Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

I got the Microsoft Elite controller yesterday. All I can say is WOW.  It is by far the nicest most well thought out video game controller I've ever touched.

My son has a Scuf controller for the PS4 and its is extremely nice. The Elite is just heads and shoulders better, and cheaper.  I don't know if I'll keep it or return it yet. I do most of my PVP gaming on PS4 rather than Xbox, so I don't know if I can justify having it for the xbox.  If PS4 had a controller like it, I'd jump all over it.

If I played Destiny on Xbox, I'd keep it and use it to death. It is just first class amazing.

I got the Microsoft Elite controller yesterday. All I can say is WOW. It is by far the nicest most well thought out video game controller I've ever touched.

My son has a Scuf controller for the PS4 and its is extremely nice. The Elite is just heads and shoulders better, and cheaper. I don't know if I'll keep it or return it yet. I do most of my PVP gaming on PS4 rather than Xbox, so I don't know if I can justify having it for the xbox. If PS4 had a controller like it, I'd jump all over it.

If I played Destiny on Xbox, I'd keep it and use it to death. It is just first class amazing.

Dude, don't talk me into it code lol. I want one so bad but I've also been considering an steering wheel, shifter and pedal set up. It really is that nice?

Dude, don't talk me into it code lol. I want one so bad but I've also been considering an steering wheel, shifter and pedal set up. It really is that nice?

Oh man... I'm so sad. Its amazing. If It was for the PS4 it would be a keeper. I'm literally trying so hard to justify keeping it in my mind.

Compared to the Scuf controller, its no contest.  The scuf controller is amazing, its so fun to use, but, the Elite just feels like a precision piece of machinery in your hand.  My son's scuf has the magnetic remapping, so you can quickly reassign the paddles to different buttons. For example, while playing Destiny, he has the left paddle for jumping, so he can jump and never take thumbs off the thumbtacks.  He has the right paddle for crouching, he likes to crouch then pop up and snipe at the same time.  Very effective. I actually prefer the right one for either melee or grenades, depending on which class of character I'm on.

The Elite has 4 paddles and you can use an app on the Xboxone to assign them.  They are perfectly placed.  I was really not sure if they would be too much, but while there is a learning curve to get used to them, its perfect...  All 4 buttons can be mapped to the paddles. Never have to take your thumbs off.  Also, the thumbtacks are magnetic and are easily removed and changed. It comes with 3 sets. Short, med and long. I love the long ones. The paddles are removable as well. If they are in the way for a particular game, just take them off. The scuf can't do that.

Finally, each trigger has a hair trigger switch. That way, you don't have to pull them all the way to actually fire.  Very cool

Personally, I'd hate to convince anyone to buy anything, but, you can always do what I did.  Buy off Amazon. You have 30 days to return. No risk.  That's the only reason I did it.

Played the beta a couple hours this morning. I will copy and paste this in the official thread too...

First off, I will be purchasing the game.  I like it overall.

The 3rd person view is good for PVE.  I don't mind it at all.  I do not like it for the Darkzone PVP.

It is NOT a Destiny clone. So for some, this will be a good thing and for others, it's a bad thing.

The gunplay in Destiny is far superior.  No contest.  The "Story" in the Division is "better" in the traditional sense. I think most will enjoy playing single player in The Division more than in Destiny.  I was bored playing by myself. I'm looking forward to playing with the guys I play Destiny with tomorrow when the Beta opens on PS4.  

I really like the weapon upgrade system. Very cool.

I love the loot system. I'm sure some will complain that a lot of the loot is crap. But, its the same way in Destiny. If you get everything you want, why will you continue to play? I have no problem with grinding games.

The one real issue with the game is what I thought it would be.  The bosses are bullet sponges and its pretty stupid.  I realize that the game could not have a level of realism similar to R6 Siege. That just wouldn't work.  When you fight regular enemies, its not so bad. Yes, it does take a lot of bullets to kill them, but its not unreasonable IMO.  However, I've faced 3 bosses so far.  Its a joke. You shoot them point blank in the face and it still takes 3-4 clips to kill them.  Not shots... CLIPS. This is to kill a human enemy.  

