going to play up their created universe, do us gamers a favor and don't build the story around the broken pieces of a narrative you've already ripped to shreds.

We'll have to agree to disagree here, but if you're going to bother to do a story either do a good one or don't bother at all. It isn't impossible for a game to have great co-op/multiplayer and also have a great story/campaign to go with it. They did it with Halo:CE and Halo:Reach, why is Destiny any different?

There are certainly cases where going with no story has worked out, like Titanfall and Rainbow Six Siege. But those games were marketed with the knowledge there is no story here, so gamers weren't going into them being disappointed when they didn't get one or a good one. Destiny wasn't marketed that way, and so if they are going to play up their created universe, do us gamers a favor and don't build the story around the broken pieces of a narrative you've already ripped to shreds.

Destiny is nothing like any of those games or any other that has ever come out. (On console) It is unique.

Just pre-loaded firewatch for PC. Believe it is also being released on PS4. Looks pretty intriguing.

Hey let us/me know how it is, it's on my list of games to follow and see how it pans out.

I just took the plunge and started a character in Final Fantasy 14. Have a lol 14 gladiator. So I'm switching off between XCOM2 and FF14 keeping them both fresh.

Code I was just posting the articles showing how truly amazing it is Bungie got the game into the shape it is at all. They have had the deck stacked against them and many other studios would have failed. Destiny was intended to have a huge story that spanned 3 games and multiple expansions. Or at least that's what I remember way back when from when they first announced the 10 year partnership. So to scrap it so late in development wasn't a good thing and why parts of the lore you have to find out outside of the game. Again, I'm not trying to take shots at the game, I'm amazed they have pulled it off and I wish I could play it on PC is my only issue.

Dying Light The Following also released today. Free if you have the seasons pass or $19.99 if you hadn't. It's actually a mini expansion and also if you haven't bought the DLC the core game has been updated to an enhanced edition with a bunch of free upgrades and new systems (The Legends System adds upgrades to the 3 main skill trees after you have maxed them out and a bunch of other stuff) so it's something for everyone. So I'll be adding that into my rotation too. Quite happy with my FF14, XCOM2, Dying Light game rotation as its 3 completely different styles of games. Man it's going to be a sad day when I move back to Tahoe and rejoin society going back to work at the end of this month. Have been very much enjoying my steam account and watching all the Capitals games and the rest of the NHL. Not very often one gets an opportunity like this in their mid 30s and luckily I squirreled away enough money to live comfortably during this surgery downtime. My wife has been getting pretty annoyed and jealous about it though :).

Zaz... I'm aware of the whole story.... Pretty cool what it could have been.  Honestly, I played Destiny from Day 1 and quit because while it had amazing gunplay, I got bored quick. What changed for me was when I made friends with other people who played and was able to do the raids.  That changed my thoughts on Destiny.  I pretty much play the game daily in some way.  I've become a much much better PVP player because of Destiny.  I love the game because of the relationships and cooperation.

Wasn't slagging you or anything. Just saying that their grand plan probably wasn't realistic given the nature of the game.  Hopefully they can make it happen in the future.

Zaz... I'm aware of the whole story.... Pretty cool what it could have been. Honestly, I played Destiny from Day 1 and quit because while it had amazing gunplay, I got bored quick. What changed for me was when I made friends with other people who played and was able to do the raids. That changed my thoughts on Destiny. I pretty much play the game daily in some way. I've become a much much better PVP player because of Destiny. I love the game because of the relationships and cooperation.

Wasn't slagging you or anything. Just saying that their grand plan probably wasn't realistic given the nature of the game. Hopefully they can make it happen in the future.

Having a great group of gaming friends really makes such a huge difference in almost all games, especially if all of you have common interests and play a bunch of games together. Sorry bit of a captain obvious statement there. My current little group leaves A WHOLE LOT to be desired which kind of sucks and I don't have any of the consoles currently. I'd love to play some Co-Op Division but doubt the handful of people I sometimes get to co-op with will even buy the game so I'm sort of screwed and probably will have to pass. I want to see how that game pans out too though as I'm in buyer beware mode after the beta. Makes me wonder why they only allowed a small beta with no endgame. One of the notorious games that did that was Diablo 3 and it turns out it was because the end game at release was pitiful.

I always figured the first destiny would probably be an average game because it had to get the engine, story, mechanics and such all setup. Then Destiny 2 would be the kickass game because it would have all that stuff out of the way and could add on top of the tweaked stuff that was proven to work from the first game but it seems they have gotten all that stuff worked out with the Taken King Expansion and are ready to take that formula into Destiny 2. But yeah... No PC release damn it. Hoping the next Battlefront is like that too since they now have a kickass StarWars engine and BF2 won't need to be rush released to market to come out and ride the hype of Force Awakens.

I still can't believe how badly they ****ed up BF. The game and mechanics I thought for sure we could at least count on DICE to absolutely nail considering their history. I loved Bad Company 2, probably my favorite shooter. It was the whole getting it to feel like Star Wars without just throwing a Paint Job on Battlefield I was worried about but somehow they nailed the universe but ****ed up the actual game part of it. All they had to do was copy the already decent BattleFronts that came before it and put those into that amazing engine they built. Unbelievable.

Having a great group of gaming friends really makes such a huge difference in almost all games, especially if all of you have common interests and play a bunch of games together. Sorry bit of a captain obvious statement there. My current little group leaves A WHOLE LOT to be desired which kind of sucks and I don't have any of the consoles currently. I'd love to play some Co-Op Division but doubt the handful of people I sometimes get to co-op with will even buy the game so I'm sort of screwed and probably will have to pass. I want to see how that game pans out too though as I'm in buyer beware mode after the beta. Makes me wonder why they only allowed a small beta with no endgame. One of the notorious games that did that was Diablo 3 and it turns out it was because the end game at release was pitiful.

I always figured the first destiny would probably be an average game because it had to get the engine, story, mechanics and such all setup. Then Destiny 2 would be the kickass game because it would have all that stuff out of the way and could add on top of the tweaked stuff that was proven to work from the first game but it seems they have gotten all that stuff worked out with the Taken King Expansion and are ready to take that formula into Destiny 2. But yeah... No PC release damn it. Hoping the next Battlefront is like that too since they now have a kickass StarWars engine and BF2 won't need to be released to market to come out and ride the hype of Force Awakens.

Good analogy. I hope they do take their time with Destiny 2 and don't try to rush it out for money.

Good analogy. I hope they do take their time with Destiny 2 and don't try to rush it out for money.

Yeah it's already a good sign they internally pushed back their development schedule because it was completely unrealistic to stick to the 10 year plan they mapped out. That's just not how game dev works. Especially when the Devs said just to move one single asset would take half the day because the engine they were using sucked. I couldn't believe that when I read it in the article how long it took things to compile and how they would start it when they left work for the night and if something happened overnight like the power went out, PC crashed, compile error... They basically lost a day of work. Just to move one asset a few pixels. Something is very wrong there with that engine and working on an already insane Dev schedule they were never going to get a quality game out the door.

Archived