Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

I don't remember them training ruthless assassins in ME2?

Recap?

It wasn't a focus of the plot, just one of those side things you hear about when talking to other characters. The Hanar helped train Drell to do their killing for them, since they are basically jelly fish and have a hard time doing it themselves.

It wasn't a focus of the plot, just one of those side things you hear about when talking to other characters. The Hanar helped train Drell to do their killing for them, since they are basically jelly fish and have a hard time doing it themselves.

I always thought that was kinda humorous. Would've loved to be a fly on the wall for that. 

Just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider. Absolutely loved it. Again, just exceeds on the 2013 reboot in every way.

The character skill building, weapon upgrades and crafting really make this series different from Uncharted. It's so much fun to gain new abilities and skills that you use to go back and explore previously visited hubs ala Metroid for new discoveries.

Tombs are much improved over the previous game too. They usually have an entrance that is hard to find and then contain a large room with one big puzzle that must be solved to move forward and gain the treasure, which is typically another skill.

The story is pretty good too. Searching for the Divine Source that a mythical prophet, a Jesus like figure possessed many years ago that can grant immortality. It was reminiscent of Indiana Jones Last Crusdade in some regards. It was fun if a bit predictable but there are some good twists and turns along the way. A post credits scene sets the stage for the next chapter in an exciting way.

Im proud to say I hit 98% completion on my first playthrough without using a guide. The collectibles are fun to find and rewarding because the documents add a great deal of backstory about the Prophet, his people and those that tried to take the divine source previously.

Most of the hub areas have missions from NPC as well as challenges such as burning flags, or destroying statues and stuff that are fun and challenging to complete.

Combat is awesome and varied. You have a bow, a pistol, rifle and shotgun with different versions of each that can all be upgraded. I spent most of my time using the bow because it's awesome of course. Also, stealth gameplay is really good and I always tried to do that too, if possible. Lara learns some slick skills like shooting three arrows at once to take out a handful of enemies at once that just makes stealth awesome and make you feel like a badass.

Graphics are outstanding. The outdoor worlds are gorgeous. Some indoor environments look a bit rough but it's not bad. I spent a ton of time just walking around looking at the world and the lighting.

Only glitch or bug I've encountered is a handful of times enemies disappeared mid battle which completely sucked and killed the moment. It wasn't frequent though and only happened a few times during my whole time with the game

This is a great game, any fan of the 2013 reboot will love it or any action adventure fan. Check it out. Should be on PS4 eventually too

That explains it and sounds familiar.

Thanks

I got Rise of the Tomb Raider free with my new GPU. Looking forward to it when it releases on the 28th. It doesn't really matter that I didn't play the first one right?

Not really, it's pretty standalone.

Pretty much the first one was her origin story. She a regular archeologist that shipwrecks on an island and struggles to survive and uncover the mysteries of the island. She emerges a capable warrior and survivor.

None of the characters or events from the first one are important to Rise except Jonah who is just her best friend and was with her during the first one. Also what she saw on that island (mythical) changes her perspective on what is possible and real in the world. That's about all. You'll be fine without it

Not really, it's pretty standalone.

Pretty much the first one was her origin story. She a regular archeologist that shipwrecks on an island and struggles to survive and uncover the mysteries of the island. She emerges a capable warrior and survivor.

None of the characters or events from the first one are important to Rise except Jonah who is just her best friend and was with her during the first one. Also what she saw on that island (mythical) changes her perspective on what is possible and real in the world. That's about all. You'll be fine without it

I'm very familiar with the original games, just not the reboot so I figured I should be ok. Thanks for the reply.

Haha no problem. Im the exact opposite. I've never played any of the original games except the reboot and Rise.

I think you'll enjoy it though.

I'm the same. I never found the original games interesting enough to play. But I've played the reboot, thought it was better than uncharted 1 and 3, on par with 2. I've seen you playing Rise, how do you like it so far? my wife bought me fallout 4 for my birthday so I don't know which I may start today.

I'm the same. I never found the original games interesting enough to play. But I've played the reboot, thought it was better than uncharted 1 and 3, on par with 2. I've seen you playing Rise, how do you like it so far? my wife bought me fallout 4 for my birthday so I don't know which I may start today.

Loved it, even better than the first in pretty much every way. My full review is about 6 posts up, check it out.

Id probably play this first so you could knock it out quickly and then focus entirely on fallout which will be massive and time consuming

There is a logjam of games about to release. The Witness, Rise of Tombraider (PC) Xcom2, Dying Light huge expansion, an old point and click adventure like Kings Quest all coming between Jan 26th and February 9th. Dragons Dogma and RE 0 rerelease a just came out as well. I'm sure I'm missing a couple too. Something for everyone.

It could be interesting having team Members drop into the open world and everybody meets up or handles their role accordingly, ie sniper finds a hill and provides cover fire.

These things rarely work as intended.

And if prefer they keep up the radical ghost recon aspect. But who knows, maybe this is the change the series needs to Refresh itself. It does look fun.

Wonder how the PvP works

My most anticipated upcoming game. Couldn't be more excited for it. Seriously look how fun that first person parkour and combat looks. Much improved over the original

Loved the first one. The futuristic city, the concept of runners and how important they are getting secret messages delivered without detection. Everything about it. Just fresh and unique

It could be interesting having team Members drop into the open world and everybody meets up or handles their role accordingly, ie sniper finds a hill and provides cover fire.

These things rarely work as intended.

And if prefer they keep up the radical ghost recon aspect. But who knows, maybe this is the change the series needs to Refresh itself. It does look fun.

Wonder how the PvP works

When things fall apart and it gets crazy is some of the best of times though.

Yesterday, Amazon had Rainbow Six Siege on sale for 35. I already have it for PS4 but decided to pick it up for Xbox ONE because a buddy of mine doesn't have PS4. If anyone plays on XBOne, you can add me: code0rama  (the 0 is a zero).  

Also purchased the Microsoft elite controller.  I know I can return it if I don't like it.  My son has a Scuf controller for PS4 and I like it a lot, but, I've been dying to try the elite.  Seems like its a lot more solid. I also like the fact that you can reprogram it.  My son's scuf has the remapping for the paddles which is really cool. You can do it on the fly, but I just want to try the elite. If I don't like it, I'll return it.

Also purchased the Microsoft elite controller. I know I can return it if I don't like it. My son has a Scuf controller for PS4 and I like it a lot, but, I've been dying to try the elite. Seems like its a lot more solid. I also like the fact that you can reprogram it. My son's scuf has the remapping for the paddles which is really cool. You can do it on the fly, but I just want to try the elite. If I don't like it, I'll return it.

My buddy has one he says it's the best video game controller ever made. Said it feels strong and heavy in your hand and the adjustable buttons and paddles really help competitively

My buddy has one he says it's the best video game controller ever made. Said it feels strong and heavy in your hand and the adjustable buttons and paddles really help competitively

That sounds awesome.

I really wish Sony would make one like it.

My sons Scuf is nice but it's already been sent back for repairs. I'm lucky it was under warranty.

The Microsoft one seems so much better made.

Archived