I've only spent a few minutes in the dark zone and I can't comment as to if I really like it or not yet. Not enough time to make a fair judgement. I do not like the 3rd person system.  However, I like the concept and the loot system.  I did encounter another group of players and they were waiting to extract.  They were so worried that I was going to try to steal their stuff. I was just curious as to what was going on.  I also ran into a group of NPC's that were too high of a level for me to even do damage to. Again, real human beings, I can't even damage them at all.  I'm not sure how they could fix that.  They have an RPG style leveling system and that is an issue.  

I'm looking forward to getting home to play more.  

I put some initial thoughts on the Division beta in its thread. I'll put some additional ones here:

While I was the in dark zone(PvP), I took down a rogue and these two guys come up gave me the applause emote and then invited me into their group. I thought we were going to find loot and help each other extract it. But instead, These dudes rolled up on a group about to extract their loot and went straight dead presidents on em. Because I'm in their group, I got labeled a rogue too and had to defend myself from everyone in the zone trying to take me out.

So then we started staking out the excavation zones and killing groups right before the countdown ends and taking their stuff. Then hiding in the abandoned subways tunnels and using it as a choke point to wait out the rogue counter. At one point my rogue counter was up to 4 minutes and I had soooo much loot. Which became pretty pointless since we couldn't get to an evacuation zone to keep it. But eventually two groups of players ganged up on us and bumrushed our position.

I did some side missions after the dark zone that were pretty story driven. One was about a medic in the base who asked me to look into the disappearance her sister. I had to piece together what happened to her with this tech that could reconstruct what has happened in an area. Had to travel to three different areas before getting down to what happened to her.

Every time I finished a side mission, there was another one available. Hostage situations, assaulting enemy strongholds, etc,.

I had more time to play yesterday and nothing has made me dislike the game, but, on the Destiny forums, a lot of people are "hoping" that the division will offer them a better solo experience.  In PVE, maybe, but no way in PVP.  I learned the hard way last night that its kind of pointless to go into the Dark Zone alone.  During the day, I had a lot of positive experiences, but damn, after 7pm, I was attacked literally every single time I saw other players.  Some were spawn camping at the entrance just to be dicks.  When you enter the DZ, you don't even have loot for them to steal.  

Today, i'll start playing on PS4 and I have a lot of friends that are also playing. We are going to basically not going to trust anyone in the DZ.  If you have a group of 4, you should be fine. Solo... no way. Even if you group up with other solo players that you meet, you ultimately cannot trust them.  There is no matchmaking so to speak.  

If you are looking to get the division as a primarily solo player, I'd rethink that.  However, if you have regulars that you play with, I think its going to be a fun game.  Just my 2 cents.

How is the PVP health? Is it more realistic or are you still burning clips to take down players?

And is the bullet sponge stuff only on bosses or even regular enemy types in the rest of the world?

From what i have watched it seems like it takes a decent amount of bullets to kill players. AI in the game seems pretty stupid. Like when you start shooting them they will attempt to jump of ladders or scaffolding slowly as possible. Obviously its still in Beta but i think im gonna wait a few weeks to purchase if i purchase at all.

How is the PVP health? Is it more realistic or are you still burning clips to take down players?

And is the bullet sponge stuff only on bosses or even regular enemy types in the rest of the world?

The health you bring into the DZ from your leveling up in PvE is what a player's health is. So like if you've found enough gear and leveled up to 6, you health could be 3000 HP. So when you shoot someone, you'll see points rise up off them as the bullets find home. That is their health points dropping. At its foundation, it is really an rpg with shooter elements. You can use a health pack while getting shot and get health back, or use a medic skill to do a group heal of your party in real time.

It takes a lot of bullets to kill another player.

Also, you have 2 different levels. The leveling up you do in the safe zone doesn't count towards what you do in the dark zone. 2 different currencies as well. Not sure if I like that or not. One thing I love about destiny is that I can get amazing gear through pve, and level up, then go so things like trials or iron banner and my level advantages count.

For the people that hate Destiny's grind, the Division will be a double grind.

My strategy when the game comes out will be to level up the dark zone side first as fast as possible because the pve side doesn't really matter.

I have XCOM2 preloaded and ready to go for tomorrow night 12am EST. Cannot wait have been looking forward to this game for a long time. First pre order I've done in many many years other than a few kick starters.

