Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

geez louise.  its so obvious now.  not in ALL cases (not everybody, so relax),

but for the most part, it takes A LOT more skill to succeed in Battlefield.  Cod: Ghosts is more about connection, reaction time, and corner turning luck.

Battlefield is where the big boys play.   :)

This is why I have always preferred Halo too. COD is a twitch fest. If you don't have ADD, you camp. That's about it. 

I'm only being semi-serious. 

Has anyone played the next gen assassins creed? Thoughts?

I am loving AC4 on PS4. I think it's a blast to play. I don't have 360/PS3 version to compare but the graphics are really nice, not blow you off your feet nice but really good. The missions are fun and the setting is perfect. I think really though I love it more as just a badass pirate game rather than an AC game. Which is fine with me.

I make the comparison that AC4 did for Pirates what RDR did for Westerns. Not in quality necessarily because RDR is a classic and one of my favorite video games ever but just in the sense that for the most part, everything you would want to do in a western or as a pirate you can pretty much do in either game. 

I've played games mostly on my PC for the last 5 years.  I just don't understand why a lot of PC gamers feel you need to invest $1000+ dollars to play games.  They feel anything less than Ultra on every setting is crap.  It's like some PC gamers are driven crazy if they have to turn one setting down.  If a new game comes out which requires them to turn a couple of settings down, they'll go out and drop another $500 bucks just to turn up a couple of graphic settings.  I saw a poll from Steam that suggested the PS4 is better than the PCs that most their customers use.  I know steam is creating a console to bring PC gaming to the living room.  It's going to be expensive though.

I will check it out when I get home. In all fairness I don't know what GPU's most people use, I just know what I push and the guys I game with push. I think that the PS4 and XB1 are pushing 680ti equivalents of GPU's. Most of us are on the just below top end range. But I can see that most PC gamers are stuck on laptops with old GPU's or gamers that play on older GPU's. Nothing wrong with that at all, since my PC is my hobby and  money sink. I will admit that I am one of the guys that hates to play anything less than Ultra. I want to play the game as the developers intended and experience the pure beauty of it. Like I said, part of the PC gaming culture is the hobby of overclocking because I guarantee you that most people who spend that type of money on GPU's are into the overclocking scene. Next up on the list is a 4k monitor, but at 3k, I need to wait till the price comes down a bit. All that being said I will most likely get both consoles with the XB1 being first.

2514897-1217664-gloriouspcgamingrace_sup

According to this article, there might be hope.

http://www.slashgear.com/xbox-one-availability-may-be-better-than-microsoft-is-letting-on-25306723/

Your best bet is to get on the phone and call around to the Best Buys, Targets, Wal Marts, Costcos, etc in your area. There is a good chance someone might have one today or tomorrow.

I know I've seen quite a few in store this week out here...

Speaking of which...according to Target's website, it looks like Target has a few of them in stores around Falls Church (within 20 miles)...

http://www.target.com/p/xbox-one-standard-edition-console/-/A-14787660#prodSlot=medium_1_2

Click on the "find in store" to confirm which ones... 

http://www.slashgear.com/xbox-one-availability-may-be-better-than-microsoft-is-letting-on-25306723/

Your best bet is to get on the phone and call around to the Best Buys, Targets, Wal Marts, Costcos, etc in your area. There is a good chance someone might have one today or tomorrow.

Speaking of which...according to Target's website, it looks like Target has a few of them in stores around Falls Church (within 20 miles)...

http://www.target.com/p/xbox-one-standard-edition-console/-/A-14787660#prodSlot=medium_1_2

Definitely call before going. There are 4 Targets around me in NY that say they have them in stock but the actually have nothing available. 

I know Target will be releasing all of their non-pickup pre-orders Friday

I've been to all of the targets around Falls Church. The website is wrong and is never up to date - per several employees from different stores.

I ended up with 5 games and I'll quickly state my opinion on each.

COD Ghosts: Meh, I think I'm burnt out with COD. It's a good game but I'm usually bored after 2 rounds.

Battlefield 4: This game is the ****. 64 people conquest is absolutely nuts. The amount of holy **** moments per game are awesome. The other day I killed a kid on a turret gun from like a mile away with a perfectly arched rocket. It was awesome.

FIFA 14: Great game and not much else to say. I don't even like soccer but this game is fun like all FIFA installments and looks beautiful.

Madden 25: bleh. Not a bad game, but I hate how they haven't been able to improve franchise mode and people have been ****ing about this for almost 10 years now.

Assassins Creed 4: This game is the **** as well. AC3 was pretty awful when I really think about it. But this is the exact opposite. Land combat and naval is great. This game is not tough but it's A LOT more challenging than the cupcake fights in AC3.

Check out the seller's feedback section. 29 transactions, all positive reviews. But it's the same couple of buyers each time, and only $1 transactions. He's basically buying stuff from himself and leaving positive feedback. Lot of work to make $400 off someone. What a scumbag.

Archived