Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

21 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Now I think I'm getting a clearer picture of what every pregnant chick nightmare must be like :ols:

probably like that damn thing from Toy Story coming out of them, killing the nurse and burning down the hospital

Forky asks a question.....what IS murder????

Oh cool... My first foray into Survival mode is off to a hot start, with me slowly dying from a debilitating infection (cant even escape coronavirus in the 3d world, smh)

Now it's a race against time to find a vendor that sells antibiotics, while being chased by things that can give me even more infection. 👍

15 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Anyone played this game called The Hunt: Showdown? Looks pretty good

I just came across it this weekend and bought it Sunday night.  Didn't play it that long though, but it's pretty cool (at least the intro level is).  I can't wait to check out the online PvP, it's a mix of PvE/co-op (or you can go solo) and you work on an objective, and other groups/players get bounties on their heads, something like that.

I just finished up AC Origins. Good game, beautiful world. Runs super well on PC. Interesting story and characters.

Going back and playing AC Unity now. The game was a ****show when it came out so I never bothered. Seems like they fixed all the bugs and man... the world is beautiful. Graphics and the amount of population density in it is really ahead of its time, which might explain why it ran so poorly on consoles. But on PC, I'm running it on 1440p and the texture maps and detailing are amazing. Although you notice the character models and the hair is just atrocious. It's a small thing but games have come a long way in rendering hair in the last few years.

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

I just finished up AC Origins. Good game, beautiful world. Runs super well on PC. Interesting story and characters.

I thought it was good for what it was (at the time), a standalone experiment,  like Black Flag. I was worried though that because of its popularity, they would completely abandon the core principles of an Assassin's Creed game, for an adventure sandbox, and my gawd did they do that with Odyssey.

Just crapped all over itself. Origins on Barry Bonds steroids. I couldn't even finish it.

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I thought it was good for what it was (at the time), a standalone experiment,  like Black Flag. I was worried though that because of its popularity, they would completely abandon the core principles of an Assassin's Creed game, for an adventure sandbox, and my gawd did they do that with Odyssey.

Just crapped all over itself. Origins on A-Rod steroids. I couldn't even finish it.

The stealth factor was pretty bad in Origins and it’s really jarring if you go play an older game. Like AC Unity actually requires you to play as a stealthy assassin and is quite punishing if you decide to just take on hoards of enemies. It’s been weird going from a newer game to an older one. They feel like totally different games. 

Of course, I accepted it in Origins because the story is about the actual conception of the Assassins and their creed.

If you thought Origins was bad, wait til you get a hold of Odyssey. They make no mention of the Assassins,  and the opening sequence is LITERALLY 300, with Leonidas and his spear. It's just "Here's our game, do what thou wilt"

Probably should be a magnificent game, but It should make any OG Assassin's Creed fan gauge their eyes eyes out 

AC 1 will always be my favorite. Fresh setting, fantastic cities. Fun storyline. Mystery involving the present day stuff. And actual free-choice assassinations. Research, plan, execute. They really could have made the research and planning better but they drifted way too far from that formula. 2 is a great game but still seemed to be the start of restricting you. Didn't matter as much though because Ezio was great, the italian renassaince period and cities were amazing and they added enough things like the mansion and money management stuff to keep it fresh. 

3 was a disaster. Awesome setting. Crappy cities, crappy story and characters, extremely limited freedom in gameplay.

Brotherhood was ok. Kinda fun building a guild and doing contracts.

Revelations didn't do it for me.

Black Flag is great imo. should have just been a new pirate franchise but still probably the most fun i've had with the series since 1. Adore the setting, the gameplay, the exploration, really went back to making you feel badass being a force of destruction on the open seas. 

Unity I couldn't get in to really. Didn't really care much for syndicate though I liked the setting. Haven't played Origins or Revelations they look amazing but just don't look like AC to me. Feels like a reboot that didn't do justice to what the series should have been and at one point was

39 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

AC 1 will always be my favorite. Fresh setting, fantastic cities. Fun storyline. Mystery involving the present day stuff. And actual free-choice assassinations. Research, plan, execute. They really could have made the research and planning better but they drifted way too far from that formula. 2 is a great game but still seemed to be the start of restricting you. Didn't matter as much though because Ezio was great, the italian renassaince period and cities were amazing and they added enough things like the mansion and money management stuff to keep it fresh. 

3 was a disaster. Awesome setting. Crappy cities, crappy story and characters, extremely limited freedom in gameplay.

Brotherhood was ok. Kinda fun building a guild and doing contracts.

Revelations didn't do it for me.

Black Flag is great imo. should have just been a new pirate franchise but still probably the most fun i've had with the series since 1. Adore the setting, the gameplay, the exploration, really went back to making you feel badass being a force of destruction on the open seas. 

Unity I couldn't get in to really. Didn't really care much for syndicate though I liked the setting. Haven't played Origins or Revelations they look amazing but just don't look like AC to me. Feels like a reboot that didn't do justice to what the series should have been and at one point was

Brotherhood was the beginning of that ****ized Win Button system. Totally devalued combat. 

Revelations had one of the better stories ( the end of Ezio's trilogy, coinciding with he, Altair, and Desmonds story overlapping, and Desmond himself psychologically coming to grips with stabbing Lucy, while trapped in the Animus with Subject 16 the crazy dude from all the ACII puzzles that was tortured by Abstergo).

Again though, combat was an issue with the win button stuff, and by then, I think the gaming engine was really starting to show its age, which probably explains why they overhauled the entire thing with III. Plus, the best part of the game was the gadget usage (the best of the entire franchise imo) but it subsequently made the whole thing kinda OP.

Rogue has the best story, hands down (set during the Seven Years war), telling the story of the destruction of the Colonial Assassins, serving as a sequel to Black Flag,  a prequel to III, and a sort of foreshadowing for Unity ( the last mission involves the assassination of Arno's father in France). Stylistically though, its Black Flag lite beer.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Rogue has the best story, hands down (set during the Seven Years war), telling the story of the destruction of the Colonial Assassins, serving as a sequel to Black Flag,  a prequel to III, and a sort of foreshadowing for Unity ( the last mission involves the assassination of Arno's father in France). Stylistically though, its Black Flag lite beer.

Never actually played this one because I believe it came out simultaneously on PS3/360 while Black Flag came out on XB1/PS4. I had already converted and missed it. Will have to look up the story because that sounds pretty sweet.

9 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Never actually played this one because I believe it came out simultaneously on PS3/360 while Black Flag came out on XB1/PS4. I had already converted and missed it. Will have to look up the story because that sounds pretty sweet.

Yeah it's set in the Northeast/North Atlantic, and you're playing a disenfranchised assassin turned Templar. Definitely doesnt lack for drama

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The story seems really cool but the gamplay looks like everybody just stands in a huddle swinging lightsabers until people randomly start falling down.

Its turned based combat based on D&D rules.  So yeah kinda.

I really enjoyed the way the combat was done. Shame they went the mmo route with the franchise. 

Mmo's are the devil

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

What is? Not playing them? You have to if you're a SW fan.

Yeah I never played it.  just never got around to it, and by 2009-ish, because I could no longer afford to invest in both consoles, I chose Sony.

Archived