Let us know how it is. I'm sure I'll pick it up at some point (but I can probably wait for it to go on sale)

Let us know how it is. I'm sure I'll pick it up at some point (but I can probably wait for it to go on sale)

Will do, around 4 hours until the alien war resumes. I go back to Tahoe end of the month since I've recovered from surgery so I'm completely bumming it up these last few weeks. Stayed up real late yesterday/this morning and slept until 7pm so I could wake up to watch the caps, then all nighter XCom2. What my wife doesn't know can't hurt right? Waiting for sale is normally what I would do but since I'm out of work for another few weeks and I have loved the series since I was younger I figured why not. However, the only really negative things I've heard about it is bugs and performance issues... The main reasons why I normally wait for sales and a couple months after games release. So not a bad plan.

Edit at 12:01am: And it's time, like I said have been waiting for this for years absolutely loved the first one and Xenonauts. Xenonauts was actually much closer to being a sequel to the original Xcom than the official one. Xenonauts is on steam as well and just announced a sequel coming in 2017. Anyone that's a fan of the Xcom series shouldn't hesitate to check this game out on steam it's amazing as well.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/223830/

Xenonauts is a strategy game in which you control a multi-national military organisation defending a Cold War-era Earth from alien invasion, using small squads of persistent soldiers to eliminate the extraterrestrials and recover their technology in turn-based ground combat.

chime in sometime tomorrow if you get a chance.  I'm really hoping the sequel is as good as the original.

I didn't get a chance to play in the stress test but from the few streams i watched of it...well it looked pretty terrible. Gonna try and play some this weekend to see my thoughts. They are only opening 4 player co-op i believe. 

I didn't get a chance to play in the stress test but from the few streams i watched of it...well it looked pretty terrible.  

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu   :(

I don't know many folks who played the original Homefront online, but it was awesome.  It was like Battlefield with killstreaks, but not nearly as cheap as Call of Duty.  Tanks, Choppers, drones, airstrikes.

Edit at 12:01am: And it's time, like I said have been waiting for this for years absolutely loved the first one and Xenonauts. Xenonauts was actually much closer to being a sequel to the original Xcom than the official one. Xenonauts is on steam as well and just announced a sequel coming in 2017. Anyone that's a fan of the Xcom series shouldn't hesitate to check this game out on steam it's amazing as well.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/223830/

Xenonauts is a strategy game in which you control a multi-national military organisation defending a Cold War-era Earth from alien invasion, using small squads of persistent soldiers to eliminate the extraterrestrials and recover their technology in turn-based ground combat.

Yeah, I picked up Xenonauts in a humble bundle. That one's really tough. No army-of-one **** is gonna succeed there.

So what FPS games are coming out and how do y'all rank the ones already out?  Including the ones currently in beta/alpha that have been tested.  Leave the Division out since it's not a true FPS.  Strictly talking multiplayer pvp.

I'd go with this:

1.  Rainbow Six Siege - imo, best multiplayer FPS out there, based on strategy/teamwork needed to secure the objectives.  

2.  Destiny - Crucible - multiple game modes, futuristic, chance on landing exotic weapons/armor - very fun game

3.  CoD:  Black Ops 3 - Very fun game, loads better than AW.  Would play it alot more if I wasn't going R6 Siege 24/7 right now

4.  Battlefield Hardline - Was great, but a semi-let down with no vehicular warfare.  Fun running with Goonie and Chew though.

5.  Star Wars Battlefront - Loved it when it first came out, got boring imo, the lack of weapon customization was a huge miss, imo

Not a whole lot out there right now, talking newer games or ones still going.  Looking forward to the new Doom and Homefront, but have no idea how to rank them with the current ones.

We're pretty disappointed in Star Wars as well.  We were hoping for a lot more, but with only 4 maps for their "large scale" game modes, and literally 10 guns, it's been a serious letdown.  Too bad.

For Hardline to be called a "Battlefield" game is a joke.  Wife and I enjoyed it, I've we've got a good 100+ hours online, but it got old after a while.  Kind of a COD/BF hybrid.  

Blops 3- now that I've finally got my grove back (after a solid month of complaining like a girl), we are loving this game.  I've hit 5th prestige already.  

Can't speak to Destiny or Siege, though a few folks have told me great things about the Rainbow ;)

Archived