Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

On 12/3/2019 at 9:18 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

Prepare your assholes

Moar stuffs

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/12/10/resident-evil-3-remake-confirmed-with-release-date

Resident Evil 3 Remake Confirmed With Release Date

The long-rumoured Resident Evil 3 remake was officially announced during Sony's State of Play livestream.

Capcom announced its remake of Resident Evil 3 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam with a reveal trailer during Sony's State of Play today. It will be available on April 3, 2020.

As with this year's remake of Resident Evil 2, the third game in the series has been reimagined with an over-the-shoulder perspective, allowing you to scan all the details of the environment brought to life with the RE Engine.

You play as Jill Valentine, who arrives in Raccoon City a few days before Leon and Claire do in Resident Evil 2. She faces an even greater threat than the previous game's Tyrant, though, as the more intelligent bioweapon known as the Nemesis tries to hunt her down as she tackles the zombie outbreak plaguing the city.

Jill also has to deal with the Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service, or U.B.C.S., which is a private military force that started the outbreak. Fortunately, one of them called Carlos Oliveira is looking to help out survivors, and so he teams up with Jill.

*More at link

I hardly ever fall for preorder stuff, and largely consider it fiscal necrophilia. But I'm gonna have to shamelessly cop this one.

28 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I have thoughts, but would love to hear your explanation of this turn of phrase (which is delightful). :ols:

I mean, I used to say fiscal rape, but, you know, #MeToo and all that (for a good reason, if I might add). 

I mean they already got us with the product, paying the initial price, and and then in some cases (like with many PS Store purchases) they'll increase it by over 100% of the initial price in some cases just for a bunch of cosmetic crap, crap that isnt much better than stuff already in the game (for what you're paying for it), and other crap that should've been there to begin with.

But this? I must have this 😐

Busted the news to my wife tonight that I might be getting another arcade game and she was like "WHAT?"

Then I told her what it was and showed her a pic and she was like "Oh that's cool.  You should get one of those driving games, [our son] loves them!"

So now maybe I will end up with a game like San Francisco Rush or something too lol.

Oh, and my son is 4.  So he will have time to grow into one if i did get it lol.

Supposedly it can pause your progress across multiple games so you stop playing or switch between several games and pick up where you left off on each one. And will be the most powerful console ever released, specifically 4x more than the One X

Backwards compatible across all previous xbox systems. 

Supports 60fps 4k and can potentially get 120fps. Also able to support 8k.

All Xbox 1 accessories and games work immediately with it. 

I'm a big fan of both Xbox and Playstation platforms, but I'll never understand why Microsoft has to make things so complicated with their naming conventions. Maybe this name wouldn't seem quite as bad except they already have the Xbox One X on the market, which I'd have to imagine is going to cause a bit of confusion for people.

It's getting annoying finding these science weapons.  Been all over and still cant find one that fits my build (moderate Long Guns, heavy Science + Science Wpn Dmg). The latest one called the Shrink Ray is ****ing hilarious though. Basically just like honey I shrunk the kids and they just keep shrinking and shrinking and squealing like a funny cartoon character untill they go down. There's also an also anti-gravity gun that levitates the enemy. Reminds ds me of the biotic attacks from Mass Effect

So I beat The Outer Worlds last night. I dunno, I didn't expect it to end so quickly. Kind of underwhelming, quest wise. Maybe it was just my build and the choices I made.

And what's up with like half the planetary bodies on the map being there for aesthetic purposes? Bummer. It was fun using my scientific genius to manually jump the colony vessel into hyperspace and turn the mini Metal Gear against itself with the long gun Science weapon that I finally found.

Still left me wanting more though, and couldn't help feeling unsatisfied 

Was at my brother/sister in-laws yesterday and my bro-in-law showed me a PC game on Steam called Mordhau.  Game looked pretty cool, so I bought it when I got home.  It's basically like CoD but with medieval combat in place, the play style is great, it does a great job of mimicking what actual combat with spears, axes, swords, etc. would be like.  It's hard as hell, but fun and addictive.  

@Mr. Sinister  I know you were mentioning a while back about a game that would capture that type of combat (think that was u).  If you move forward with building a gaming rig, you should definitely check this game out.  No single player, but you don't have to mic up (I don't) to have fun in it.

On 12/19/2019 at 5:22 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

So I beat The Outer Worlds last night. I dunno, I didn't expect it to end so quickly. Kind of underwhelming, quest wise. Maybe it was just my build and the choices I made.

Felt like there really wasn't much to most of the planets. Definitely needed more quests and more to explore. Still was a fun game prolly be a sequel at some point. 

6 minutes ago, clietas said:

Felt like there really wasn't much to most of the planets. Definitely needed more quests and more to explore. Still was a fun game prolly be a sequel at some point. 

Yeah much of the quests were cut from the old school sandbox style. Go here and do this for that person. Shame. Solid game, great gameplay, dialogue and build possibilities.  Everything else was kinda meh.

11 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

The most fun I had in outerworlds was accidentally turning that whole rich planet against me and having to fight my way out of the city to get to my ship.

Mine was probably bossing the rogue scientist around because my character was so intelligent, and finally finding a Science weapon to fit my build (the mind eraser or whatever it was called). Good lord 

Basically it's a boss eliminator. You use the mind control capabilities to turn the opponent against its minions. No one could touch me after that because instead of going off firearm skills, the Science weapons go off your Science skill, and mine was 100+ buffs which took it up to nearly 150. Anything that wasn't a boss got killed within a few seconds.

Hyper jumping the ship was pretty fun. Reminded me of being on edge going through the Omega 4  Relay in Mass Effect.

Has anyone here played Disco Elysium? I was thinking of giving it a try after reading this article comparing it to Outer Worlds. It's supposedly a super deep RPG fully focused on role-playing, story, and user choice/adaptibility. It doesn't have any user controlled combat, but your skills that you choose to invest in become voices in your head that change the experience and story.

https://www.pcgamer.com/disco-elysium-has-ruined-the-outer-worlds-for-me/

1 hour ago, Fresh8686 said:

Has anyone here played Disco Elysium? I was thinking of giving it a try after reading this article comparing it to Outer Worlds. It's supposedly a super deep RPG fully focused on role-playing, story, and user choice/adaptibility. It doesn't have any user controlled combat, but your skills that you choose to invest in become voices in your head that change the experience and story.

https://www.pcgamer.com/disco-elysium-has-ruined-the-outer-worlds-for-me/

Haven't played it yet, but read very good things about it.

I heard about it too. Think it's in the running for a slew of pc gaming awards.

For some odd reason I decided to check out Fallout 4's CC content. Got me thinking about trying it out again. Just screams serial killer HOA president. I never really explored settlement building in depth or the Minutemen faction .

Archived